Anyone watching the IMG v Bishop Sycamore (OH) game?

Insane no one could look that up. Like if you start an online school and you see a bunch of D-1 kids transfer there you know whats up and the squad will likely be decent. Like 247 has just about every **** kid who plays ball on it yet couldnt find the kids on this school's roster? ESPN FFS has its own recruiting service but couldn't look it up? come on.

I will say not being a part of the Ohio High School Sports Assoc. isn;t that big of a deal. Pretty sure IMG is not part of the Florida High school Sports Assoc. as they classify as an "independent" hence getting to go around the country and play kids all over the place. They basically bought their way out of being governed by the FHSAA, sure they can't even win a State Championship but who cares when you are regularly televised by ESPN and have over half your roster go d1 every year.
IMG does have a FHSAA football program that competes at the 3A level. Their "National" team obviously has to play as an independent. That's why scheduling for them is very tricky. They have to build a schedule around teams that can/will play them and you end up playing a bunch of other "shady" independent programs. Some of them are football powerhouses but a lot of them look like that Ohio team they played this weekend.

Advertisement
IMG does have a FHSAA football program that competes at the 3A level. Their "National" team obviously has to play as an independent. That's why scheduling for them is very tricky. They have to build a schedule around teams that can/will play them and you end up playing a bunch of other "shady" independent programs. Some of them are football powerhouses but a lot of them look like that Ohio team they played this weekend.

You are correct. I was referring to the national team. No one really cares about their varsity team.

Advertisement
I watched a fair bit, kept looking for our targets, but didn't see them in on any action. IMG steamrolled them so badly that everything was super vanilla. I couldn't believe they left their starters in for so long. The QB and RBs were able to pad their stats for the entire season on that one game.

We're all criticizing ESPN, rightfully so. But IMG deserves to be called out too. Who the **** in their ADs office scheduled that game?

IMG has a hard time finding teams that will play them, so I guess they are just happy when they can get an opponent. This may force them to take a closer look at proposed opponents’ rosters before agreeing to schedule a game.

Advertisement
STA usually doesnt play spring games.

I remember back to when i was in high school they always just did intrasquad scrimmage
I was under the impression that they play an infra-squad scrimmage because they can’t find anyone to play them in a spring game, but you are probably right. They have over 100 players on the roster and they can see more players when they have an intra-squad scrimmage.

Advertisement
I was under the impression that they play an infra-squad scrimmage because they can’t find anyone to play them in a spring game, but you are probably right. They have over 100 players on the roster and they can see more players when they have an intra-squad scrimmage.
Yea they always have done the scrimmages. They are deep.

IMG has 4 friggin teams, the national and 3 other varsity teams. So they could just play themselves all season long, lol. ... Seriously, who wants to deal with them? I could see the best catholic schools wanting to take a crack, maybe a private like AH. But there's not a lot of upside, and a fair bit of downside. If I'm a competitive program, I wouldn't want to give them a spotlight to then go in and steal my players.

Kinda ****** the coach did that and got his players thrashed, but I'm sure he's also being creative for the exposure.

But LOL at ESPN getting duped like that.

Advertisement
This is the funniest shït I have ever seen since that kid, I think he was in Nevada held the fake commitment ceremony. Good thing no one got seriously hurt. 😂

Advertisement
Back