Anyone hear anything on this?

Yea he jumped at it cause his *** had just been fired and we came along and gave him a ton of money and Carte Blance to do what he’d just been canned for,Insert a 20-25 year old offense that was so bad his last job had INSISTED he hire help because it stunk or they’d can him.
AND he could give his kid an apprentice job albeit at 3-400K a year and sneak his wife in at a cool 90K a year.Not a bad gig for somebody that “supposedly” was headed to retirement.
I still think the retirement BS was a rouse for Mork to save face.Something UGA allowed him to say for all of his PAST accomplishments.I think IF a job offer from another P5 school had come along he’d of taken it.We were just the ones that came along First offering him the world.

I don't disagree that it was a forced "retirement". But I do disagree he would had jumped at whatever offer. There was nothing he could have proved going to lesser program. Coming to UM gave him something to prove to his former bosses. I think one he leaves UM he will retire.

Advertisement
I heard that Richt is reading this thread laughing while thinking about all the money UM owes him.

It's his alma mater and he should feel embarrassed at the current state of the program. The []__[], student athletes and fans deserve better. So, I could see him moving aside for some of his buyout and a role with the program moving forward. He doesn't want to be CEO and anyone with objectivity could see the team needs new leadership. He also looks like he needs a break.

I always thought that was a silly notion but seeing what Herm Edwards did at Arizona State this year gives me some measure of thought that JJ could come back and be successful again.

That said, I'd rather have the next Jimmy Johnson. (which Ive been saying since 2005). :noidea:

JJ's life is too sweet. There's a certain place we all strive to reach before we die and he's there. No coming back to the grind of CFB and I don't blame him.

I don't disagree that it was a forced "retirement". But I do disagree he would had jumped at whatever offer. There was nothing he could have proved going to lesser program. Coming to UM gave him something to prove to his former bosses. I think one he leaves UM he will retire.

If he’s hellbent on runnng his trash offense he will have no choice but to retire.We were the confirmation that showed CFB that Mork was done as a playcaller..NO ONE is ever going to give him a job gain unless there’s an OC attached to him.

Advertisement
tenor.gif
Hay!! Yah!!!

If he’s hellbent on runnng his trash offense he will have no choice but to retire.We were the confirmation that showed CFB that Mork was done as a playcaller..NO ONE is ever going to give him a job gain unless there’s an OC attached to him.
its not about running the offense, its about protecting people he cares about including his son from getting fired.

Advertisement
Hate to be the guy to bring everyone back down to earth but....

Is the Mork stepping down rumor being talked about anywhere else but CIS ?

You’d think that if there was a hint of validity to it that it’d be news somewhere besides hear.I don’t scour other boards so I was just wondering🤷‍♂️

It's obviously personal for you. The game has passed him by no doubt. But I don't have this deep seated animosity like some of you like he personally did something wrong to hurt you. It's kind of tragic what is going on and I feel sorry for him that he is going out like this. He'll be ok though in retirement. He has done well for himself and family and I don't blame him for trying. If anything blame our AD for not doing his due diligence in this hiring.

its not about running the offense, its about protecting people he cares about including his son from getting fired.
Do you think he finally realizes NY by staying around another year and keeping his son as quarterback coach that it is actually hurting his sons future in the football coaching business? At this point if he walks away gracefully with his contacts I still think he can help his son out but if cmr stays another year and we all know how ugly it will get done here, think 2015 on steroids then his son is done in this business and with it any semblance of his dads legacy. Do you agree Ny?

Hate to be the guy to bring everyone back down to earth but....

Is the Mork stepping down rumor being talked about anywhere else but CIS ?

You’d think that if there was a hint of validity to it that it’d be news somewhere besides hear.I don’t scour other boards so I was just wondering🤷‍♂️
They’re talking about it a little on 247

Advertisement
Do you think he finally realizes NY by staying around another year and keeping his son as quarterback coach that it is actually hurting his sons future in the football coaching business? At this point if he walks away gracefully with his contacts I still think he can help his son out but if cmr stays another year and we all know how ugly it will get done here, think 2015 on steroids then his son is done in this business and with it any semblance of his dads legacy. Do you agree Ny?
he doesnt want his son or any others fired. he knows how this business works.

he doesnt want his son or any others fired. he knows how this business works.
So is it of your opinion that he steps down now to avoid them all being fired next year as we all know they will? And by doing that letting everyone else find their own job without the embarrassment of being fired as a staff and labeled a complete failure?

Advertisement
Anyone camped out at the Hecht? Have they called Richt his wife and son to the BOT meeting yet?
Or is everyone on vacation counting this years take from the sheep?

Advertisement
Back