AP #16, Coaches #17

Advertisement
I won't make a habit of rooting for Kirby Smart but I will be actively rooting for Georgia to wind decisively.

Maybe it was a typo or a pun ("wind"), but ND losing to Georgia does not help Miami, since UGA doesn't play Miami, but the Domers do. UGA looks to have a good record in the SEC East (Shark Screwer, Flattop Jones and Muschump come to mind) and ND beating them, then mimicking a Gerry Faust-coached team against the 'Canes helps Miami for Bowl/CFP consideration.

LOL, you are rooting for our rival you ND cuck??? Since when did we have so many Notre Dame fans on this board? Disgusting.

Games that realistically could result in a rise this weekend assuming a win for the good guys-

1) If Pitt beats Penn State, PSU could drop behind us.
2) Clemson crushing Auburn could drop Auburn behind us.
3) Ohio State crushing Oklahoma could drop Okla behind us.
4) Notre Dame beating Georgia would drop Georgia behind us.
5) USC beating Stanford probably drops Stanford behind us.

Not likely all scenarios occur, so we probably don't climb more than two spots in the polls going into FSU.

Spot on as those were the games I had an eye on too. Kendall Boy Cane does have a point though- sometimes you get a big unexplained boost (especially heading into a natl tv game) after destroying an overly respected lower tier program but I'm still leaning toward thinking we're around #14 headed into Tally.

Disagree purely because FSU could be 9 and we could be 10 with a "top ten matchup primetime"....that's it.....

Advertisement
I won't make a habit of rooting for Kirby Smart but I will be actively rooting for Georgia to wind decisively.

On the heels of rooting for FSU to get a win over an SEC team for the sake of a higher strength of schedule and record when we play them, how in the world can this be your position now, when the circumstances are mirrored?

You should want our rival to win, because they are on our schedule, so they are ranked higher when we play, so that the SEC looks worse for bowl game consideration etc etc etc... do I have that about right?
You do. You have it perfectly correct. And, it may not seem rational, I get that too. The only reason that team has it's own network is because they said Cleveland Gary fumbled. It's the only way they win the National Championship. We were robbed. I just can't forgive it. No other team gets to share the hate I have for that team. (I sat next to Brent Musberger, in the media center at the Brickyard 400 a few years back, and ... I was almost still angry enough to yell at him)

It'll be pretty sweet when we knock FSU out of the rankings next Saturday AND climb into the top 12

Advertisement
Just to rustle the "One week at a time! Let's worry about Podunk U first!" crowd, I say we're ranked #8 after beating FSU. Probably will enter that week at like #14 .

Once we hang 50 on ArkSt, we will get that big jump. Same situation as last year when we went from 25 to 15 after shytting on AppState.

I think voters will wait until after we beat fsu, they've been burned too many times.

How on earth is Florida still ranked?

$EC

how else will they claim that Alabama and all these SEC teams played SO many ranked opponents. they have to keep the bottom dwellers like florida ranked so they can pad the strength of schedule for the other teams

On the heels of rooting for FSU to get a win over an SEC team for the sake of a higher strength of schedule and record when we play them, how in the world can this be your position now, when the circumstances are mirrored?

You should want our rival to win, because they are on our schedule, so they are ranked higher when we play, so that the SEC looks worse for bowl game consideration etc etc etc... do I have that about right?
You do. You have it perfectly correct. And, it may not seem rational, I get that too. The only reason that team has it's own network is because they said Cleveland Gary fumbled. It's the only way they win the National Championship. We were robbed. I just can't forgive it. No other team gets to share the hate I have for that team. (I sat next to Brent Musberger, in the media center at the Brickyard 400 a few years back, and ... I was almost still angry enough to yell at him)

You're not a real canes fan you cuck, unless you root for the teams I want you to root for...got it??

LOL
[MENTION=8866]hughhoney[/MENTION] can't get over the fact his noles got beat. He's still carrying a torch for them, or should I say flaming spear.

Advertisement
LOL
[MENTION=8866]hughhoney[/MENTION] can't get over the fact his noles got beat. He's still carrying a torch for them, or should I say flaming spear.

Hey maybe someday you'll be right about Brad Kaaya. Get off my **** dude. It's ok to be wrong about ****, you don't have to follow someone around for the next year and troll them. You lost, move on.

Advertisement
Back