AP Poll

Advertisement
Use your eyes. Do you think there are more teams better than them?

Every team in the top 10 would beat #2 Cincinnati. Yet they are #2. You think Cincy would lose to Ohio State or Bama?

Do you seriously think Cincy would beat Bama? My guess is no. So why are they so high despite just beating an unranked Navy by 1 TD?

Advertisement
I wouldn’t worry too much. If UGA beats Bama in the SEC final, Bama is likely out of the playoff. If Bama wins, they deserve to be in.

Every team in the top 10 would beat #2 Cincinnati. Yet they are #2. You think Cincy would lose to Ohio State or Bama?

Do you seriously think Cincy would beat Bama?
I don't know about all that. Other than bama, I give cincy a decent shot against any of these teams.

12753864.png

Advertisement
I don't know about all that. Other than bama, I give cincy a decent shot against any of these teams.

View attachment 158939

Bro. You can't seriously believe a G5 that just squeaked by Navy would be competitive against Michigan, Ohio State, or Oklahoma. They are a nice story but they are 54th in the country in talent. Fickell is a **** of a coach but they beat an overrated ND (which nearly lost to FSU, one of the epically awful fsu teams ever) . That's the big win that has everyone crowning them.

Advertisement
Bro. You can't seriously believe a G5 that just squeaked by Navy would be competitive against Michigan, Ohio State, or Oklahoma. They are a nice story but they are 54th in the country in talent. Fickell is a **** of a coach but they beat an overrated ND (which nearly lost to FSU, one of the epically awful fsu teams ever) . That's the big win that has everyone crowning them.
You say they squeaked by navy, but all those other teams have either "squeaked by" lesser teams or straight up lost. Iowa lost to purdue by two touchdowns at home. Bama lost to A&M, Ole miss barely beat arkansas and tennessee. Ohio state lost to oregon, oregon lost to stanford, and barely squeaked by far less talented teams because it's college football, and it happens. They may be 54th in talent but they're well coached and play to their fullest potential I mean did you watch them play a far more talented georgia team last year?

We as miami fans should understand better than anyone that talent only gets you so far. I'm not saying they'll win it all, but they aren't scrubs and deserve a spot in the top 10 as much as anyone.

Edit: As an example, here's oklahoma on the year against less talented, unranked squads.

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 3.44.40 PM.png

Do you seriously think Cincy would beat Bama? My guess is no. So why are they so high despite just beating an unranked Navy by 1 TD?
Cincy can absolutely beat the teams not name Bama or UGA. If you’re basing this all on one game for Cincy, then idk what to tell. Seems like all the top teams have one week where they look bad even in a win. Their game this week doesn’t change my mind about the

Advertisement
You say they squeaked by navy, but all those other teams have either "squeaked by" lesser teams or straight up lost. Iowa lost to purdue by two touchdowns at home. Bama lost to A&M, Ole miss barely beat arkansas and tennessee. Ohio state lost to oregon, oregon lost to stanford, and barely squeaked by far less talented teams because it's college football, and it happens. They may be 54th in talent but they're well coached and play to their fullest potential I mean did you watch them play a far more talented georgia team last year?

We as miami fans should understand better than anyone that talent only gets you so far. I'm not saying they'll win it all, but they aren't scrubs and deserve a spot in the top 10 as much as anyone.

Edit: As an example, here's oklahoma on the year against less talented, unranked squads.

View attachment 158943
Agreed. I don’t think they could beat UGA, Bama, or Ohio State but could hang with the rest and win a close game on any given Saturday.

Talent rankings are meaningless. Are we now ranking teams based on past recruiting rankings?

I don’t subscribe to the ridiculous idea that a team with 0 losses should always be ranked above a team with a loss. It’s not logical because strength of schedule is different, and not all wins are equally strong. If we just did number of wins everyone is incentivized to schedule a bunch of crap opponents, which is already too big a problem.

And let’s be real, which team that’s ranked below Bama would you feel comfortable putting your money on in a head to head game on a nuetral field?

But you prove his point. You are literally calling Bama a top 2 team in your response, yet you are mad some AP journalists consider it the #3 team??? Remember rankings are not some award, and are not based on “deserving it”, rankings are supposed to be the honest opinion of how strong sports journalists see a team.

Advertisement
Back