Official Antonio Tripp COMMITS

Is the dropping of stars about clicks on site? Or development? I was under impression that with Mario coming to town this obvious bias would change with his track record
It’s his composite. He was a borderline 4 from the jump. Not sure who but 1 of the services dropped him a bit and fell into high 3 star status.

Advertisement
It’s his composite. He was a borderline 4 from the jump. Not sure who but 1 of the services dropped him a bit and fell into high 3 star status.

Yeah, ESPN and 247 have him as a low 4*, while Rivals and On3 have him as a high 3*. I don't think On3 is part of the 247 composite just yet, though. Either way, it's par for the course when a recruit commits to UM that most of the subscription sites thought was going to one of the big subscriber schools (in this case, Pedo State) for them to get a down bump. Just ego stroking for the subscribers.

Personally, this kid is a beast who is showing out at camps and is clearly recruiting heavy for UM. I don't care how many stars are next to his name, I'm thrilled to have him in this class.

Yeah, ESPN and 247 have him as a low 4*, while Rivals and On3 have him as a high 3*. I don't think On3 is part of the 247 composite just yet, though. Either way, it's par for the course when a recruit commits to UM that most of the subscription sites thought was going to one of the big subscriber schools (in this case, Pedo State) for them to get a down bump. Just ego stroking for the subscribers.

Personally, this kid is a beast who is showing out at camps and is clearly recruiting heavy for UM. I don't care how many stars are next to his name, I'm thrilled to have him in this class.
And this is also why it will always be tough for miami to finish with a top 5 class because our committs will always get bumped down.

:100:

As you allude to, I don't think this is "anti-Miami-bias" as much as it was all of the Ped State fans claiming that he was no longer a take for them. Ped State has a huge alum/fan base on Rivals/247, and once the "we cooled on him" myth gets built, the evaluators hear that nonsense too.

If the website evaluators were smart, they would take into account the Cristobal/Mirabal track record on OLs. Oh well.

Advertisement
:100:

As you allude to, I don't think this is "anti-Miami-bias" as much as it was all of the Ped State fans claiming that he was no longer a take for them. Ped State has a huge alum/fan base on Rivals/247, and once the "we cooled on him" myth gets built, the evaluators hear that nonsense too.

If the website evaluators were smart, they would take into account the Cristobal/Mirabal track record on OLs. Oh well.
Kid will be a 4 when it’s all said and done

This!

Rivals did a new ranking that's how I found out about the WR from Orlando alot of the players were in it for fell of course so it made me feel good were trending up fellas lol

Advertisement
And this is also why it will always be tough for miami to finish with a top 5 class because our committs will always get bumped down.
Why haven't we been good though? If the recruiting rankings are wrong surely we would have proved they were wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back