Anybody Surprised by FSU's QB Depth (or Lack Thereof)?

Clemson choked big time last year. That bus ride around the stadium before the game is one of the dumber things I've seen. Good thing this one is at FSU.

Advertisement
Yea, they hit it with crab legs all right. :monkey:

crossover22[]_[];1985989 said:
They will be average again next year. They hit the lottery with Winston

That's why college football is cyclical. Look how long it has taken us to replace Dorsey. Florida is having the same problem replacing Tebow.

When FSU signed Winston I told my Nole friends that he would usher in their reign. But when he's gone, they will start the slow and steady decline that we went through. Part of it is losing a quarterback, the other part is losing the hunger and signing entitled ******* players. Both things are in the works for the Noles.

My only hope is that they don't win another title before Winston leaves.

That's why college football is cyclical. Look how long it has taken us to replace Dorsey. Florida is having the same problem replacing Tebow.

When FSU signed Winston I told my Nole friends that he would usher in their reign. But when he's gone, they will start the slow and steady decline that we went through. Part of it is losing a quarterback, the other part is losing the hunger and signing entitled ******* players. Both things are in the works for the Noles.

For whatever reason, they dont look like they did last year. Maybe one game it will come and bite them, but they can out talent anyone on their schedule and be enough to get to the ship. Now if they play Oregon, right now, the ducks run train on the current garbage effort the gnoles are giving. But like our 2002 team, when they turn it on, they are a tough out.

They got kind of lucky vs OK state, with the bad defensive holding call on a 3rd down they didn't convert, Winston scored on the next play, to the fumble by the OK St QB, leading to another FSU TD.

Advertisement

Good point. I'm trying to think of a program that had several consecutive legit QB's. I'm sure I'm missing someone but the only one remotely close and somewhat recent that comes to mind is USC starting with Palmer.

We had a run there for a while, Kelly, Kosar, Testaverde, Walsh, Erickson, Torretta.

crossover22[]_[];1985989 said:
They will be average again next year. They hit the lottery with Winston

Jimbo was doing pretty well for himself and FSU before him, so I don't see it.

Advertisement

Good point. I'm trying to think of a program that had several consecutive legit QB's. I'm sure I'm missing someone but the only one remotely close and somewhat recent that comes to mind is USC starting with Palmer.

At least in college, OU would have to be in the discussion. Our recent opponent in the Cards had a run of QB's as well that may fit the bill. A&M doesn't seem to be missing a beat without Johnny Football. Missouri usually pumps out a good offense. Stanford, Oregon, and those Utah schools. Boise is probably in the conversation as well.

If you're talking Heisman contention one after the other though, that's a tall order.

Advertisement
Back