Any Transfer Update

Consigliere

All-American
I know we're still waiting for Thomas but my gut tells me that he will be irrelevant for this season (I doubt he gets a waiver).

So we go back to a name I originally brought up.

Justin Martin 6'6/6'7 Forward from Xavier. He is eligible NOW and put up solid stats at Xavier. I know he isn't a true PF but he is a quality player.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Martin (who went to Xavier, btw) isn't a name I've heard mentioned with us by anyone other than you.

My bad, he did go to Xavier. I am aware I am the only bringing his name up. It's not like I have a line to the coach, hey coach check this kid out.

Just saying at this point, take the kid and grab another big man.

I would even take a kid that was eligible in the second semester.

Some other kids to look at

Stuart Lagerson

Lamont Prosser

Ben ****inson

Darius Leonard (I know he was mentioned)

Eugene McCrory

Last edited:

Stuart Lagerson

Lamont Prosser

Ben ****inson

Eugene McCrory

None of your guys, other than Leonard, will be eligible this coming year (Prosser would be second semester) and two of them averaged less than two points per game. I'd rather we play small than play a big stiff.

Advertisement
Since we lost out on Thomas and Rhett, anybody know of anyone else we are still targeting? To my knowledge we still have two open scholarships now that Kelly is gone and IMO we are in desperate need of another big

Stuart Lagerson

Lamont Prosser

Ben ****inson

Eugene McCrory

None of your guys, other than Leonard, will be eligible this coming year (Prosser would be second semester) and two of them averaged less than two points per game. I'd rather we play small than play a big stiff.

I thought some of those guys are seniors or are eligible.

Stuart Lagerson

Lamont Prosser

Ben ****inson

Eugene McCrory

I thought some of those guys are seniors or are eligible.

If they are, I couldn't find that information. We're looking at Kamari Murphy, a transfer from Oklahoma State (who would have to sit out) and I think we're still involved with a few other graduate transfer/immediately eligible types, though I couldn't get any more information.

Advertisement
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 1m
Wake Forest, Marquette, Miami, Va. Tech, Ga. Tech, Drexel all in the mix for Campbell transfer Darius Leonard. Eligible this season.

Advertisement
Wake Forest, Marquette, Miami, Va. Tech, Ga. Tech, Drexel all in the mix for Campbell transfer Darius Leonard. Eligible this season.

By the way, Leonard was rumored to be a strong lean to Wake Forest but apparently came out of his visit without committing. As of Monday, one of their blogs also had him down to four teams - Wake, Marquette, Drexel (all already visited) and us. I'm not sure if the Techs are new names coming in or old names that Goodman isn't aware he has dropped.

I don't care that he went to Campbell, I just want this kid on the team.

He has size (6'9 225), put up nice numbers overall (26 MPG, 10 PPG and 5 RPG) and against the two toughest opponents:

NC State 17 Points and 9 Rebounds
Cinn 16 Points and 6 Rebounds

He had pretty darn good performances. This makes too much sense, please get this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMq5T7DqU6c

Last edited:
FWIW, he started at Kent State, which is a solid MAC program. He transferred after an injury, I believe. He wouldn't be a superstar for us but he'd get PT. Of course, that's why there is so much competition for him and anyone else useful.

Advertisement

By the way, Leonard was rumored to be a strong lean to Wake Forest but apparently came out of his visit without committing. As of Monday, one of their blogs also had him down to four teams - Wake, Marquette, Drexel (all already visited) and us. I'm not sure if the Techs are new names coming in or old names that Goodman isn't aware he has dropped.

Update:

Bret Strelow ‏@bretstrelow 21m

Update on Campbell transfer Darius Leonard saying list narrowed to Wake, VT, Miami & Drexel: http://www.fayobserver.com/blogs/sp...cle_7bc16828-e107-11e3-ad69-0017a43b2370.html … pic.twitter.com/t1qrz3e1Kf

FWIW, he started at Kent State, which is a solid MAC program. He transferred after an injury, I believe. He wouldn't be a superstar for us but he'd get PT. Of course, that's why there is so much competition for him and anyone else useful.

I just want eligible big bodies. He looks pretty good out there IMO.

Advertisement
Back