AP 2022 MBB Pre-season Top 25

We played the entire season last year with really our bench players becoming starters. The only true starter we lost was fab white. We bring back the starting point guard, get the all American shooting guard back from injury and all conference wing from injury as well. Added a 5 star power forward and a top ranked wing with our bench coming back
Should be a fun year for the Cougs. Fun team to watch, shooting woes at the worst possible time, but man they played hard, physical d. I wanted no part of that team last year.

Advertisement
Should be a fun year for the Cougs. Fun team to watch, shooting woes at the worst possible time, but man they played hard, physical d. I wanted no part of that team last year.
Couldn’t shoot a lick with that group. The two guys we got back shoot north of 35% from 3 and they’ve been working hard with other guys to develop. I think houston, baylor and tcu have big time years

Advertisement
Miami remains unranked and slots in at 29th. Houston looks like #1 early to my untrained eye. Chance to see what we are about with matchups against Providence, UCF, and Rutgers coming up

This is going to be a fun team to watch.... give them a couple of games to settle in...
Hard to gauge what this team will be after the first 2 games but biggest concern I have is how well we will fare vs teams with size. We’ve got fairly good size on the perimeter but inside worries me. I like Norchad but at 6’7” he may be limited on the boards and in the post.

Hard to gauge what this team will be after the first 2 games but biggest concern I have is how well we will fare vs teams with size. We’ve got fairly good size on the perimeter but inside worries me. I like Norchad but at 6’7” he may be limited on the boards and in the post.
I agree...but he is strong as an ox and has unreal bounce. But I do worry about him getting some dumb fouls. So we need the young guys to get going by conference play to at least spell these guys for 8-12 minutes a game.

Advertisement
I agree...but he is strong as an ox and has unreal bounce. But I do worry about him getting some dumb fouls. So we need the young guys to get going by conference play to at least spell these guys for 8-12 minutes a game.
Omier's foul trouble is a concern. L needs to start working Casey and Aire into the lineup, even if it's just mop up duty. We need those guys to get their feet wet because they're are only depth with size, and we are very likely to need them at some point.

I am not sayin he has the same skills yet, but Charles Barkley was 6'6" and Dennis Rodman was 6'7".

Miami remains unranked and slots in at 29th. Houston looks like #1 early to my untrained eye. Chance to see what we are about with matchups against Providence, UCF, and Rutgers coming up

plus Maryland or St Louis on Sunday

Advertisement
I am not sayin he has the same skills yet, but Charles Barkley was 6'6" and Dennis Rodman was 6'7".
Different game from 20+ years ago. Barkley and Rodman were great but no telling how they'd matchup in college against taller players who are just as athletic, if not more. Again, I like Norchad. He's got the potential to put up the best numbers we've seen from a 4 or 5 since Larranaga has been at Miami. I just worry how he'll fare against teams with size. He's definitely going to have to watch his fouls and be more disciplined with his aggressiveness.

Different game from 20+ years ago. Barkley and Rodman were great but no telling how they'd matchup in college against taller players who are just as athletic, if not more. Again, I like Norchad. He's got the potential to put up the best numbers we've seen from a 4 or 5 since Larranaga has been at Miami. I just worry how he'll fare against teams with size. He's definitely going to have to watch his fouls and be more disciplined with his aggressiveness.
There MAY be 2 other players in the conference who are just as athletic AND thick as Norchad and 6’10 or better.

Barkley and Rodman would still be dominant forces in todays college game.

Advertisement
Back