Anyone holding Blake and Jenn accountable..

Regardless of whether she does NOTHING or SOMETHING...It doesn't matter. The whole department needs to go.

I agree with you.

I just find it ridiculous that some people can find a Hecht phone directory, and then start spinning wild theories about how the highest ranking female has been instrumental in our downfall.

Advertisement
?

Football last 2 years:

7-6
6-7

Basketball last 2 years:

14-18(5-13)
14-13(6-11)

Baseball:

41-20
4-3

losing 5 out 6 games to Gators last 2 years. Not making it out of regional last year.

This years WBB team is 13-14 after high season expectations.

Just atrocious job by the athletic department.
time machine.jpg

Lmao op brought up baseball..after 7 games🤣🤣..basketball I don’t follow but I know there’s been injuries all year..football is the cash cow..but **** there’s so many threads in this

Advertisement
Jennifer is directly involved in the interview and hiring process and it's been confirmed here many times. She absolutely is a problem and needs to go.

Cut the crap. "Directly involved in the interview and hiring process". Yeah, I've met with HR people at every job I've interviewed with, and they weren't the decision makers.

Go back and re-read, ****, even JUST the headline. "Blake and Jenn", as if they are a tag-team, as if they are co-equals. They are not. Her impact is microscopic compared to Blake's impact.

But yet another ridiculous poster somehow treats Jenn Strawley as if she is the central figure in all of this.

Borderline retarded.

And you should be embarrassed to be yet another one of the people who "reads job descriptions" yet has no idea what Jenn Strawley actually does (not much in hiring/firing/scheduling/building facilities) or how much power she actually wields (not much in hiring/firing/scheduling/building facilities).

Oh, but she is on the interview panel.

Cut the crap. "Directly involved in the interview and hiring process". Yeah, I've met with HR people at every job I've interviewed with, and they weren't the decision makers.

Go back and re-read, ****, even JUST the headline. "Blake and Jenn", as if they are a tag-team, as if they are co-equals. They are not. Her impact is microscopic compared to Blake's impact.

But yet another ridiculous poster somehow treats Jenn Strawley as if she is the central figure in all of this.

Borderline retarded.

And you should be embarrassed to be yet another one of the people who "reads job descriptions" yet has no idea what Jenn Strawley actually does (not much in hiring/firing/scheduling/building facilities) or how much power she actually wields (not much in hiring/firing/scheduling/building facilities).

Oh, but she is on the interview panel.
I suggest you utilize the search button and find the numerous articles and interviews, including a video of her describing what she does out of her own mouth; know it all.

I suggest you utilize the search button and find the numerous articles and interviews, including a video of her describing what she does out of her own mouth; know it all.

I have seen the video duke4 speaks of, and whether she has a meaningful role or not, she certainly says that she does. So, I get what TOC is trying to say here, but it's not really fair to criticize a poster for taking her at her word on this subject.

At the end of the day, everyone agrees that the whole department needs to go, and the reason the whole department needs to go has nothing to do with anyone's gender.

Advertisement

Oh my lord, so you take every resume at face value? Give it a rest.

You "utilized the search button" and you "watched a video of Jenn Strawley" (I'll hold off on commenting on that little nugget). As a result of a UM employee giving comments about her own job, you have suddenly concluded that she has impact.

Meanwhile, I don't claim to be a "know it all". But I know people who work at UM, and some who work for the Athletic Department. I am not espousing my own particular opinion, but what I have gathered from those who work directly within the Athletic Department or directly within UM.

And, as Consigliere correctly points out, the entire Athletic Department needs an *****. But that doesn't mean that Jenn Strawley is anywhere near the level of blame that Blake is.

Which is part of the problem. Nobody on this board says anything bad about Brooke Wilson. Because "she's hot". But lots of people target Jenn Strawley because she has more power and "she's not hot". Meanwhile, almost nobody has any idea of whether either one is doing a good job or a bad job.

Where Jenn Strawley fails is that she is not a strong counter-balance to Blake and she has not carved out any area of specialty where she does an excellent job (outside of general administrative excellence).

Jenn Strawley has not taken the lead in pushing for the ACC Network, fund-raising/building any new facilities at UM, working with adidas towards innovative new uniforms or merchandise, scheduling any solid home-and-homes, or identifying any great head coaching candidates.

Most importantly, when you look at her resume, she has not worked in any P5 athletic department. She went to Penn. She worked for the NCAA. She worked at Columbia, then she went back to the NCAA before coming to UM.

