18. Va. Tech

19. Kansas State

20. Washington State

21. South Florida

22. Florida

23. TCU

24. Notre Dame

25. Tennessee

Will Miami vs FSU be a battle of the top 10's?

Last edited:
Just to rustle the "One week at a time! Let's worry about Podunk U first!" crowd, I say we're ranked #8 after beating FSU. Probably will enter that week at like #14 .

Just to rustle the "One week at a time! Let's worry about Podunk U first!" crowd, I say we're ranked #8 after beating FSU. Probably will enter that week at like #14 .

Once we hang 50 on ArkSt, we will get that big jump. Same situation as last year when we went from 25 to 15 after shytting on AppState.

Advertisement
Games that realistically could result in a rise this weekend assuming a win for the good guys-

1) If Pitt beats Penn State, PSU could drop behind us.
2) Clemson crushing Auburn could drop Auburn behind us.
3) Ohio State crushing Oklahoma could drop Okla behind us.
4) Notre Dame beating Georgia would drop Georgia behind us.
5) USC beating Stanford probably drops Stanford behind us.

Not likely all scenarios occur, so we probably don't climb more than two spots in the polls going into FSU.

Games that realistically could result in a rise this weekend assuming a win for the good guys-

Not likely all scenarios occur, so we probably don't climb more than two spots in the polls going into FSU.

Spot on as those were the games I had an eye on too. Kendall Boy Cane does have a point though- sometimes you get a big unexplained boost (especially heading into a natl tv game) after destroying an overly respected lower tier program but I'm still leaning toward thinking we're around #14 headed into Tally.

Advertisement
How UF is still ranked ahead of Notre Dame, TCU, UCLA, and West Virginia is unfathomable

How much more of a dumpster fire do they need to be before they get kicked out of the top 25?

Spot on as those were the games I had an eye on too. Kendall Boy Cane does have a point though- sometimes you get a big unexplained boost (especially heading into a natl tv game) after destroying an overly respected lower tier program but I'm still leaning toward thinking we're around [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=14]#14 [/URL] headed into Tally.

Yeah those are the definitely the games to watch, especially with us sitting at 16th. #13 Auburn, #14 Stanford & #15 Georgia are all underdogs on the road too. So being us being ranked 13th, going into next week, is very realistic.

Advertisement
I won't make a habit of rooting for Kirby Smart but I will be actively rooting for Georgia to wind decisively.

Maybe it was a typo or a pun ("wind"), but ND losing to Georgia does not help Miami, since UGA doesn't play Miami, but the Domers do. UGA looks to have a good record in the SEC East (Shark Screwer, Flattop Jones and Muschump come to mind) and ND beating them, then mimicking a Gerry Faust-coached team against the 'Canes helps Miami for Bowl/CFP consideration.

Advertisement
Both Tennessee and Florida should be nowhere near a top 50 list, let alone being in the top 25

I won't make a habit of rooting for Kirby Smart but I will be actively rooting for Georgia to wind decisively.

On the heels of rooting for FSU to get a win over an SEC team for the sake of a higher strength of schedule and record when we play them, how in the world can this be your position now, when the circumstances are mirrored?

You should want our rival to win, because they are on our schedule, so they are ranked higher when we play, so that the SEC looks worse for bowl game consideration etc etc etc... do I have that about right?

Advertisement
Back