Any holding calls on LSU this weekend?

Advertisement
It's mindblowing how the team who led the nation in sacks literally went 8 straight games without an opponent getting called for holding.

Advertisement
Already trying to think of excuses in case it doesnt go your way?

I would not expect anyone outside of Miami’s fan base to know this so I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt. The team (Miami) that led the NCAA in sacks had I think only 3 holding calls the entire year. There was 8 straight games where no hold was called.

If you watched the games you’d know that not only were the calls missed, they were so obvious at times that there could be no other explanation than the refs intentionally missing the calls.

We need to beat them off the edges so badly that they don’t have time to hold. Wait, then we will get a penalty for being offsides, or the kill shot on the QB will get someone ejected.

Advertisement
I would not expect anyone outside of Miami’s fan base to know this so I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt. The team (Miami) that led the NCAA in sacks had I think only 3 holding calls the entire year. There was 8 straight games where no hold was called.

If you watched the games you’d know that not only were the calls missed, they were so obvious at times that there could be no other explanation than the refs intentionally missing the calls.
Kinda like the benefit Bama gets in the SEC... There is some ridiculous bias crap in the officiating world
581fc4f1664da.image.jpg

Trust me we understand. This was in the 4th qtr 2 years ago with a 0-0 ball game and Hurts scored

Last edited:
Kinda like the benefit Bama gets in the SEC... There is some ridiculous bias crap in the officiating world

Just watch the technique of the Clemson OL vs UM compared to vs Bama. Clemson knew that they could hold against Miami but not bama or anyone else for that matter.

Advertisement
Kinda like the benefit Bama gets in the SEC... There is some ridiculous bias crap in the officiating worldView attachment 63105
Trust me we understand. This was in the 4th qtr 2 years ago with a 0-0 ball game and Hurts scored

It’s borderline criminal. We have our same screenshots that I’m sure someone here can post if they have the time. What I don’t get is why the schools don’t file formal and PUBLIC complaints. As the saying goes, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I would be asking for specific referees to be investigated and/or fired if I was the AD. Nothing would happen but they would sure as **** start calling the games better.

Already trying to think of excuses in case it doesnt go your way?

You didn't watch many 'Canes games last season, I take it? That's OK - to be fair, I didn't watch many LSU games.

But to catch you up: there were an outrageous number of snaps spanning multiple games without a single holding penalty against offensive lines we played against. Many, many dozens of blatant missed calls... frankly, with how well and aggressive the defense played, it was unmistakable to anyone who didn't have an active bias against seeing what was obviously there that something was afoot. How does a team that leads the country in sacks go multiple games without a single holding call against an opposing offense, or have so few overall (I forget the number, but believe it was less than 5) over the course of a season? I don't necessarily allege a conspiracy, but I do believe there was clearly less impartiality on the part of the referees with regards to this. Perhaps the brashness of the defense - with the rise of the turnover chain and all that fanfare - had something to do with it. Incidentally, ACC refs were often the worst offenders here (as they have been since we joined the conference). We shall see how things shake out this season.

Last edited:
They still have holding calls? I thought they abolished the penalty last year.

How often do they call a balk in baseball?

Only difference is, holding happens all the time.

Advertisement
Somebody who comes from the state of Louisiana has no business mocking those who lament the breakdown of enforcement of rules, be it penalties in football or the criminal laws. When I think of Louisiana I think of corruption at any and all levels no matter what the context.

That being said, the music and food is great..not a drinker but enjoyed the French Quarter when I was younger.

Advertisement
Back