Anyone hear anything on this?

Advertisement
I like him as a coach but he already makes 3 mill a year. Miami is not going to raise that much if at all
Yes but look at it this way sir, he’s never going to win a title at ISU and that’s the end goal for all coaches. So if we raise him to 3.5 and a chance to win a title! I can’t see why he would pass that up.

Yes but look at it this way sir, he’s never going to win a title at ISU and that’s the end goal for all coaches. So if we raise him to 3.5 and a chance to win a title! I can’t see why he would pass that up.

Or since he just got extended, he likes that he’s not expected to truly compete and has a cushy spot vs a real possibility of failing here and getting fired in 3 years

Advertisement
Wouldn't be shocked if Richt chose to step down—considering how close he was to retiring three years ago. Doesn't look like he's enjoying himself out there—and doesn't appear to want to do what it takes to build a contender in 2018. Nor does he want to be pushed to hire an offensive coordinator—preferring to try and push his personal ways.

As for the money, dude wrote a $1M check to UM for the indoor practice facility—so he's certainly not greed-driven.

Could be a rumor—but certainly isn't super far fetched that Richt would retire at this phase of his career as he didn't get any down time after 15 long years in the SEC. The Miami grind is definitely for a younger up-and-comer, or an older guy with a lot of fire. Richt is neither.

You make a valid point that we snatched him up away from retirement. He wasn't initially looking to continue coaching. The reason he took the Miami job is because he felt he could play for an NC and go back to calling plays. Now that he realizes that he can't win here like he thought and part of that is his failed offense he is back to where he was before he took this job.

He can still leave with some integrity by admitting it wasn't meant to be and walk away with a major accomplishment in getting the IPF off the ground.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not 100% sold Mork was headed into retirement.I think this scenario was part of the scenario that was given to sell the “ mutually “ parting between he and UGA.
UGA was canning him and let him come up with the retirement BS so he could save face.

Then our idiot AD comes along and gives him 4 million a year,says ok to giving his whole family lucrative work,and a chance to call plays to prove UGA wrong without researching why he was “ mutually “ parting from UGA and lo and behold we get stuck with a guy that has only one thing in mind.....proving UGA made a mistake.

Blake got took....we as fans got screwed......the program is suffering.

I’m not 100% sold Mork was headed into retirement.I think this scenario was part of the scenario that was given to sell the “ mutually “ parting between he and UGA.
UGA was canning him and let him come up with the retirement BS so he could save face.

Then our idiot AD comes along and gives him 4 million a year,says ok to giving his whole family lucrative work,and a chance to call plays to prove UGA wrong without researching why he was “ mutually “ parting from UGA and lo and behold we get stuck with a guy that has only one thing in mind.....proving UGA made a mistake.

Blake got took....we as fans got screwed......the program is suffering.
i still hear his squeeky voice saying "at the u we are building champions" ugh

Advertisement

Blake got took....we as fans got screwed......the program is suffering.[/QUOTE)

You can look at it that way, but it's not like he had anything lined up before Blake came calling, and I don't think Richt, after coaching 15 years at a major program would have jumped at any job.

This fell into his lap and he probably felt he still had something to prove so he jumped at it. Most of us in his same spot probably would have too.

The wording of James' statement yesterday that RIcht was with him in fixing the issues suggests to me that Richt is sticking around. If James wanted to fire Richt, RIcht has no reason to renegotiate the buyout that is already in the contract.

C'mon mane, that is just AD speak to keep order with us minions. All is well, and WE are on top of it.

Yea he jumped at it cause his *** had just been fired and we came along and gave him a ton of money and Carte Blance to do what he’d just been canned for,Insert a 20-25 year old offense that was so bad his last job had INSISTED he hire help because it stunk or they’d can him.
AND he could give his kid an apprentice job albeit at 3-400K a year and sneak his wife in at a cool 90K a year.Not a bad gig for somebody that “supposedly” was headed to retirement.
I still think the retirement BS was a rouse for Mork to save face.Something UGA allowed him to say for all of his PAST accomplishments.I think IF a job offer from another P5 school had come along he’d of taken it.We were just the ones that came along First offering him the world.

Advertisement
Back