Any chance Lou Hedley leaves after this year?

Advertisement
Y'all act like this guy is a 21 year old junior that is skipping his senior year, he is definitely gone if he keeps this on, he is having a career year. Almost guaranteed he will hurt his NFL stock if he stays he is playing too well this year

Advertisement
There is a Davis as an owner in the NFL still. Al's son Mark. Being that Al drafted Ray Guy in the first round and Sebastian Janikowski in the first round, the apple may not fall far from the tree. Since Mark goes with the Lloyd Christmas hairdo, he just may draft Lou in the first round.

View attachment 133872

In all fairness, in college, Ray Guy had a 93 yard punt against Ole Miss.

For the record, Madden HATED the Raiders punter in 1972, the year before they drafted Guy. That year, the Raiders punter had a punt that was so horrific that it was played repeatedly on The Tonight Show and Johnny Carson made jokes about it.

Fortunately, the Raiders were loaded at nearly every position, they had Stabler, Banaszak, Biletnikoff, and Branch at the skill positions on offense and 3 HOF'ers on the OL.

Plus, the Raiders were coming off the Immaculate Reception.

The first five seasons that Guy played for the Raiders, they went to the AFC Championship Game every year (and won the Super Bowl once). After Madden left, the Raiders then won 2 more Super Bowls under Flores.

Let's not forget, Ray Guy is the ONLY punter in the NFL HOF. Let's hope that Hedley is the second.

If I recall correctly, he has a family waiting on him. He will go to the NFL if it makes sense.

Don't think playing another year is going to help you develop when you're older like he is. Also, patke is his coach, lmao.

Advertisement
thank you for a big dose of reality, punters leaving early
I want to see where Hedley and Borregales are on Kiper's and McShay's big board position group. They released one back in September and Philips, Roche, Bolden, Hedley, and Borregales were not on it. Curious to see where they fall now.

Advertisement
His thesis on drywall installation variances in intemperate climates will take at least another academic year to complete.

I know he's a punter and they don't go high in drafts but I don't know what a sr season would do to help his draft stock. I would love for him to come back but if he doesn't does it make sense for us to bring in a punter this year? I'd hate to have that position be a liability like it was before Hedley.

actually a good observation and question... hopefully the coaches know his status or a really certain. Don't take a punter from granted... not having a good kicking game was miserable! Having both will help win games.

In all fairness, in college, Ray Guy had a 93 yard punt against Ole Miss.

For the record, Madden HATED the Raiders punter in 1972, the year before they drafted Guy. That year, the Raiders punter had a punt that was so horrific that it was played repeatedly on The Tonight Show and Johnny Carson made jokes about it.

Fortunately, the Raiders were loaded at nearly every position, they had Stabler, Banaszak, Biletnikoff, and Branch at the skill positions on offense and 3 HOF'ers on the OL.

Plus, the Raiders were coming off the Immaculate Reception.

The first five seasons that Guy played for the Raiders, they went to the AFC Championship Game every year (and won the Super Bowl once). After Madden left, the Raiders then won 2 more Super Bowls under Flores.

Let's not forget, Ray Guy is the ONLY punter in the NFL HOF. Let's hope that Hedley is the second.
Old raiders. Can you imagine Jack Tatum playing now...lol. We used to tackle w “the hook” in the neighborhood...lucky we didn’t kill each other. What a team, Jim Otto, Ted Hendricks I think was still going, Cliff Branch, and that’s just a few off the top of my head. That **** fumble still ****es me off 😂.

Advertisement
that mf had a 62 yard punt today and I had a PTSDish flashback to Feagles.
Bruh and in the air for a fair catch.... like thats not some squib drive that landed at 45 yards and bounced another 15, its not just a straight line trajectory that went for 62 and outkicked coverage for a 20 yard return....

This mf-er had a 62 yard punt with like a 29 second hang time where it turned into a fair catch.

Advertisement
Back