Anyone have an update on Donaldson?

Do you know what issues Donaldson has or are you just speculating? Or is it simply your position that fans can't criticize players without knowing all the facts/issues? If it's the latter, I'd ask if you had all the facts and know all the issues on Rosier before you trashed him earlier in this thread.

As far as our "**** poor nutrition program," you've got @apfenny3 earlier today in the Lingard thread saying, "Kyle Bellamy our nutritionist is great and the training table has everything a top athlete needs. [The athletes are] educated on everything they should and shouldn't be putting in their bodies." Bellamy's in his third season at UM, and I'm going to trust @apfenny3's opinion on the quality of nutritionist Bellamy is.

The anecdotal Cortez Kennedy strawman argument isn't moving me, either. Obviously Cortez Kennedy cared about getting better... because he lost the weight and did get better. And it's great that he and Randy had that bond where Randy could help him out, but Cortez had to actually do the work (and he did). He also happened to play in an era where few, if any, college football programs had nutritionists and dedicated staff to educate them on how to eat. Navaughn has had all of that (and top 75 talent) and has played WAY below expectations (and above weight) the past two seasons.

I don’t know what issues Donaldson has or had, no one knows what issues he has, but what has been constant has been ****** offensive coaching he’s gotten

Nutrition, I meant to say S&C program has been a ****show 2/3 years he’s been here, I don’t know enough about feely to say anything about him

Advertisement
He should redshirt and change his body. It is a health issue.
That red shirt could be used to clean up any emotional, or stress problems he might have in order to get the benefit of the S & C program.
If he gets serious, it will be a comeback of talent not seen around these parts for a **** of a long time.
Good luck to the kid.

Advertisement
Has really slimmed down under Feeley’s training program and diet. Apparently he has been living off tuna (straight out of the can, packed in water (not oil)) and spinach salads, with an occasional egg white omelette as a “treat.” This is a recent pic of him near the breakwater at Haulover. View attachment 117321

Common man ... that’s is the legend himself ... “ The Myth“.. Cuba‘s own Sergio Oliva

Last edited:
I don't see how he contributes this season.He was pushing 400 lbs when healthy and played like crap,now he's coming off an acl which takes great athletes in shape usually a couple years to get back 100% to where they were before,mainly mentally as they need to regain confidence in the knee to cut and put weight/force on it.

Advertisement
He should redshirt and change his body. It is a health issue.

Any insight if the coaches are pushing him to do this? Does he want to do this and put in the work? The talent is there if he can lose 45lbs. Is he mentally there to put the work in a come back strong in 2021

Advertisement
He'll make himself millions of dollars if he redshirts and gets healthy and loses weight. Lorenzo Neal Jr. at Purdue just went through the same issue and sat out last year and returned to school and now has a shot as an early round guy vs maybe a 7th round pick at best.
[/QUOTE

sad thingeven us casual fans can see that...hopefully he continues to tread of recent canes and make the right decision

Advertisement
Has really slimmed down under Feeley’s training program and diet. Apparently he has been living off tuna (straight out of the can, packed in water (not oil)) and spinach salads, with an occasional egg white omelette as a “treat.” This is a recent pic of him near the breakwater at Haulover. View attachment 117321
That must be a new county landfill in the background.

Fat Guy Lifting Weights GIFs | Tenor
Sign her up. Must have a high SPARQ Score.
Anyone want to ride her?

Donaldson is naturally tall and big. You can’t coach that. You look at him standing next to our other OL, and they look like dwarfs next to him. Donaldson has gifts to be the most dominant OL in the ACC, but his gifts have been waisted since his freshman year.

Donaldson’s major problem is he cannot control his diet, and that is not a good trait for an athlete in any sport. Donaldson is overweight and has lacked commitment. His inability to control his weight will mean that instead of being a first round NFL talent, he will be lucky to get drafted or to make a practice squad. There are too many college players out there who are slightly less gifted, but much more devoted to being excellent at what they do. If Donaldson can’t commit himself to get in shape, he doesn’t deserve a shot.

if I were CMD, Coach Feeley or Coach Justice, I would have A strict workout regimen and weigh- ins every week For Donaldson, and if he doesn’t meet his goals, I would punish him or suspend him. It’s for his own good

Advertisement
Back