Anyone else concerned about Ruiz's alleged net worth?

Advertisement
Cigarette boats, spac deals, medicare fraud lawyer, live tweeting offers during a bball game then deleting them. Putting a dollar figure over every kids head on social media.

Its gross and unnecessary. Theres plenty of avenues to promote these deals and ideas in a professional fashion.

Some will embrace the brashness as miami being miami but its sleezy to the general public and invites scrutiny.

Fan base is clearly PTS. We all understand what has happened in the past, but the rules or lack thereof changes everything. You don’t get a 20k watch for Xmas and ask where the $ came from. We should appreciate this guy, while being cynical. Again, in the current ncaa there is no downside here.

I would be more concerned on how this NIL affects team camaraderie and team make-up ( some guys get) some don’t, some get more than others, schools poaching etc. than any Ruiz issues.

Advertisement
You make some good points. I just have one question, what good does it do our program to post this?

Can we at least wait until after NSD to pick holes in our largest booster?
or... we could just not question it and just be thankful we have someone that wants to help rebuild the university

I don’t hate that approach either. But I really don’t see how doing this sort of exercise on a public forum has any benefit whatsoever to the football program
100% agree, thats why I was replying. Never understood why someone would question things like this. ****, the sec has been doing this under the table for decades and nobody bats an eye. When Miami does it though, everyone including their fans question it and turn it negative.

100% agree, thats why I was replying. Never understood why someone would question things like this. ****, the sec has been doing this under the table for decades and nobody bats an eye. When Miami does it though, everyone including their fans question it and turn it negative.
It’s almost like we don’t want nice things once we have them

Advertisement
My main concern is that either he's writing checks he's ultimately unable to cash, which makes the program look terrible at a time when they're trying to be out in the forefront of NIL deals (and which could impact recruiting).

I'm really not trying to be alarmist. It's just something that has stuck with me since reading the article last week. I have trouble seeing how a company that currently generates no revenue can be valued at $35-$50 billion based on the fact that it's merely filing lawsuits to recover Medicare funds that should have been paid by insurers in the past. Those claims may be worth quite a bit, but I don't see how the firm can generate more than the top-grossing firm in the entire world in a mere five years; it just seems completely unrealistic.
His class action against FPL (he won) is going to be worth hundreds of millions if not billions so the MSP Recovery SPAC is going to just be icing on the cake.

Listen to his segment on Joe Rose at 9am this morning. Good guy, good intentions and smart. This is no Nevin Shapiro. Unlike some lawyers he has done a lot of good in the past for the little guy with his class action lawsuits on behalf of the elderly and others.

I absolutely respect Ruiz, both as a person and as an attorney. My concerns have nothing to do with his character, and relate simply to the fact that I'm not sure the huge money being thrown around is real.

He has enough background success to provide the deals he's given so far. This more extends to the claims that he'll be our T. Boone Pickens, which I'm not sure is realistic.

If the SPAC deal actually closes, he should be fine. SEC is currently reviewing the S-1. Again, the patent is unbelievable if it can work for large insurance companies - Humana, Blue Cross, etc. - it will save them hundreds of millions by avoiding double payments, overpayments, etc. Long term, I could care less how it works though - he will monetize it once it closes. Then it is up to the NewCo to generate revenue.

It could also make them liable to pay billions back to Medicare

Advertisement
Listen to his segment on Joe Rose at 9am this morning. Good guy, good intentions and smart. This is no Nevin Shapiro. Unlike some lawyers he has done a lot of good in the past for the little guy with his class action lawsuits on behalf of the elderly and others.

I get the aversion to Ruiz's attention seeking nature. That said, when he does engage with people on twitter or in these spaces he actually does it from a pretty positive perspective.

Hope this dude is legit as he sure loves the spotlight more so on himself than the Athletes and School.

As many already stated, it’s attention not needed. Hoping for the best outcome.

Advertisement
It absolutely stinks - I don't care how downvoted I get.

Everything about the Ruiz's is off.

This is Miami...the City of Miami.

This is a good take to have with anyone that claims to have fallen into some money down here. Ruiz isn't the first or last. I hope he's one of the small percentage of people in Miami with this money readily available. Far too many end up with different phone numbers and you can't find'em with a search party eventually.

Advertisement
Back