Anyone catch Corch Hamilton's post-game?

simplycanes

Senior
Premium
Confirming what many of us UM fans have known about him, major corching by Hambo the last minute of that Michigan game.

Advertisement
I caught it. Hamilton looked like he wanted a blow a gasket. Dana shouldn't have kept pushing the issue either.

Dana is thick af btw

1522069103227.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Much ado about nothing. He made the interview very awkward by defending his stupidity (although I too would love to see the final 2 mins of basketball games not be as long as the first half) BUT he never personally attacked or belittled Jacobson- as many other coaches do in similar situations.

The media soooooo wanted to paint it as a male sports figure in power attacking a woman just trying to do her job too- an assertion Jacobson to her credit dismissed almost immediately.

Hamilton is a good dude- despite his current employer. And I actually gained respect for Jacobson for how she handled herself during and after the interview.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He was just grumpy. Big deal. People in the media always try to making themselves out as the victim of something horrific.

Funny how they'll never stand up to Saban when they rightly should though. And verrry few even call him out from the comforts of their studios or social media accounts. But Ol' Lenny here didn't immediately repent for the stupidity of himself and his team in the last 11 secs of that game and he's a colossal misogynistic jerk!

Funny how they'll never stand up to Saban when they rightly should though. And verrry few even call him out from the comforts of their studios or social media accounts. But Ol' Lenny here didn't immediately repent for the stupidity of himself and his team in the last 11 secs of that game and he's a colossal misogynistic jerk!
I was wondering the same thing. In fact, when he acts like a colossal douche, people in the media usually just laugh about it and almost encourage more of it.

I was wondering the same thing. In fact, when he acts like a colossal douche, people in the media usually just laugh about it and almost encourage more of it.

Exactly. I think it's because (on the national level) they know who they're in bed with. The SEC in football gets a pass and the Carolina schools in hoops get a pass. On the local level in Alabamy, the "journalists" are basically just propagandists for Saban.

Advertisement
I met Leonard one time, at the UM-Georgetown game back in early '94 -- at the now demolished Capital Centre in Landover, MD. If you can believe it, in those days, the UM Athletic Dept hosted a "reception" for alumni a couple hours before the game in a party room at the arena.

There were about 10 of us, along with Leonard. Very uncomfortable for all as he clearly did not want to be there. I would imagine a very different experience with Coach L in the same situation (not that it could ever happen today).

BTW, we lost the game, 77-40 (scoring our last bucket to get to 40 points in the last seconds of the game). No one on that UM team averaged over 9 ppg. Starters: Rich, Edwards, Popa, Johnson and Gardner. Hoyas had Othella Harrington and Don Reid up front, both 6'10 around 260.

I met Leonard one time, at the UM-Georgetown game back in early '94 -- at the now demolished Capital Centre in Landover, MD. If you can believe it, in those days, the UM Athletic Dept hosted a "reception" for alumni a couple hours before the game in a party room at the arena.

There were about 10 of us, along with Leonard. Very uncomfortable for all as he clearly did not want to be there. I would imagine a very different experience with Coach L in the same situation (not that it could ever happen today).

BTW, we lost the game, 77-40 (scoring our last bucket to get to 40 points in the last seconds of the game). No one on that UM team averaged over 9 ppg. Starters: Rich, Edwards, Popa, Johnson and Gardner. Hoyas had Othella Harrington and Don Reid up front, both 6'10 around 260.

They were still doing those type of events as recently as Frank Haith. Had a similar experience with him prior to a game at the now BB&T Center. I'd say it's understandable as schmoozing alumni is probably the last thing they want to do on gameday but I think Haith was just focused on hitting up Solid Gold later that night.

I know it's anecdotal but I always had positive experiences with Hamilton and I think he's a solid guy. As far as personality in conjunction with being a good dude, I wish we could have 20 more years of our current coach.

he corched it up BEFORE THE 11 seconds though. It started from about a minute out where he could have started fouling earlier causing one of ones and michigan missing which they eventually started to do. But it was time they allowed 15-20 seconds off the clock before fouling. Add to it fsu offense just was bogged down and he sat there and did nothing. Didnt ring back in the 7-4 dude...NOTHING. They honestly should have beaten michigan

he corched it up BEFORE THE 11 seconds though. It started from about a minute out where he could have started fouling earlier causing one of ones and michigan missing which they eventually started to do. But it was time they allowed 15-20 seconds off the clock before fouling. Add to it fsu offense just was bogged down and he sat there and did nothing. Didnt ring back in the 7-4 dude...NOTHING. They honestly should have beaten michigan

EXACTLY. For the life of me I can't understand how people still continue to ***** up the last minute or so of a game when they are behind. Man if anything, stealing a win from Michigan was a HIGH probability considering they had two guys that were bad FT shooters and they were in a one and one situation. Just pathetic. I know people hate that the end of games last so long, but if that were me, the last minute of that game would've taken an hour.

