Anyone watching the IMG v Bishop Sycamore (OH) game?

grover

Senior
Premium
IMG steamrolling BS right now. Haven't seen anything from Wilson or Skinner yet.

Advertisement
This game should never have been played.It’s like a varsity playing an 8th grade team.
This is the type of game that gets kids hurt.

it’s nice that the BS coach didn’t want a running clock but he should have it running and at double time.
The commentators were also saying that BS's coach told ESPN that he had multiple D1 players and players with various offers but they weren't able to confirm majority of it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
So nobody in the billion dollar company ESPN could do simple research on that school? Literally we all could look online and see the kids on the roster snd their offers but they couldn't?
The announcers kept saying that they looked everywhere they could to confirm the info for the game but they couldn't find anything. Every time they mentioned the coach and school itself they mentioned it's a relatively new online-only school and there wasn't much info on the school as a whole. They're also not a part of the Ohio High School Sports Association. With all of that it's insane ESPN still allowed it to happen and on their main channel.

Advertisement
So nobody in the billion dollar company ESPN could do simple research on that school? Literally we all could look online and see the kids on the roster snd their offers but they couldn't?
With the best part of that being that ESPN themselves also have a ranking system that ranks HS kids lol. They literally could have used their own databases to figure this information out lol

I watched about 15 minutes of the first quarter (real time) and was left hoping nobody on that Ohio team was going to die. It’s not just that IMG is a loaded program with national recruits, it’s also that Bishop Sycamore is trash. They looked like a middle school team. They would get rolled by pretty much any public school team in Dade or Broward. They lied about their program just so ESPN would nationally broadcast them getting sodomized. It could have been 80-0 if IMG didn’t take it easy. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that some BS “charter school” made up a bunch of lies and intentionally put their players in danger to try to collect a check.

The announcers kept saying that they looked everywhere they could to confirm the info for the game but they couldn't find anything. Every time they mentioned the coach and school itself they mentioned it's a relatively new online-only school and there wasn't much info on the school as a whole. They're also not a part of the Ohio High School Sports Association. With all of that it's insane ESPN still allowed it to happen and on their main channel.
Insane no one could look that up. Like if you start an online school and you see a bunch of D-1 kids transfer there you know whats up and the squad will likely be decent. Like 247 has just about every **** kid who plays ball on it yet couldnt find the kids on this school's roster? ESPN FFS has its own recruiting service but couldn't look it up? come on.

I will say not being a part of the Ohio High School Sports Assoc. isn;t that big of a deal. Pretty sure IMG is not part of the Florida High school Sports Assoc. as they classify as an "independent" hence getting to go around the country and play kids all over the place. They basically bought their way out of being governed by the FHSAA, sure they can't even win a State Championship but who cares when you are regularly televised by ESPN and have over half your roster go d1 every year.

I was wondering who the **** Bishop Sycamore was because I’ve never heard of them so it makes so much more sense that it’s a sham school.

Advertisement
Back