Any Transfer Update

Advertisement
We didnt have a visit to offer Leonard, didnt want to come on his own dime and lets not forget he transferred from Kent State to Campbell to be closer to home, Wake offered, he drove to campus for a visit and it was done

Advertisement
Who in their right mind would pick USF over us? It's not like he'd get more playing time there. Nothing about USF is more appealing, except being closer to more strip clubs

Advertisement
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 13m
Oklahoma State transfer Kamari Murphy (@Kdot_Murphy21) told ESPN that he will visit Miami this weekend. Has already visited South Florida.

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 9m
Alabama transfer Nick Jacobs told ESPN he plans to choose from Miami and Georgia Tech. Will sit this season.

Read an article in the Palm Beach Post that suggested another possibility for us in our big man search: Brandon Bilbija- 6'10" Canadian center, from Lakeland (Ill.) Community College. It's no secret we need a big and he could be of great use to us because he can play this year and has three years of eligibility remaining. For that reason, he may be a bit more appealing than a guy like kamari murphy or nick jacobs

Anybody know if we are showing any interest in him? Thoughts?

While it would be better to have a big next year, I think a lot of us would rather put trust in someone who has produced at a major D-I school, even if that means sitting out a year, over a JUCO. JUCOs are always crapshoots.

Advertisement
While it would be better to have a big next year, I think a lot of us would rather put trust in someone who has produced at a major D-I school, even if that means sitting out a year, over a JUCO. JUCOs are always crapshoots.

I don't follow, what are the choices here?

Advertisement
Really, really, really want this kid. If nothing else so we can say we won one of these **** recruiting battles....or because his high school team was the Railsplitters, which is awesome.

Or because of this....

• was recruited by UConn, Miami, Missouri, Louisville, Virginia, Virginia Tech, St. Johns, Rutgers, Florida and Florida State out of high school.

Or because of this....

• also played football for two seasons in high school.

Or because of this....

• was ranked as the No. 6 player in the state of New York in 2011 according to HoopScoop.

Or because of this....

• graduated from Lincoln High School in Brooklyn, N.Y. -- the same school that produced Stephon Marbury, Sebastian Telfair and Lance Stephenson.

Last edited:
We are in play for Isaiah Manderson too, kid got released from his LOI to Oregon State, played HS ball in Tampa, knows our staff and is in contact. May be a tough pull as other top programs are looking at him including Indiana

We are in play for Isaiah Manderson too, kid got released from his LOI to Oregon State, played HS ball in Tampa, knows our staff and is in contact. May be a tough pull as other top programs are looking at him including Indiana

Rather have this kid because he can play TODAY.

Advertisement
Back