Any news on Jason Marshall. Kid needs to come home and start making money.

NDE

Sophomore
Liberty and I were asking similar questions regarding Marshall. We have one slot at CB to be taken now that the Oregon CB decided to go home. Ivey, Couch and Blades are clearly not the answer. The two freshmen are rookies and will not be ready. Marshall now sees the money Ruiz is rolling out. He has his friends balling out as Freshmen. He knows his spot is waiting and the money will be waiting as well. Any connections to this kid. I am sure that someone is putting the info out to this kid. If he books, I will assume he needs to be here for Spring practice. Help a brother out!

Advertisement
Liberty and I were asking similar questions regarding Marshall. We have one slot at CB to be taken now that the Oregon CB decided to go home. Ivey, Couch and Blades are clearly not the answer. The two freshmen are rookies and will not be ready. Marshall now sees the money Ruiz is rolling out. He has his friends balling out as Freshmen. He knows his spot is waiting and the money will be waiting as well. Any connections to this kid. I am sure that someone is putting the info out to this kid. If he books, I will assume he needs to be here for Spring practice. Help a brother out!
That's a great question but unfortunately I have no inside information for you. I haven't followed him since he signed with uif so I don't know if he played this past year or what his mindset would be. Based on the player I saw while we were recruiting him it would seem like a situation where he could come in and solidify a position of need and help himself in the process. Is Marshall looking or are you just throwing this out there?

No one has given me an answer on this. I’m pretty sure that Corey Raymond is on it for the gaytor. If the kid wants to come home, I’m sure there’s a place for him but staff can’t reach out to a kid not in the portal.

And yes, I’m aware that he has friends on the team and I’d assume they talk. If that was going on people might not post it anyhow. We can only wait and see what happens in general. I have a feeling there are kids who will go in the portal and we’ll be in contention for them.

Disappointed when he sighed with the Gaytors.
Got the measurements, but he’s not all that.
Out of the palmetto boys, we got got the right ones.

He’s got potential, but sure hasn’t lived up to the hype. And hard NO, to get NIL here.
First off, I heard he hates Miami. 2nd, he’s not that good. He can languish in swamp.

Advertisement

He’s got potential, but sure hasn’t lived up to the hype. And hard NO, to get NIL here.
First off, I heard he hates Miami. 2nd, he’s not that good. He can languish in swamp.
Listen... I am also a believer in the theory that he hates Miami.... But you're flat-out lying if you believe "he's not that good". Like stop the bullsh!t. Dude is a beast and he played very well last yr.

Lol bro he’s a freshman and he actually played this past season

Advertisement
If we’re going to “get” a player to transfer for the CB position, I’d prefer Duce Chestnut from Syracuse. That dude is a baller, we offered but I don’t know if it was ever committable.

He doesn’t need the NIL money. Everyone knows he got $200k to sign with UF.
whoa...

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

Advertisement
Advertisement

Why were you disappointed when he didn’t sign at UM if he’s not good. I swear y’all just talk crap about any kid that don’t choose Miami.

Last edited:

Agreed. Prior to his true freshman season, I was 100% expecting him to rewrite draft eligibility regulations and declare after setting a record of INT's as a TF. Really disappointed he won't be the #1 overall pick in next years draft. The guy certainly hasn't lived up to his expectations.

Advertisement
Back