Advertisement
Ham did the same thing against Louisville in the ACCT. Seemed to give up instead of making them hit FTs. If you are down 4 with 11 seconds left, there is a 99% chance you're going to lose. If you let them run out the clock, there is a 100% chance you are going to lose.

They were still doing those type of events as recently as Frank Haith. Had a similar experience with him prior to a game at the now BB&T Center. I'd say it's understandable as schmoozing alumni is probably the last thing they want to do on gameday but I think Haith was just focused on hitting up Solid Gold later that night.

I know it's anecdotal but I always had positive experiences with Hamilton and I think he's a solid guy. As far as personality in conjunction with being a good dude, I wish we could have 20 more years of our current coach.
I didn't mean at all that I found Leonard unfriendly. Just that he looked like he'd rather be anywhere else. Like ... with his team or assistants maybe?

Agree wholeheartedly that alumni schmoozing probably ranks at the bottom of the barrel for coaches. Somehow, though, even though Coach L probably would've felt the same as LH, I think he might have been a lot better at hiding those feelings. More of a "glad hander."

Back in the mid-80s (maybe the year after our first NC in football), I recall Sam Jankovich flew up to DC and hosted a 5-7pm alumni ****tail party at a downtown bar. That one was well-attended. Interesting how the philosophy on "outreach" changes over the years.

Ham did the same thing against Louisville in the ACCT. Seemed to give up instead of making them hit FTs. If you are down 4 with 11 seconds left, there is a 99% chance you're going to lose. If you let them run out the clock, there is a 100% chance you are going to lose.
Crazy **** happens in basketball. We were down 10 with 42 seconds left against Virginia a few years ago and we won. There's no reason to give up.

Found it:

Last edited:
Advertisement
I didn't mean at all that I found Leonard unfriendly. Just that he looked like he'd rather be anywhere else. Like ... with his team or assistants maybe?

Agree wholeheartedly that alumni schmoozing probably ranks at the bottom of the barrel for coaches. Somehow, though, even though Coach L probably would've felt the same as LH, I think he might have been a lot better at hiding those feelings. More of a "glad hander."

Back in the mid-80s (maybe the year after our first NC in football), I recall Sam Jankovich flew up to DC and hosted a 5-7pm alumni ****tail party at a downtown bar. That one was well-attended. Interesting how the philosophy on "outreach" changes over the years.

The Hurricane Club and/or Alumni Association still do events in NYC and Chicago I believe but I bet it's still less personalized than you remember and just more of a "Give us money" deal. Perhaps it's just a sign of the times or that we were essentially still kind of a fledgling national power in the early to mid 80's or both.

I will say this of Blake though- whenever I've been around him locally down here he's been pretty good in those group type settings. You almost have to cut the conversation off with him to get him to go away.

EXACTLY. For the life of me I can't understand how people still continue to ***** up the last minute or so of a game when they are behind. Man if anything, stealing a win from Michigan was a HIGH probability considering they had two guys that were bad FT shooters and they were in a one and one situation. Just pathetic. I know people hate that the end of games last so long, but if that were me, the last minute of that game would've taken an hour.
Duncan Robinson, the Michigan player with the ball who FSU would've had to foul, is a 90% FT shooter.

NCAA needs to totally revamp how games play out. It's beyond maddening that the last 3 minutes of a game can take as long to play as the whole first half of many games. Make all fouls in last couple minutes be two shots AND possession. That'll fix the endless time outs and fouling where no time comes off the clock.

The Hurricane Club and/or Alumni Association still do events in NYC and Chicago I believe but I bet it's still less personalized than you remember and just more of a "Give us money" deal. Perhaps it's just a sign of the times or that we were essentially still kind of a fledgling national power in the early to mid 80's or both.

I will say this of Blake though- whenever I've been around him locally down here he's been pretty good in those group type settings. You almost have to cut the conversation off with him to get him to go away.

I agree. I think outreach in football was only done in light of winning our first NC. Being new to it and all! And Sam did pitch heavily for donations.

The basketball thing in the mid-90s was very personalized (no asking for $$ either) and I applauded the effort at the time (and made sure I turned up). After one more attempt at that (the next year), it was dropped, at least in DC where we played the Hoyas annually. Another tiny group of alums showing up I think sent the message back to Coral Gables that nobody really cared that much up here.

I will say that when we played GW up here in DC last December, there was a BIG turnout of Canes fans. At least 40% of the Smith Center. A lot of them were friends and family of Chris Lykes but still a turnout that made me proud. Probably as many Canes fans at that game in DC as there would been if it were played at the Watsco.

Duncan Robinson, the Michigan player with the ball who FSU would've had to foul, is a 90% FT shooter.

NCAA needs to totally revamp how games play out. It's beyond maddening that the last 3 minutes of a game can take as long to play as the whole first half of many games. Make all fouls in last couple minutes be two shots AND possession. That'll fix the endless time outs and fouling where no time comes off the clock.
NBA is the same way in a close game...endless fouls trying to squeeze one out. Why should College ball try and change it? Make your freethrows and win.. or don't make em and lose

Advertisement
Back