Anyone have the video of the Miami coach going ballastic

That was Telemaque. Rodgers looked bad but reality is that he's never played a meaningful down of safety as far as I know it. It's easy to sit around and rip the guy and it was a really bad play but inexperience can make guys look bad. He looked like he couldn't decide whether to play ball or man or what. Swasey wouldn't rip Rodgers like that because he knows that Rodgers is practically a true freshman in terms of what he's doing out there. Telemaque and Ray Ray are probably the two guys on this team with the greatest overinflated sense of self as best I can gather. Neither is even average as a safety and both think they're stars. Nicolas has been the best safety on this team for awhile.

Advertisement
That was Telemaque. Rodgers looked bad but reality is that he's never played a meaningful down of safety as far as I know it. It's easy to sit around and rip the guy and it was a really bad play but inexperience can make guys look bad. He looked like he couldn't decide whether to play ball or man or what. Swasey wouldn't rip Rodgers like that because he knows that Rodgers is practically a true freshman in terms of what he's doing out there. Telemaque and Ray Ray are probably the two guys on this team with the greatest overinflated sense of self as best I can gather. Neither is even average as a safety and both think they're stars. Nicolas has been the best safety on this team for awhile.

I don't agree that it's easy to rip the guy. Personally, it was very difficult for me to get into such a young guy. But, any person who has ever been on the field at any level can tell you just how shockingly awkward he played that ball. I mentioned hesitation and tentativeness in my original post about it. Again, he was on the short hash and the ball hung. It's pretty wild if you think about it.

As for your statements re: VT and Ray Ray, well, hear hear.

I don't agree that it's easy to rip the guy. Personally, it was very difficult for me to get into such a young guy. But, any person who has ever been on the field at any level can tell you just how shockingly awkward he played that ball. I mentioned hesitation and tentativeness in my original post about it. Again, he was on the short hash and the ball hung. It's pretty wild if you think about it.

As for your statements re: VT and Ray Ray, well, hear hear.

The guy looked horrible. Just saying he's never been there. When he comes back to the sideline, Swasey's not going to do that to him IMO. Telemaque on the other hand has probably ****ed everybody off multiple times by now.

I thought Rogers was sitting on the other side of VT, but I guess you could be right that Swasey was laying into VT about coming out of the game. If that's the case though, the anger should have been directed at Rogers. It's not like VT not being there allowed the play to happen, it's not like Rogers was out of position or got burned or something like that, he was in position to make a good play but just pussied out on that play. Soft reel for sure...

Advertisement
Nobody affiliated with Hurricanes football cares more than Swasey. And he was 100% getting on Telemaque for not being on the field where he belongs.

Is Rodgers on at S b/c he's not fast enough to play CB? I know he was brought in as a CB and looked decent in his HS films, but he's never seemed physical enough to be at S.

I tivo'ed the game...just went back and looked, it was definitely VT. He was getting taped and Swasey was laying into him. I was very happy to see that. That said, Rogers is div 1 football player...he needs to make that play. No excuse, that was a pick and going back the other way for just about any DB in college football.

I tivo'ed the game...just went back and looked, it was definitely VT. He was getting taped and Swasey was laying into him. I was very happy to see that. That said, Rogers is div 1 football player...he needs to make that play. No excuse, that was a pick and going back the other way for just about any DB in college football.

It was one of many "What the **** are you doing?!?!?!?!?" plays on the day.

Advertisement
Spectators never win ball games. Rogers was a spectator on that play. Streeter was a spectator on J12 int in the end zone(1st quarter). Feliciano and Brandon Washington took time off from their busy day to watch a couple of DL blow right past them. Benjamin had the best seat in the house to watch a returnable punt bounce right past him.

I watched the game from my couch and didn't make any plays ,which paradoxically,was the same amount as Lee Chambers.

