Any news lately on Redwine's move to Safety?

There was positive chatter from coaches early in the Spring with Redwine moving to safety, but haven't heard anything lately.

Any news on if he is continuing to progress? Also any news on how Romeo Finley is doing?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I love the move for him he lacks foot speed to play on the outside at corner.
His success at safety depends on his physicality IMO

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Redwine to safety is going to make the coaches look like geniuses. We all saw it. He's great in press, great in cover, great tackling downhill, but just can't flip the hips and stick stride for stride with the elite WRs. At safety, that's so much less important than his other positive attributes.

My only concern now is CB. The way Diaz talks about that crew, that all the defensive errors in the scrimmage came from the outside, doesn't give me confidence that Jackson is stepping up. Delaney, Dean and Bandy can't get here fast enough.

I think Redwine to safety is going to make the coaches look like geniuses. We all saw it. He's great in press, great in cover, great tackling downhill, but just can't flip the hips and stick stride for stride with the elite WRs. At safety, that's so much less important than his other positive attributes.

My only concern now is CB. The way Diaz talks about that crew, that all the defensive errors in the scrimmage came from the outside, doesn't give me confidence that Jackson is stepping up. Delaney, Dean and Bandy can't get here fast enough.

Idk, remember he had us thinking Corn wasn't what he was looking for in a corner last year

You're making a bunch of sense right now

Advertisement

Idk, remember he had us thinking Corn wasn't what he was looking for in a corner last year

Yup. Its pretty clear Diaz loves these big Corner safety hybrids, corner doesn't fit that mold he was strictly a cover guy. Diaz brought the other side out of him made him more of a complete football player.

Advertisement
Back