AP Top 25 Poll (10-13-19)

Baylor and SMU havent come back anywhere close to where they were.

Definitely true.

Baylor has their most difficult 5 game stretch of the season coming up here. Okst, WVU, TCU, TEXAS,

Still noteworthy that they were able to get respectable on the field after the rape **** and half the team leaving. I thought they were back to 1-9,0-10,3-7, type of Baylor.

SMU you’re right a fraction of what they used to be. It’s nice seeing a squad like that get here as well though.

I’ll be super hyped once Miami jumps back into that type of circle. We dominated great teams back in the day. Everyone saying the Clemson beatdown of Bama is one of the biggest surprises in CFB.

I think Miami absolutely punishing top 10 teams and national championships is more impressive.

Advertisement
Texas (4-2) is ranked #15 and there are four undefeated teams ranked lower ..... interesting.

Should never happen. SOS be dammed. If the undefeated squads start losing then sure. But no way a TWO loss squad remains ranked. One loss I hear you.....TWO? Nah fam take that back seat.

This is the exact reason why preseason rankings are bogus and create such an unfair advantage.

I agree but what’s the solution to the pre-season top 25?

Ranking them off the eyeball test after week 6-7?

I think they need the preseason top 25 because they need a basis or direction to go off of. They literally would be pulling **** from thin air otherwise which I wouldn’t trust to be fair either.

What do you think?

I agree but what’s the solution to the pre-season top 25?

Ranking them off the eyeball test after week 6-7?

I think they need the preseason top 25 because they need a basis or direction to go off of. They literally would be pulling **** from thin air otherwise which I wouldn’t trust to be fair either.

What do you think?
Its not an eyeball test once teams have played 5-7 games, its a resume. IMO, polls shouldn't come out until around now. I get what you are saying having a basis but teams that start outside the top ten in preseason virtually have no margin for error. Georgia losing at home as a 20pt favorite and remaining in the top ten is a joke, epecially this early still in the season. The deck never gets reshuffled. You make valid points, there is no perfect way.

Clemson was lucky to get by Mack's unranked TarHole team by 1 point and should have lost the game with a better play call for the 2 pt conversion try. Bama and LSU are both better than Clemson. the AP poll is accurate as far as this goes .

And an argument could be made that there are other teams that are better and should be ranked ahead of Clemson..
Clemson is clearly not near as good as they were last year. Anyone that disagrees has not watched them play. Last year is last year. end of story IMO.

I completely understand this argument, but the same argument isn’t used for every team. If it’s based on resume alone LSU should be #1. Bama being #1 shows they are using this year and last year. If you are going by that standard Clemson should be #1 bc they smashed Bama and haven’t lost yet

Advertisement
Advertisement
The linked article says Kirby smart told his players to look in the mirror after the loss. Why not “check your wallet?”

Advertisement
Exactly... the dumbasses on ESPN were talking about how the Dawgs were still in the hunt for a playoff spot even with one loss if they win out because .... get this .... THEY BEAT NOTRE DAME..... LMAO .... what a bunch of ******* morons !

U don’t get it, bro; A SEC unranked team L is equivalent to a top 25 ranked team L. U see, it’s like a So Fla 3* is the same as a Iowa 5*. Same chit. Lol.

U don’t get it, bro; A SEC unranked team L is equivalent to a top 25 ranked team L. U see, it’s like a So Fla 3* is the same as a Iowa 5*. Same chit. Lol.
i hear ya Bro ... but what got me was the deal about the Dawgs beating Nutty Dome --- like thats the same or greater than kicking the NE Patriots ***. ESPN can't stop slurping the Domers nuts .... sickening.

We are not a top 25 team, par for the course. But we will finish in the top 25 by years end. I think they win out, but we’ll see,

Advertisement
i hear ya Bro ... but what got me was the deal about the Dawgs beating Nutty Dome --- like thats the same or greater than kicking the NE Patriots ***. ESPN can't stop slurping the Domers nuts .... sickening.

ND gets so much love for no reason at all. It’s annoying af, fa real.

Really don't care whether we get ranked eventually...
...just want some hope that we are improving significantly and digging our way out of this 15 year sh1tpile we have been stuck in...
.... so far i feel hopeless

It would me.

Lsu is suspect as **** on d
L$U will put aome points on Baga, but I suspect Baga puts even more points on L$U. I don't see that defense getting enough stops on 3rd down to beat Baga. They couldn't get off the field vs. UiF at home.

Advertisement
Back