AP 2022 MBB Pre-season Top 25

I think what people are skeptical about is the bench production. Last year they were nonexistent and it cost Miami a few games. I'd assume Omier plays the 5 and Walker plays the 4 or vice versa. If the bench could be productive this is a top 10-15 team no doubt.
I think the guard who didn’t play last season (I always forget his name) should be ready to go and can provide a scoring boost off the bench

Advertisement
I think the guard who didn’t play last season (I always forget his name) should be ready to go and can provide a scoring boost off the bench
Beverly. I'm excited to see AJ Casey the true freshman from Chicago. Wish I got to see him play in high school more...I only saw him as a freshman when they played my alma mater in the playoffs.

Casey has some big time game.. interested to see what L does with him
Think him, Poplar, Joseph, Aire will be the main guys off the bench to start. I don't know anything about Watson and I feel L will bring Beverly back slow and increase his load as the season goes on.

What's nice is we have a lot of size. Only 3 guys 6" 4 or smaller.

Think him, Poplar, Joseph, Aire will be the main guys off the bench to start. I don't know anything about Watson and I feel L will bring Beverly back slow and increase his load as the season goes on.

What's nice is we have a lot of size. Only 3 guys 6" 4 or smaller.
That’s good.. I love our size. I’m interested to see if we can replicate the same style defensively that we did last year

Advertisement
That’s good.. I love our size. I’m interested to see if we can replicate the same style defensively that we did last year
That tournament was so fun watching the d swarm. I find myself watching highlights often of every game that tournament up until the end of the first half against Kansas lol. I really do think if we were able to hold on against Kansas we would have beat Nova. One of their best players got hurt in the Elite 8 game and they weren't deep to begin with.

That tournament was so fun watching the d swarm. I find myself watching highlights often of every game that tournament up until the end of the first half against Kansas lol. I really do think if we were able to hold on against Kansas we would have beat Nova. One of their best players got hurt in the Elite 8 game and they weren't deep to begin with.
I think we should have beat Kansas. Had some uncharacteristic things happen in that game from Charlie and others, and yeah you’re right nova’s guy got hurt against Houston (who should have beat nova but we couldn’t shoot the 3 ball last year). If we can carry over that defense we’ll be a top tier acc team. That’s how you beat the dukes of the world. Young kids no matter how talented cannot handle pressure

I think we should have beat Kansas. Had some uncharacteristic things happen in that game from Charlie and others, and yeah you’re right nova’s guy got hurt against Houston (who should have beat nova but we couldn’t shoot the 3 ball last year). If we can carry over that defense we’ll be a top tier acc team. That’s how you beat the dukes of the world. Young kids no matter how talented cannot handle pressure
Yea Houston couldn't hit anything that game. We definitely outplayed Kansas that first half and really could have been up double digits.

Advertisement
That’s why Houston will be better. Two best guys who didn’t play last year are guards who shoot over 35% from deep respectively as as well play great defense
I pay close attention to UCLA as well. Think they'll be very good again. They have 2 stud freshmen who will start with Jaquez, Tyger Campbell, and Jaylen Clark.

I think Miami is a top 15 team from day 1. Those two transfers cannot be underestimated with wong coming back. As long as Miller and a few bench guys improve we should be a better team than last year
Andy Katz had a list of top transfers and didn't even have Pack on it. The lack of respect for our bball program is on full notice.

Gonzaga will finish the season as a 1 or 2 seed and get bounced before the final four per usual. Is Houston really going to be that good?
I don't know what they lost, haven't checked but if they got the core of that group back they should be really good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If so they are going to be a legit threat.
We played the entire season last year with really our bench players becoming starters. The only true starter we lost was fab white. We bring back the starting point guard, get the all American shooting guard back from injury and all conference wing from injury as well. Added a 5 star power forward and a top ranked wing with our bench coming back

Supremely talented team, not the biggest of fans of the offense they run. Really holds them back
They underachieved last year for sure. Definitely thought they were a final four team, they would have been if Love didn't get hot at the end of that game for UNC.

Advertisement
Back