AP Poll

Advertisement
Ok Fine Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
My point being, now that they are top 15; that loss is no longer considered a bad loss. It’s a monopoly bro.

It's kind of a self fulfilling prophecy. Bama can't possibly have a bad loss- if a team beats them it means that team must have been one of the better teams in the country even if their ranking at the time didn't reflect that. TAMU lost to Mike Leach, whose Mississippi St team has 1/10 their talent.

Still this should be an eye opener for Mario Cristobal. His 1 loss Oregon team is #7. The way I project the remainder of the season, they won't make the playoffs. In most years, a 1 loss Pac12 team is going to be ranked below 1 loss teams in the other P5 conferences (east coast bias is real) . He has zero margin for error at Oregon.

Last edited:
I mean they lost by a last-second field goal to a Texas A&M team that seem to be back on a roll; the Aggies #6 to start season before a couple of hiccups. Let's not act like Bama got rolled up by some clown team.

Oklahoma looked pretty suspect all season—West Virginia, Nebraska, Kansas State, Texas and Kansas.

Anyone really believe that Alabama wouldn't roll Oklahoma by three touchdowns if they played next weekend?

Advertisement
I mean they lost by a last-second field goal to a Texas A&M team that seem to be back on a roll; the Aggies #6 to start season before a couple of hiccups. Let's not act like Bama got rolled up by some clown team.

Oklahoma looked pretty suspect all season—West Virginia, Nebraska, Kansas State, Texas and Kansas.

Anyone really believe that Alabama wouldn't roll Oklahoma by three touchdowns if they played next weekend?

They lost to a team that was unranked at the time. Doesn't matter if TAMU had a slow start and is rolling now. Oklahoma, Michigan St, and Michigan are all undefeated and should be ranked ahead of a 1 loss SEC team. If they aren't, there is no point in being an any conference besides the SEC (which is exactly what the ncaa and ESPN want cfb fans to believe). Now when it comes to the bcs standings, I have less of a problem with taking into consideration that TAMU has turned out better than their record suggested. But for the AP Poll, losses should count for something.

Hate to say it but Bama is probably the only team that can beat UGA.

The Gaytors won’t beat UGA this weekend. Would be a monumental upset.

Hate to say it but Bama is probably the only team that can beat UGA.

The Gaytors won’t beat UGA this weekend. Would be a monumental upset.

Kirby Smart is still the UGA coach so at some point UGA will find a way to beat UGA. Agreed though- I can see another UGA - Bama title game and UGA falling short again (which I would support even it means another title for Bama). I'm rooting for Cincinnati even though they have no chance at winning the title. In order of preference (from the top 10)

Oregon
Cincy
Ole Miss
Michigan St
Iowa
Oklahoma
Meechigan
Bama
UGA
Ohio State

How do you have it

Last edited:
Advertisement
They lost to a team that was unranked at the time. Doesn't matter if TAMU had a slow start and is rolling now. Oklahoma, Michigan St, and Michigan are all undefeated and should be ranked ahead of a 1 loss SEC team. If they aren't, there is no point in being an any conference besides the SEC (which is exactly what the ncaa and ESPN want cfb fans to believe). Now when it comes to the bcs standings, I have less of a problem with taking into consideration that TAMU has turned out better than their record suggested. But for the AP Poll, losses should count for something.
And Cincinnati at #2 is only to have a ‘feel good story’ to write and talk about. Fickel‘s team is good, but would be rolled by Ohio State and Alabama, maybe others.

Expand the CFP to give automatic bids to each P5 conference winner. Then use whatever means to select the remaining field, including deserving G5 teams.

Advertisement
Kirby Smart is still the UGA coach so at some point UGA will find a way to beat UGA. Agreed though- I can see another UGA - Bama title game and UGA falling short again (which I would support even it means another title for Bama). I'm rooting for Cincinnati even though they have no chance at winning the title.
Worst case scenario. UGA and Bama win out, Bama beats UGA in $ECCG, both make the CFP at 12-1.

Advertisement
Back