Spectators never win ball games. Rogers was a spectator on that play. Streeter was a spectator on J12 int in the end zone(1st quarter). Feliciano and Brandon Washington took time off from their busy day to watch a couple of DL blow right past them. Benjamin had the best seat in the house to watch a returnable punt bounce right past him.

I watched the game from my couch and didn't make any plays ,which paradoxically,was the same amount as Lee Chambers.

Disagree with Streeter, he was just coming out of his break and the ball was in the air. He didn't have time to react to the underthrow ball. IF that ball is in the back of the end zone its a TD. Jacory underthrew a few guys on Saturday.

Washington just doesn't have the feet at LT to handle the speed of a guy like Jenkins.

I just can't believe someone who has played football, and DB their entire life couldn't get a finger on that ball. Put that one on the "Soft Tape".

I'm still in disbelief of the way he sort of just floated over there and then tried to go BEHIND the receiver because that's where the trajectory of the ball was taking him. He seriously expected it to fall right in his arms instead of attacking the ball and taking it away.

There is no way that ball should not have been picked. And on the CB (haven't re-watched yet to see who was playing corner), for the love of GOD use leverage and force that receiver inside towards the help!

Advertisement

Disagree with Streeter, he was just coming out of his break and the ball was in the air. He didn't have time to react to the underthrow ball. IF that ball is in the back of the end zone its a TD. Jacory underthrew a few guys on Saturday.

Washington just doesn't have the feet at LT to handle the speed of a guy like Jenkins.

Diego, look at it again. While Streeter doesn't have a chance to catch the underthrown ball, he does have a chance to knock it down, or the very least push the dude in the back and draw a flag(which still would have allowed us to try a FG). He didn't do anything but watch. I like Streeter. Has had a great year. That was not one of his finer moments.

I watched it a few times. I guess we will just disagree on this one, I don't think he had time. Just wish Jacory would have gotten that in the back half of the end zone on that play.

VT for taking himself out of the game. Rodgers goes in and whiffs.

When I saw Swasey going off and it appeared to be directed at VT, the only reason could be because he wasn't in the game and Swasey was saying he should have been in there so he could have made that play (even though he probably would have whiffed too).

I find it hard to believe that anyone willing to create contact would have missed that play. The kid was standing ON the short side hash BEFORE the snap. Manual never really looked anyone off very hard. He then proceeded to hang a cream puff up there for a solid 3 seconds. The ball was caught some yards inside the corner. In college, the hash marks are 60 feet (20 yards) away from the sideline, correct? That means it took Rodgers roughly more 3 seconds AFTER the ball was thrown to make an easy angle of no more than 25 yards to the ball. It's been since Willie Cooper that I see that level of hesitation and tentativeness in a play by a Safety.

It's almost hard to believe what happened there.

I was in shock. When the ball went up and they showed where Rodgers and the CB were I was like, yes INT right here. Then he unexplainably pulled up and let him catch it.

I was in disbelief after the play. Should have been an automatic interception.

Should have at least been easily broken up. At the VERY least.

Advertisement
I watched it a few times. I guess we will just disagree on this one, I don't think he had time. Just wish Jacory would have gotten that in the back half of the end zone on that play.

Well the other problem with the play was that Jacory got hit as he released it and he wasn't able to really complete his throwing motion and follow through. Like I said in an above post I haven't had the chance to re-watch yet but I think that may have played a role in where the ball ended up. No matter - Streeter wasn't open anyway so it would have ended badly.

Just went back and rewatched it. It was a horrible attempt.

I heard VT took himself out because his shoe came off or loose and was getting it retaped.

And how ****ed up is coach Swasey to go off on the dude that wasnt in the game. Its not Telemaque's fault that Randy sucked at recruiting DB's. It's not Telemaque's fault that RayRay Armstrong got suspended again. Its not his fault that Kacy Rodgers sucks.

Rodgers is what he is. We need to recruit better guys at the position and coach them up ASAP. JUCO would be outstanding.

Advertisement
Back