Off-Topic Anyone into sports trading cards??

Hufftwoseven

Y’all know Cribby got caught with the ratchet
My dad recently dug out the old box of mostly nfl cards, nothing crazy. Best card is 8 graded rookie Marino (~$100) and a bunch of other dolphins cards. It really has me itching at buying some boxes and packs of NFL cards.

Do you guys collect?

Advertisement
Lost ALL interest after I found out that my mom had mistakenly o_Othrown out my extensive collection of baseball, football cards while I was in the service years ago:cry:

Lost ALL interest after I found out that my mom had mistakenly o_Othrown out my extensive collection of baseball, football cards while I was in the service years ago:cry:
Wow man that’s just tragic ☠️

I plan on getting some rookie QB’s cards to hold onto in case they become HOF’s then probably just get my favorite players PSA 10 and call it a day, nothing insane.

A9C5EB96-C47C-490B-961B-1F7611AFDD59.jpeg

Stocking up on Greg cards 🙌🏼

Advertisement
Most of mine were stolen but I had Fleer, Donruss, Upper Deckers, Topps...you name it

Advertisement
I’m honestly wondering why that’s not a 9.

Are there surface issues? Because the centering is definitely good enough for a 9 and the corners look sharp.

@Hufftwoseven

Last edited:

Are there surface issues? Because the centering is definitely good enough for a 9 and the corners look sharp.

@Hufftwoseven
Yeah tbh I’m not sure. I’d have to take a close look at the surface but first glance I don’t see anything

Advertisement

@Hufftwoseven
Top Right and Top Left look like it has some slightly sawft corners would be my guess. If you had it regraded, maybe some nicer bloke at PSA gives you a 9, idk.

Top Right and Top Left look like it has some slightly sawft corners would be my guess. If you had it regraded, maybe some nicer bloke at PSA gives you a 9, idk.
You can do that with Beckett graded cards, they are harsher grades. Sent a few 9.5's from Beckett and got PSA 10's out of them.

Advertisement
If you are getting back into cards, only buy boxes with guaranteed auto's in them. That would be my strategy.
I don’t even think it’s worth buying boxes if you’re hunting for specific teams (like me dolphins) would much rather play eBay to get what I want than gamble with a box. But obviously if you’re just collecting in general boxes for sure

Advertisement
Back