Anyone else concerned about Ruiz's alleged net worth?

I don’t trust anyone from Miami…especially anyone talking about money. Scamming is a full on industry down there.

But if the checks don’t bounce, then oh well.

I don’t trust anyone from (whatever city/town) you live in…especially anyone talking about money. Scamming is a full on industry there.

But if the checks don’t bounce, then oh well.

Advertisement
Stop comparing him to Shapiro. Shapiro had zero SEC oversight in what he was doing. No one had a chance of knowing he was involved in a Ponzi scheme until it came crashing down. With Ruiz trying to go public, the SEC is pouring over the companies books to make sure its legit. He wouldn't be going this route if this was all a scam because he would be found out quick.

Why do people keep bringing up the NCAA when NIL is NOT an NCAA issue?

Does anybody around here fūcking listen?

And then the real mentally challenged fūcktards bring up Nevin Shapiro.

That is fūcking stupid as shlt.

Morons.

Hey, welcome to CIS! There are many peculiarities you'll come to know and love as you get better acquainted with us, but let's start with this: we're all f*cking morons. That's right, every last one of us has an IQ of like 63 or less. Hard to believe, but it's true. Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here!

Hey, welcome to CIS! There are many peculiarities you'll come to know and love as you get better acquainted with us, but let's start with this: we're all f*cking morons. That's right, every last one of us has an IQ of like 63 or less. Hard to believe, but it's true. Anyway, hope you enjoy your time here!

I don’t believe that. There’s some smart people that post here, myself excluded.

I’m smart enough to know one thing though, and that is the NCAA has nothing to say or do about NIL deals.

These NIL deals are getting thrown around and players are being paid salaries upfront, and very publicly, throughout the entire SEC and P5 world.

But somehow the morons here make it an NCAA issue.

Advertisement
The people who should be most worried are shareholders of Lionheart. If you think the Pro Forma is weak, dont buy. Even better, short the sh*t out of the new company.

I don’t believe that. There’s some smart people that post here, myself excluded.

I’m smart enough to know one thing though, and that is the NCAA has nothing to say or do about NIL deals.

These NIL deals are getting thrown around and players are being paid salaries upfront, and very publicly, throughout the entire SEC and P5 world.

But somehow the morons here make it an NCAA issue.
there was a story several months ago that said the NCAA was looking into NIL deals at miami and BYU. i understand that wasn't ruiz and nothing might come of it but its obvious the NCAA is going to scrutinize and get some people on NIL. it might be state law but somehow they will find rules being broken. I just don't want to be the ones they nail.

Advertisement
Not Ruiz, the insurers. The basis of the claims are Medicare payments where another insurance provider was the correct payor
Ok. Again, if the deal closes and Ruiz actually monetizes this, not sure why anything matters insofar as the NewCo is involved.

Lets assume the FP&A guys and CFO are off by 66% ( they're all getting canned obv) but lets say they are. Actual revenue comes in a 1B a year. Lets also say he gets a very weak revenue multiple for growth tech, at 5X revenue. He owns 70% of 5B$. Thats 3.5B$. Now say he leaves it all in the company in fairly liquid assets at a conservative 5% per year. The dude is making 175M PER YEAR. Just in interest. forget if the company, a growth tech company, you know actually grows....the dude can **** away 30-50M a year and not blink. Some people **** away alot more. This is a level of money that very few people can even conceptualize

there was a story several months ago that said the NCAA was looking into NIL deals at miami and BYU. i understand that wasn't ruiz and nothing might come of it but its obvious the NCAA is going to scrutinize and get some people on NIL. it might be state law but somehow they will find rules being broken. I just don't want to be the ones they nail.
Please show me one legitimate source where the NCAA themselves announced they were investigating any nil deals. These rumors were put out by Miami haters

How, why, and what?

Explain to me exactly what it is they’re looking at and what violations it is that you think are being broken?

Nobody can answer that, because the NCAA has no purview. Otherwise, they would literally have to go after every school, Miami is doing nothing different.

But again, someone needs to explain to me what it is that they could ding us for that no one else is doing, and doing very publicly.

Advertisement
How, why, and what?

Explain to me exactly what it is they’re looking at and what violations it is that you think are being broken?

Nobody can answer that, because the NCAA has no purview. Otherwise, they would literally have to go after every school, Miami is doing nothing different.

But again, someone needs to explain to me what it is that they could ding us for that no one else is doing, and doing very publicly.
this story says pay to play but doesn't elaborate.

this article says the NCAA is wasting its time. just putting it out there because I can assure you the NCAA will not just let this stuff go without trying to find something wrong.

Advertisement

this article says the NCAA is wasting its time. just putting it out there because I can assure you the NCAA will not just let this stuff go without trying to find something wrong.

This story is a month old

This story is a month old
read my post above where i said there was a story a few months ago (nothing to do with Ruiz). I am just pointing out that this is not going to go unscrutinized. the NCAA is going to do its best to find something wrong with some of these deals. anyway its clear some of you guys aren't worried and there is no risk to the school so I am not going to post any more concerns on the issue.

These articles were rumors. If Emmert was investigating nil deals ESPN would have had it front page news

Advertisement
Back