Furthermore, she has worked in Enforcement Services (NCAA), Membership Services (NCAA), and Student-Athlete Reinstatement (NCAA). She was a liasion to the NCAA Olympic Sports Committee (i.e, NOT football) and the "working group to review trends in initial eligibility". At Columbia, she handled gender equity and diversity initiatives (though I'm sure that you'll really pump up her oversight of football...AT COLUMBIA). In her SECOND stint with the NCAA, she worked on "academic governance" and "academic policy" while being involved in a "variety of other internal operations".

At UM (and I'll copy and paste so that I don't have to retype everything):

Strawley has served on various committees within the NCAA and the ACC. She currently serves on the ACC Television Committee, the ACC Women’s Basketball foresight committee, the ACC Equity Committee, the ACC Infractions and Sportsmanship Review Committee, the ACC Football Schedulers Group, and the NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Oversight Committee. She also serves on the board of directors for Women’s Leaders in College Sports and the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association.

So, at MOST, she's on the ACC Television Committee ("hey, let's schedule more Thursday night games") and the ACC Football Schedulers Group ("hey, let's schedule more Thursday night games"). She has not been a visionary or a leader on either of these groups. The rest of her ACC/NCAA work at UM has been related to women's sports.

While I could "utilize a search button" to find some self-serving video, I choose to analyze the resume of her entire career, as well as to speak with people who work at UM who can vouch for what she does or does not do. And the reality is that she is a very competent ADMINISTRATOR (but NOT a LEADER), she handles the logistics of athlete admissions, and academics, and initial counters, and Title IX compliance. She sets up meetings, she creates agendas, she communicates.

But some misguided souls on this board would have us believe that THIS PERSON, Jenn Strawley, is some sort of puppet master orchestrating all of our athletic failures. When I am accurately pointing out that she doesn't have nearly the power that some of you fantasize about.

I am in favor of replacing nearly the entire Athletic Department. But let's not mistake "hire better people" for "Jenn Strawley is to blame". She shouldn't have the #2 job and she really isn't doing the #2 job, but that is because of Blake. We already saw Blake weasel out of hiring a highly qualified Football Chief of Staff (Alonzo Highsmith) only to hire a beloved (but first-time administrator) Ed Reed, for whom we had to be assured that he would probably report for work on most days.

So if there is any doubt that Blake prefers to surround himself with administrative weakness, I think we have plenty of evidence.

Though I acknowledge that YOU have a video that you found by utilizing your search button.

Last edited:
I have seen the video duke4 speaks of, and whether she has a meaningful role or not, she certainly says that she does. So, I get what TOC is trying to say here, but it's not really fair to criticize a poster for taking her at her word on this subject.

At the end of the day, everyone agrees that the whole department needs to go, and the reason the whole department needs to go has nothing to do with anyone's gender.

I'm trying to provide context. When the whole "women working in traditional men's sports roles" thing comes up, of course there will be an effort to demonstrate that the role is not merely ceremonial.

And I agree with you that the "whole department needs to go" is not based on gender.

But I'm correctly pointing out that the "Blake and Jenn as co-equals in blame" myth IS based on gender, and not reality.

Nobody mentions a single name beyond Jenn, even though we all agree that the whole department should be fired (well, except for Brooke, obviously).

And I'm not criticizing anyone for watching Jenn's video and "taking her at her word". Instead, I am criticizing the sole reliance on this video, and the unwillingness to look at any other evidence, such as her 20 year resume in collegiate athletics, which does NOT establish anything coming close to her playing a "key role" in identifying/recruiting/hiring coaches such as Mark Richt (and, ****, the guy is a MIAMI ALUM and was unemployed, so nobody should be getting much credit for getting Richt to come to Miami, except maybe Saban/Schnellenberger).

Some people have turned "Jenn Strawley" into the boogeyman of UM Athletics, based on her gender and looks. Maybe some find Blake cuter, but he is the one to blame. He hired, retained, and promoted almost everyone in the Department. The Department that we all believe should be replaced.

Oh my lord, so you take every resume at face value? Give it a rest.

You "utilized the search button" and you "watched a video of Jenn Strawley" (I'll hold off on commenting on that little nugget). As a result of a UM employee giving comments about her own job, you have suddenly concluded that she has impact.

Meanwhile, I don't claim to be a "know it all". But I know people who work at UM, and some who work for the Athletic Department. I am not espousing my own particular opinion, but what I have gathered from those who work directly within the Athletic Department or directly within UM.

And, as Consigliere correctly points out, the entire Athletic Department needs an *****. But that doesn't mean that Jenn Strawley is anywhere near the level of blame that Blake is.

Which is part of the problem. Nobody on this board says anything bad about Brooke Wilson. Because "she's hot". But lots of people target Jenn Strawley because she has more power and "she's not hot". Meanwhile, almost nobody has any idea of whether either one is doing a good job or a bad job.

