Anyone have an update on Donaldson?

I don’t know. We’ve had that discussion on here before. There are HIPAA issues, and athlete consent issues.

Total bull****. I know what specific injury every kid at FSU had last year. At Miami, they’re state secrets. Total nonsense.

Either way, who cares? He hurt his foot. Because god forbid anyone knows the true nature of the injury, I’ve been incredibly concerned, just because I know how tricky foot injuries can be. And I’ve asked many times on here for updates on Jordan. To hear he was in a boot 2 weeks ago is about the worst case scenario to me. Got 3 more months to get it right. Let’s hope.

Advertisement
Total bull****. I know what specific injury every kid at FSU had last year. At Miami, they’re state secrets. Total nonsense.

Either way, who cares? He hurt his foot. Because god forbid anyone knows the true nature of the injury, I’ve been incredibly concerned, just because I know how tricky foot injuries can be. And I’ve asked many times on here for updates on Jordan. To hear he was in a boot 2 weeks ago is about the worst case scenario to me. Got 3 more months to get it right. Let’s hope.

Not bullshlt at all. The coaches and/or players may decide not to reveal the extent of an injury, but anyone that works in healthcare will tell you that HIPAA is no joke. You own your medical information and have to waiver it’s public release.

Not bullshlt at all. The coaches and/or players may decide not to reveal the extent of an injury, but anyone that works in healthcare will tell you that HIPAA is no joke. You own your medical information and have to waiver it’s public release.

I never said HIPAA was a joke. I said the way Miami football handles injuries is a joke. Tweed has said on here several times that the school went out of their way to tell people around Lorenzo Lingard to not comment on his injury. What purpose does that serve? The NFL is gonna know every single last detail of every injury you have/had, long before they consider drafting or signing you. We went 6-7 last year, I don’t think our opponents are worried about attacking injured limbs or joints. I could be wrong here, and probably am, but I don’t recall ever seeing a school be this secretive with injuries to athletes. Maybe someone out there is as bad, but this is in no way normal.

I never said HIPAA was a joke. I said the way Miami football handles injuries is a joke. Tweed has said on here several times that the school went out of their way to tell people around Lorenzo Lingard to not comment on his injury. What purpose does that serve? The NFL is gonna know every single last detail of every injury you have/had, long before they consider drafting or signing you. We went 6-7 last year, I don’t think our opponents are worried about attacking injured limbs or joints. I could be wrong here, and probably am, but I don’t recall ever seeing a school be this secretive with injuries to athletes. Maybe someone out there is as bad, but this is in no way normal.

I get that it bothers you, but it makes no difference to me. It does not change how long it takes the student athlete to recover, in fact the only thing it changes is people‘s prurient-like interest in the details of an injury.

I frankly don’t really care. And I don’t see why people get upset that they’re not getting every single detail of an injury. But I guess that’s just me. At the end of the day the player can either play or he can’t. Us knowing makes no difference.

Maybe it’s because of the fact that I feel strongly that healthcare information is something that is easily abused in the healthcare/insurance industry. In any event, it doesn’t bother me because somebody’s healthcare information is their own business, and a willingness to distribute it or not is up to them.

I get that it bothers you, but it makes no difference to me. It does not change how long it takes the student athlete to recover, in fact the only thing it changes is people‘s prurient-like interest in the details of an injury.

I frankly don’t really care. And I don’t see why people get upset that they’re not getting every single detail of an injury. But I guess that’s just me. At the end of the day the player can either play or he can’t. Us knowing makes no difference.

Because it stops all the dumbasses on this board from saying everyone is fine all the time. For the record, I AM NOT saying this was his injury, but if the school announced in December that Jordan had undergone surgery for a Lisfranc injury, we’d all be very apprehensive about sharpie’ing him into all-America lineups. But nobody knows anything, so everyone is excited and projecting numbers and *gasp* gambling, and the dude is walking around in a boot 7 months later. He clearly ain’t fine.

At the end of the day, you’re right. You can play or you can’t. But I guess just the fact that UM is so oddly secretive with this stuff is what makes me shake my head.

Whatever, I hope the kid is 100.0% by camp. We desperately need him, obviously, and this is his money year. I’d have to have him limp through it, for his sake and for the program’s sake.

Advertisement
Because it stops all the dumbasses on this board from saying everyone is fine all the time. For the record, I AM NOT saying this was his injury, but if the school announced in December that Jordan had undergone surgery for a Lisfranc injury, we’d all be very apprehensive about sharpie’ing him into all-America lineups. But nobody knows anything, so everyone is excited and projecting numbers and *gasp* gambling, and the dude is walking around in a boot 7 months later. He clearly ain’t fine.

At the end of the day, you’re right. You can play or you can’t. But I guess just the fact that UM is so oddly secretive with this stuff is what makes me shake my head.

Whatever, I hope the kid is 100.0% by camp. We desperately need him, obviously, and this is his money year. I’d have to have him limp through it, for his sake and for the program’s sake.

Two things.

First of all stopping all the dumbasses on this board from saying stupid shlt should not be a priority or a reason for the disbursement or lack thereof of medical information. Annoying as that may be.

Secondly, and this is without knowing the extent of his injury, if you have a large man like Donaldson, with any kind of a leg injury whether it’s ankle, knee, or foot, by definition alone that’s going be a tough recovery either way. Especially someone that has struggled with his weight. Just common sense tells you that all that extra weight on his joints and lower body is going to make a difference versus someone who puts less of a load on their lower body. Personally, I’m not expecting him, at least not in the early part of the season. But that’s just me.

Two things.

First of all stopping all the dumbasses on this board from saying stupid shlt should not be a priority or a reason for the disbursement or lack thereof of medical information. Annoying as that may be.

Secondly, and this is without knowing the extent of his injury, if you have a large man like Donaldson, with any kind of a leg injury whether it’s ankle, knee, or foot, by definition alone that’s going be a tough recovery either way. Especially someone that has struggled with his weight. Just common sense tells you that all that extra weight on his joints and lower body is going to make a difference versus someone who puts less of a load on their lower body. Personally, I’m not expecting him, at least not in the early part of the season. But that’s just me.

I've literally been talking about Brevin Jordan this entire time lol. I don't give a flying fvck about Donaldson. He has a knee injury. Brevin is the kid we cannot afford to lose. He's the one with the injured foot who is still in a boot as of 2 weeks ago, per a poster earlier in the thread.

Advertisement
I've literally been talking about Brevin Jordan this entire time lol. I don't give a flying fvck about Donaldson. He has a knee injury. Brevin is the kid we cannot afford to lose. He's the one with the injured foot who is still in a boot as of 2 weeks ago, per a poster earlier in the thread.

Yeah I was a little confused when I heard the boot stuff I thought Donaldson had a knee injury not a foot injury. It’s just that the thread is about Donaldson, so I thought they just getting the injuries mixed up. But either way my point stands. You don’t have to agree that’s just the way I feel

Advertisement
tenor1.gif

Advertisement

Foot and lower back injuries literally never go away.

Yeah. The coaches are at the mercy of whatever the player is willing to reveal in a lot of cases. I’m a physical therapist and hipaa is a *****. You’ll lose your license and can never work healthcare again

Advertisement
Back