Antrel Rolle

I've called out the former players on this for a long time. They are the best source of big cash that our alumni base has. Yet, outside of Edge, The Rock, Irvin, Beason, Searcy, where are the donors? Where is the involvement?

McKinnie may give dollars and he's involved, but I don't know to what extent. Those are literally the only names I can think of immediately.
Why would you give money to Blake James at this point?

Advertisement
Why would you give money to Blake James at this point?
I wouldn't, but that's not even what I'm getting at here. When you write the checks, you have influence over who can be bought and retained. You can pull donations or increase them based on the direction of the program. You can have more analysts, upgrade facilities, and the list goes on. That's power.

We don't have the good fortune of a huge alumni base that can put up massive checks like state schools. We do have the good fortune of having a slew of well-paid former NFL players. Their involvement could help substantially.

I wouldn't, but that's not even what I'm getting at here. When you write the checks, you have influence over who can be bought and retained. You can pull donations or increase them based on the direction of the program. You can have more analysts, upgrade facilities, and the list goes on. That's power.

We don't have the good fortune of a huge alumni base that can put up massive checks like state schools. We do have the good fortune of having a slew of well-paid former NFL players. Their involvement could help substantially.
I’d be amazed if Antrelle is liquid more than 10 million. The only former player with real **** you money is the Rock.

Edit- the real pressure has to and is coming from the mega rich donors

I can’t fathom posters who down vote obvious truths.

I love the canes, but I’m an old dude who has memories of Jerome thru to ST. 18 year old kids weren’t alive when we were on top. Systemic mismanagement has burned all the goodwill and reputation of the U to the ground.

If we win, we can rebuild. Saying obvious fact like most elite kids don’t want to come here is an obvious truth.

People don’t like truth; it takes balls to hear truth, honestly. Ppl like to live in nostalgia and alternate realities.

I live in reality as of 2020, not 2002. Reality is, kids don’t want to come here. The home team love will help w some of this, every program gets a local stud here and there b/c the love of the city is more important, but majority of your blue chips want to go to a school that’s known for winning & that will get you paid at the next level. It is what it is. Right now, we’re not that school, just like SC is not that school. Once upon a time, Bama, LSU, Clemson, UF, OSU weren’t those schools....and that was w The Bags.

We start winning, we start becoming NFLU again, and that all changes, period. For now, we’ll be the school that get a couple of blue chips, couple of fringe 4 stars, and a heap of 3 stars and reaches. It is what it is.

Advertisement
What's Antrel doing about it?

Is he and his ex NFL buddies walking in demanding change? Are they getting a pot of cash together to pay for a big name coach and staff?

Does it help or hurt your brand more. Being a former player bashing your program and promoting another?

Fans will fan but former players. Like Mr former highest paid safety in the league. Should be a big donor. Should be getting together and handling their **** behind closed doors.
Are they allowed to meet recruits during campus visits? Is there nothing else they can do to make Miami a more attractive option? We used to always hear about how former players would go back and work with players until Golden came along and stopped it.

We don't disagree.
1580491189918.gif

Advertisement
Back