anyone catch robert burns?

Advertisement
Coach Richt and Brown have evaluated X number of backs all over the nation for years and actually trained and coached several top college backs. Yet Coach Richt's and Jones' evaluation of Burns is a mistake, not a take in the evaluation criteria of those here who have evaluated ZERO backs, trained ZERO and coached ZERO! I'll let my AC guy give me a root canal before I give any credence to those proposing their eval of Burns over Coach Richt's and Brown. If they drop him or keep him I'm trusting their judgement over a poster.

What game did you see him?

What game have u seen him? He's played like 5 games in 2 years.

Talent and injuries are two different things. He has the talent to play here. Let's see him healthy. Maybe him playing limited snaps the last couple years could be a positive for him... He would have taken A LOT of hits the last two years.

Pete no disrespect but nah... id pass... better prospects out there thats not injury prone rns

Gimme another prospect besides McFarland? Don't think Felix is better RB then Burns..

I'm with you on Felix. Nice player but doesn't wow.

Advertisement
I do know Miami current regime doesn't want a back over 6'0"

Interesting. I prefer short, compact backs (5'8 - 5'11). But still, I'm against height guidelines, regardless of position. If a kid has "it," a couple inches either way isn't going to matter. And there are taller RBs who still run low.

Advertisement
Felix = Dex Williams? Both great athletes, neither are true RB's. And felix is going to be playing a lot of QB this year which isn't going to help his development.

Burns has the highest upside of any south Florida RB since Dalvin.

The floor is pretty low too, though. Due to injuries

Understand that Miami won't need a freshman to sniff the field next year. You take McFarland and Burns, and you clap loudly in front of everyone else.

Advertisement
wow, didnt realize this many people were actually asleep on burns.

kid is an elite talent. injuries happen. being injured doesnt necessarily make you "injury prone". sometimes, it just makes you unlucky.

anyone here actually see any of the gulliver game from this past weekend? hear from anyone that was there and actually watched burns?

Advertisement
Well first off everyone giving Walton a pass for our ****ty play calling and offensive line need to do the same for burns. When the kid is healthy and gets blocking hes a beast. Fact is Gulliver isnt that good hence what Pete said. The kid takes a lot of hits.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk

PLEASE! Gulliver has more talent than every single team they play against. That is not an excuse at all.

Well first off everyone giving Walton a pass for our ****ty play calling and offensive line need to do the same for burns. When the kid is healthy and gets blocking hes a beast. Fact is Gulliver isnt that good hence what Pete said. The kid takes a lot of hits.

PLEASE! Gulliver has more talent than every single team they play against. That is not an excuse at all.
Like who? Who on there line is any good then?

Frat, he's going to heel. This is an excellent way to shirt him, let him get healthy again, and stagger our RB classes. From all accounts, it looks like Homer is going to be the next featured back anyways. You keep the stable loaded w talent.

Like who? Who on there line is any good then?

Stop acting like you're at all familiar with the personnel on Gulliver's roster outside of the Miami targets. I'm not gonna pretend I have a rundown of each player on their team. I know they have had multiple all-county players each year. I know they have had multiple D1 prospects each year. I know each of the past 2 years they've had at least 1 OL make an All-County team.

The fact of the matter is Gulliver's competition is mostly very weak. So it's a super lame excuse to make for a RB that is supposed to be elite to say that any lack of success is due to his OL. Elite backs in HS tear **** up with or without a good OL.

I'm on the fence on Burns. Not ready to crown him, def not ready to drop him either. I see flashes of talent from his HS tape.

Advertisement
Back