Anyone catch Corch Hamilton's post-game?

NBA is the same way in a close game...endless fouls trying to squeeze one out. Why should College ball try and change it? Make your freethrows and win.. or don't make em and lose
Well, we watch the game for different reasons then. My backup option would be to cut the TOs available to coaches by at least 50%, probably more. There's already way too many TV timeouts as it is. As for the NBA, for me it might as well not exist.

Advertisement
he corched it up BEFORE THE 11 seconds though. It started from about a minute out where he could have started fouling earlier causing one of ones and michigan missing which they eventually started to do. But it was time they allowed 15-20 seconds off the clock before fouling. Add to it fsu offense just was bogged down and he sat there and did nothing. Didnt ring back in the 7-4 dude...NOTHING. They honestly should have beaten michigan
Right. Michigan got the ball with about 50 seconds left up 3. Fsu waited until 39 seconds left to foul. Shouldn't have been fouling at all imo...

Duncan Robinson, the Michigan player with the ball who FSU would've had to foul, is a 90% FT shooter.

NCAA needs to totally revamp how games play out. It's beyond maddening that the last 3 minutes of a game can take as long to play as the whole first half of many games. Make all fouls in last couple minutes be two shots AND possession. That'll fix the endless time outs and fouling where no time comes off the clock.
I was referencing gogetas comment about fouling earlier in the game and not those last 11 seconds.

Well, we watch the game for different reasons then. My backup option would be to cut the TOs available to coaches by at least 50%, probably more. There's already way too many TV timeouts as it is. As for the NBA, for me it might as well not exist.

I'd rather have hot sand poured into my eyes than watch a Foul-A-Thon during the last few minutes with FULL time outs.

Cut TO's to only 15-30 seconds in the last 5 minutes.

It will put the onus & focus back on the players to perform and make the smart plays....... instead of watching these prima-donna coaches primp and pose, pretending to be strategizing or drawing up plays that they've practiced all year long .

I mean how many times do you have to tell them to foul #32 because he has the lowest percentage, keep the ball out of #5 hands or to play a zone, etc. Don't you think that the players already know who's having a good or bad game? Or who should take the last shot? These long timeouts are probably pushed for by these made for TV coaches just to pose and enhance their reputations.

TO's have some thinking that coaches win games, instead of well coached players

Ham did the same thing against Louisville in the ACCT. Seemed to give up instead of making them hit FTs. If you are down 4 with 11 seconds left, there is a 99% chance you're going to lose. If you let them run out the clock, there is a 100% chance you are going to lose.

Depends on who you are playing. Against us, for instance, you foul with eleven seconds left, and you can be down only 1 or 2 with five seconds left. Foul again , and you get the ball with a last second shot for the win. :)_

Advertisement
Dude is classless. but what do you expect from fswho? true cane fan here. i know there aren't many true canes fans in here. but i am one. and i live rent free in several domes.

Advertisement
Back