Anyone holding Blake and Jenn accountable..

gacaneaddict

Junior
?

Football last 2 years:

7-6
6-7

Basketball last 2 years:

14-18(5-13)
14-13(6-11)

Baseball:

41-20
4-3

losing 5 out 6 games to Gators last 2 years. Not making it out of regional last year.

This years WBB team is 13-14 after high season expectations.

Just atrocious job by the athletic department.

Advertisement
?

Football last 2 years:

7-6
6-7

Basketball last 2 years:

14-18(5-13)
14-13(6-11)

Baseball:

41-20
4-3

losing 5 out 6 games to Gators last 2 years. Not making it out of regional last year.

Yes! Look for the lunch truck driving around the campus with the kinkos sign attached.

?

Football last 2 years:

7-6
6-7

Basketball last 2 years:

14-18(5-13)
14-13(6-11)

Baseball:

41-20
4-3

Blake James and Strawley should have been fired a while ago. Both are not qualified for their positions at UM.

Advertisement
Football last 2 years:

7-6
6-7

[I've updated an older post since this season is complete]

The following is an analysis of the Blake James era as it pertains to actual on the field performance from our football team. Although Blake James was appointed as interim athletic director in October, 2012, he wasn’t officially named athletic director until February, 2013.

I will not hold the results of the interim period against him, although they would further tarnish his tenure (we went 3-4 after he was appointed interim AD). Discounting the interim period, we’re left with seven full seasons to evaluate his performance.

An Analysis of the results of 91 Games between 2013-2019

Since 2013, we’ve played 91 football games. During that span, we’ve had three head coaches: (1) Al Golden, (2) Mark Richt and (3) Manny Diaz.

The results of those 91 football games have been pretty “consistent”…

Total Games Played: 91

Overall Record: 55-36 (60%)

Average Overall Record 7.9 – 5.1

Total Conference Games Played: 56

Overall Conference Record: 33-23 (59%)

Average Overall Conference Record: 4.7 - 3.3

Average Finish/Place in the Coastal: 3.2

No matter who we play, we’ve lost ~ 41% of our games. We’ve consistently finished in the middle of the Coastal Division and this division features a subpar group of teams. I examined those 36 losses and I came up with the following:

• 21 (58.3%) were to teams who finished the season unranked.
  • 9 (25.0%) were to teams who finished the season ranked in the top 10.
  • Our average margin of loss was 13.9 PPG.
  • 21 (58.3%) were lost by at least 10 points.
As logic dictates, the better the opponent, the more difficult it is to win. I understand it is difficult to beat top 10 opponents, I can easily discount those 9 losses (this doesn’t mean I find it acceptable to lose those games). With that said, I would like to focus on these 21 losses to unranked teams because that is the point of this analysis.

A competent coach is able to put their players in the best position to succeed. A competent coach is able to limit mistakes. A competent coach is able to out coach inferior coaches and inferior teams. A competent coach is able to perform better in those 15 games. We haven’t had a competent coach during this era. We haven’t had a competent coach in a long time.

At the very least, we should be able to bring in a competent coach. At the very least, a competent coach should be able to win 70% of those 21 games. If we won 15 of those 21 games, we’re looking at an overall record of 70-21 (76.9%). Obviously, a competent coach gives us a better chance to win games against ranked opponents, but that isn’t the point. I am simply pointing out that we’re consistently losing to subpar teams and it is easy to see how we arrived here.

Advertisement
Jesus, man.

This board is so effing tired.

WTF do you expect the BOT to do at this point in time? If they were gonna fire Blake or Strawley, they would have done so after FB season.
We're going to finish out the BB season about where we were projected preseason. It ain't great, but given the injuries, it's about as good as we could hope for this year. We're set up for a better run next year.
We just started baseball season and despite a crappy weekend, we're likely going to host and should contend for Omaha.

The BOT isn't going to kick Blake/Strawley out the door right now. Just take a breather till the middle of baseball season, at least...though more than likely you'll need to wait till FB season to see any major discussion/action.

Last edited:
[I've updated an older post since this season is complete]

The following is an analysis of the Blake James era as it pertains to actual on the field performance from our football team. Although Blake James was appointed as interim athletic director in October, 2012, he wasn’t officially named athletic director until February, 2013.

I will not hold the results of the interim period against him, although they would further tarnish his tenure (we went 3-4 after he was appointed interim AD). Discounting the interim period, we’re left with seven full seasons to evaluate his performance.

An Analysis of the results of 91 Games between 2013-2019

Since 2013, we’ve played 91 football games. During that span, we’ve had three head coaches: (1) Al Golden, (2) Mark Richt and (3) Manny Diaz.

The results of those 91 football games have been pretty “consistent”…

Total Games Played: 91

Overall Record: 55-36 (60%)

Average Overall Record 7.9 – 5.1

Total Conference Games Played: 56

Overall Conference Record: 33-23 (59%)

Average Overall Conference Record: 4.7 - 3.3

Average Finish/Place in the Coastal: 3.2

No matter who we play, we’ve lost ~ 41% of our games. We’ve consistently finished in the middle of the Coastal Division and this division features a subpar group of teams. I examined those 36 losses and I came up with the following:

• 21 (58.3%) were to teams who finished the season unranked.
  • 9 (25.0%) were to teams who finished the season ranked in the top 10.
  • Our average margin of loss was 13.9 PPG.
  • 21 (58.3%) were lost by at least 10 points.
As logic dictates, the better the opponent, the more difficult it is to win. I understand it is difficult to beat top 10 opponents, I can easily discount those 9 losses (this doesn’t mean I find it acceptable to lose those games). With that said, I would like to focus on these 21 losses to unranked teams because that is the point of this analysis.

A competent coach is able to put their players in the best position to succeed. A competent coach is able to limit mistakes. A competent coach is able to out coach inferior coaches and inferior teams. A competent coach is able to perform better in those 15 games. We haven’t had a competent coach during this era. We haven’t had a competent coach in a long time.

At the very least, we should be able to bring in a competent coach. At the very least, a competent coach should be able to win 70% of those 21 games. If we won 15 of those 21 games, we’re looking at an overall record of 70-21 (76.9%). Obviously, a competent coach gives us a better chance to win games against ranked opponents, but that isn’t the point. I am simply pointing out that we’re consistently losing to subpar teams and it is easy to see how we arrived here.

Take the gimme games out of our record and it becomes less than pathetic....

Jennifer Strawley has had nothing to do with this, she is an administrator, but she hasn't hired/fired the coaches, she is not scheduling OOC games, and she is not setting our facilities priorities.

But, hey, never let facts get in the way of the He-Man-Woman-Haters Club.

This is all on Blake.

Advertisement
Blake shoulda forced DiMare to give the bunt sign in the 8th inning of game one.

Advertisement
This *****......I knew I should have tripped her down the Circular Staircase they had at Hecht yrs ago when I had my chance....
ABA_Convention-Article-201905031904.jpg

Jennifer Strawley has had nothing to do with this, she is an administrator, but she hasn't hired/fired the coaches, she is not scheduling OOC games, and she is not setting our facilities priorities.

This is all on Blake.

Regardless of whether she does NOTHING or SOMETHING...It doesn't matter. The whole department needs to go.

This is all on Blake.
Donna isn’t here anymore so the woman blame has to get shifted somewhere.

I tried to hold the Athletic Dept. accountable, but was regrettably killed twice. Let's hope it doesn't happen again.

Advertisement
Back