Any idea what Malik Rosier is up to...?

Advertisement
And they missed plenty of opportunities too. That FSU team was as talented or more talented than ours, and Malik beat them at their place.

And not only did he do that, he led 2 game-winning drives in that game and then mocked the FSU crowd before slicing their throats finally with the dime to Langham.

That FSU team was complete garbage with Blackmon at QB.
Those last two drives were nice, abused the defense with short quick passes to Herdon and then Rosier made a nice throw to Berrios in the end zone

2nd drive was all Berrios until Malik made a great throw to Langham

Doesn’t excuse Rosier from being terrible that entire game though until the last 5 minutes

Advertisement
He looked different under a different coach. Should have never been coached by Jon. We had the worst QB coaching in all of P5 football - and the most basic offense ever.
Dude looked like a gunslinger against Duke as a freshman slinging dimes all over the place. Then, he morphed into a paralyzed robot under Rick too scared to cut it loose and just play football.

Dude looked like a gunslinger against Duke as a freshman slinging dimes all over the place. Then, he morphed into a paralyzed robot under Rick too scared to cut it loose and just play football.
Easy to look like that for 1 game. He was decent vs Syracuse.

Advertisement
Sorry he was 15-24 for 130 yards wow! We we were winning that gam with you at QB

He was 11-22 against VT and almost cost us that game

Feel better?

Kaaya sucks as well, never led a 2nd half comeback in his life at Miami
Rosier blows, don’t know what you’re defending

Congratulations on using the correct box score numbers this time. Considering we were projected to lose to FSU, VT and ND by most experts, I find it funny that anybody could've won those games for us at QB. Hindsight is 20/20 for sure.

And while I appreciate your confidence in me, I don't think I could make some of these plays.

IMO there was an even bigger morph between his junior and senior years. His improv and mobility is what made him successful, and he was obviously uncomfortable in the pocket and second guessing a lot of throws as a senior. That definitely falls under coaching.

Congratulations on using the correct box score numbers this time. Considering we were projected to lose to FSU, VT and ND by most experts, I find it funny that anybody could've won those games for us at QB. Hindsight is 20/20 for sure.

And while I appreciate your confidence in me, I don't think I could make some of these plays.

We were favorites against VT, FSU

We were I think 3 point underdogs against ND

Don’t know what your infatuation with Rosier,we all appreciate him for making some clutch plays but the guy was a severely limited QB like every QB we had since Berlin, **** Berlin was limited as well

Advertisement
IMO there was an even bigger morph between his junior and senior years. His improv and mobility is what made him successful, and he was obviously uncomfortable in the pocket and second guessing a lot of throws as a senior. That definitely falls under coaching.
Without a doubt. Rick required his QBs to be very robotic, and that was antithetical to Malik's style. He was always more effective with improv. He looked completely shot by the time his senior season rolled around. It's one thing to want your QB to be prepared; it's another to turn him into a robot.

Agreed. I pointed that out to several “lifers” and all of those egg heads tried to convince me that the sample size was too small. Just Dumb.

When the kid could no longer complete a simple deep ball, or a simple throw to the sideline without skipping the pass, that should have told every MIAMI fan just how bad the Richt duo was....

They were awful. They fugged that kid up.

Side note: And this notion that Berrios made him better is comical. It wasn’t like the kid had Clemson’s personnel to throw to, their OL to protect, or Swinney as his HC. Berrios ain’t no Andre Johnson.

Peep - That back of the end zone throw to Berrios at FSU was a GREAT throw. Perfeft placement. Go back and look at that play. The design of the play was horrible. The route running (aside from Berrios) was horrible. Horrible. Morris threw Berrios open. It was the only place he could go, IMO... and he nailed it.

The throw to Berrios vs ND was PERFECT. Berrios made nice catches on both. The ND catch was nicccceeeeeee.

Both of those kids deserved better than Richt & Richt. Real *****. Morris is one of those kids I wanted to see play under a REAL coaching staff.

“Gunslinger”

Advertisement
True. But not typically as QBs in their first game action on the road in an underdog role. Watch the Duke again and pay attention to some of the throws he made under duress. Then, look at the spent robot season senior Malik.

Yep. As a fan - sometimes a little football acumen helps ya see things clearly.

That throw to Berrios was a dime.

Following the theme some of you have discussed regarding his performance differences between his best games/drives during 2017 and before, and as he got worse in 2018, it was strictly coaching and psychological.

Basically in 2018 he was thinking too much, he was pressing, and he completely lost confidence. I saw the same thing with Kayaa as well, as he went through a period of the yips with Rick.

As @The Franchise mentioned, Rosier was best when he wasn’t paralyzed with overthinking plays, went through his one or two quick reads, and then just let it rip with either a run or a quick throw or throw away. That’s when he played his best.

I believe between 2017 and 2018 they tried to “mold him too much“, and he was so overthinking everything that he became a shell of his former self. He just couldn’t let it rip.

That seems to have been an issue with Rick and coaching quarterbacks in his later years. Rick tried too hard to “mold“ quarterbacks. Rather than adapting the playbook and modifying it to mold into the best traits and skills of the quarterback he currently has, not trying to shape the quarterback he wants to build.

He was never going to be an NFL quarterback, or even an All-American or all-conference quarterback. But he could’ve been a lot better than he was the last year if he would not have been so psychologically damaged. I don’t mean permanent psychological damage, I mean sport psychologically damaged where you think too much. Like when I start to shank my drives and then I just keep getting worse and worse. It’s a psychological problem. I’m thinking too much and worrying about ******** up too much. It happens in everything.

Advertisement
Back