Where Jenn Strawley fails is that she is not a strong counter-balance to Blake and she has not carved out any area of specialty where she does an excellent job (outside of general administrative excellence).

Jenn Strawley has not taken the lead in pushing for the ACC Network, fund-raising/building any new facilities at UM, working with adidas towards innovative new uniforms or merchandise, scheduling any solid home-and-homes, or identifying any great head coaching candidates.

Most importantly, when you look at her resume, she has not worked in any P5 athletic department. She went to Penn. She worked for the NCAA. She worked at Columbia, then she went back to the NCAA before coming to UM.

Furthermore, she has worked in Enforcement Services (NCAA), Membership Services (NCAA), and Student-Athlete Reinstatement (NCAA). She was a liasion to the NCAA Olympic Sports Committee (i.e, NOT football) and the "working group to review trends in initial eligibility". At Columbia, she handled gender equity and diversity initiatives (though I'm sure that you'll really pump up her oversight of football...AT COLUMBIA). In her SECOND stint with the NCAA, she worked on "academic governance" and "academic policy" while being involved in a "variety of other internal operations".

At UM (and I'll copy and paste so that I don't have to retype everything):

Strawley has served on various committees within the NCAA and the ACC. She currently serves on the ACC Television Committee, the ACC Women’s Basketball foresight committee, the ACC Equity Committee, the ACC Infractions and Sportsmanship Review Committee, the ACC Football Schedulers Group, and the NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Oversight Committee. She also serves on the board of directors for Women’s Leaders in College Sports and the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association.

So, at MOST, she's on the ACC Television Committee ("hey, let's schedule more Thursday night games") and the ACC Football Schedulers Group ("hey, let's schedule more Thursday night games"). She has not been a visionary or a leader on either of these groups. The rest of her ACC/NCAA work at UM has been related to women's sports.

While I could "utilize a search button" to find some self-serving video, I choose to analyze the resume of her entire career, as well as to speak with people who work at UM who can vouch for what she does or does not do. And the reality is that she is a very competent ADMINISTRATOR, she handles the logistics of athlete admissions, and academics, and initial counters, and Title IX compliance. She sets up meetings, she creates agendas, she communicates.

But some misguided souls on this board would have us believe that THIS PERSON, Jenn Strawley, is some sort of puppet master orchestrating all of our athletic failures. When I am accurately pointing out that she doesn't have nearly the power that some of you fantasize about.

I am in favor of replacing nearly the entire Athletic Department. But let's not mistake "hire better people" for "Jenn Strawley is to blame". She shouldn't have the #2 job and she really isn't doing the #2 job, but that is because of Blake. We already saw Blake weasel out of hiring a highly qualified Football Chief of Staff (Alonzo Highsmith) only to hire a beloved (but first-time administrator) Ed Reed, for whom we had to be assured that he would probably report for work on most days.

So if there is any doubt that Blake prefers to surround himself with administrative weakness, I think we have plenty of evidence.

Though I acknowledge that YOU have a video that you found by utilizing your search button.
DIDN'T READ. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Advertisement
If anyone doubts that our actions in protesting the Athletic Department have impact, please note that Blake James no longer lists his e-mail address in the directory, instead he forces his Administrative Assistant to list her e-mail address in the directory.

Blake became AD in 2013, but was an internal promotion. He actually was named Interim Athletic Director in October 2012, and was Senior Associate AD since 2010.

Jenn Strawley was hired in June 2012.

Jason Layton was hired in December 2014. His background is...ticket office.

Craig Anderson was hired in July 2015.

Luis Feigenbaum was hired in August 2018.

Shirelle Jackson was hired in March 2014.

Renae Myles Payne was hired in October 2019.

Carter Toole was hired in November 2016.

Tim Wise was hired in June 2012.

David Wyman is in his 23rd year at UM, and has been recognized by multiple honor societies at UM, including Omicron Delta Kappa and Iron Arrow, the Highest Honor Attainable at UM.

These are all of the people in the "Administration" department with some form of "Athletic Director" in their job titles. The only guy who seems like a "keeper" was hired long before Blake James. Otherwise, Blake has responsibility for all of the other hires.

Advertisement
?

Football last 2 years:

7-6
6-7

Basketball last 2 years:

14-18(5-13)
14-13(6-11)

Baseball:

41-20
4-3

losing 5 out 6 games to Gators last 2 years. Not making it out of regional last year.

This years WBB team is 13-14 after high season expectations.

Just atrocious job by the athletic department.
No need to worry fam. The billboard and banner crew already took care of business. Everything is going to be ok now.

Go Canes!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Back