Antrel Rolle

Advertisement
Said on a sports radio discussion that kids don't want to come to Miami. Harsh truth?

The kids we are recruiting today know nothing of what it means to be a CANE. When Antrel signed with Miami, we were THE preeminent program in CFB. Everybody acknowledged it, and it was an honor to offered a scholarship to play at 'The U'. Even during probation, you knew the CANES would be back, and the memories of those late 80's-early 90's CANES juggernauts were still fresh in the minds of those young men who had grown up during those times.

That time is long gone. We have been a 7-5 program for more than a decade. Kids today want to play in the SEC, they want to play at Ohio St, they want to play for Clemson. The University of Miami means nothing to this generation. We are a placeholder for local kids who will not hesitate to jump ship once they land the offer they covet. We're plan B or C in many cases. The results speak for themselves.

However, that can change. We saw a glimpse of what could be when we were in the midst of a 17 game winning streak and when we embarrassed ND on that amazing night three years ago. There was a buzz in CFB. The old Starter jackets were starting to glow. Even the SEC homers had to admit that the CANES being back was a frightening possibility. Unfortunately, it was fools gold...and since then we've reverted back to what we've been for the past decade. We can become the hot program again, but it will take IMO three 10 win seasons in a row until we can convince this generation that playing at Miami is just as good or better than playing anywhere else. I have hope. I think we win 9 games this season and hopefully that's enough to entice most of the south Florida studs in the 2021 class to take a chance with Miami.

If you look at the event last night with Reed, Lewis, Wanye, and Irving. Only 1 of the 4 was highly recruited. The one thing they all had combined was amazing coaches. Give me coaching over recruits!

I’ve said it b4; our evals, coaching, and development is what separates us today from yesterday. Agree w u 100%

Advertisement
Said on a sports radio discussion that kids don't want to come to Miami. Harsh truth? Also said he found himself rooting for LSU....now that's actually someone who played here and was an All American.
Who would want to playt for ENOS? No one. In the playoff who was your favorite team?? Of course, just like me, it was LSU.

It's easier said than done for us older folks, but we always have to keep in mind that current HS-aged kids have never witnessed what a winning Miami program looks like. The only association between winning and Miami that they have are stories from their dads and uncles. Literally. So why would a top recruit want to come to Miami right now?

We need to put a better football product on the field before we can expect that to change. Period. Nobody cares about "The U being back" anymore. That ship has sailed. Time for us to build a new one.

False, kids in south florida do not want to come to Miami. But I assure you if Miami recruited in Texas, Cali, NY, Georgia, etc. They would love to come!
I don't want those kids bc Florida kids are way better than kids any place else. The only thing we don't have in Florida are QB'S. You will find one or two kids in different states but lets be real why are all the other colleges coming to Florida instead of looking in there own backyard? Bc THEY KNOW FLORIDA HAS THE TALENT IN EVERY POSITION.

Advertisement
I found myself rooting for LSU too. That offense had such a unique collection of talent we may never see again in CFB.

As for the kids don't want to come to Miami part...is that not a fact at least for the time being? The same could be said about Clemson 15 years ago to a much larger degree and things change.

Said on a sports radio discussion that kids don't want to come to Miami. Harsh truth? Also said he found himself rooting for LSU....now that's actually someone who played here and was an All American.
Your right kids don't want to play here bc the coaching staff doesn't have a clue and kids are seeing it. Just wait after lashee shows the speed and different concepts he can do with this offense they will come. Matter of fact will be looking at players on the roster like wow I didn't know they were that good.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Isn't that kind of obvious by now? He's not exactly going out on a limb by saying "kids don't want to play at Miami" - we are de-commit U

I'm confused something like 58% of our roster are blue chip recruits, granted we're heavier at certain position like WR and RB than say OL and CBs, but to say kids don't want to come to Miami is an exaggeration.

The main issue isn't getting kids here, the issue is keeping them here and developing them once they're here.

Advertisement
Back