-Said he connected well with the Canes coaches
-Spent time with Jethro, Dorito, Golden, and Barrow
-Based on his size, he can play all 3 LB spots
-Pleasantly surprised by the location of the school
-Said he heard negative things about the area
-Says he didn't see anything negative
-Interested in sports management
-Tyrone Cornelius was his host
-Cornelius told him it's a good time to come in, with veterans leaving and the need for depth
-Didn't bring any family on the trip but said his family would support a potential Miami commitment
-Says his family likes Miami a lot and his HS LB coach is a Miami fan
-Says his LB coach would be proud no matter what but it would be extra special if he ended up at Miami

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/LB-Antonio-Smothers-Gives-Miami-Official-Visit-a-10-135460

Advertisement
Pretty obvious someone was in his and his teammate's ear about Miami being in a ****** location. Suffice to say, that person now looks like an idiot

-He's confident that Miami is very high on his list
-Rated his OV a 10
-Said all his questions were answered
-Said there weren't any flaws with his OV
-Says he wants to get this decision out of the way to know where he is going
-Is visiting Kansas St. in July and should be ready to commit after that
-Said he connected well with the Canes coaches
-Spent time with Jethro, Dorito, Golden, and Barrow
-Based on his size, he can play all 3 LB spots
-Pleasantly surprised by the location of the school
-Interested in sports management
-Tyrone Cornelius was his host
-Cornelius told him it's a good time to come in, with veterans leaving and the need for depth
-Didn't bring any family on the trip but said his family would support a potential Miami commitment
-Says his family likes Miami a lot and his HS LB coach is a Miami fan
-Says his LB coach would be proud no matter what but it would be extra special if he ended up at Miami

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/LB-Antonio-Smothers-Gives-Miami-Official-Visit-a-10-135460

APpreciate the news...keep it coming

Advertisement
I really like how the staff is going after big LB's know. We need LB's that can take on blocks and run like the wind.

Down to Miami, Arizona, and Kansas State. He wants to make a decision before his school starts. He has visited miami and Arizona. Not sure if he visited Kansas state yet.

I feel like I read he was actually down to Miami and KSU and wanted to visited KSU before he made his final decision.

Advertisement
Is this a kid who steps in right away and gets PT or does he need a redshirt?

Gonna be hard to fend off KState. Basically its gonna come down to whether he wants to live in a city area or a college town. I think we are a program on the rise and Kstate could have an off year so it shouldnt come down to "wanting to play for a winning program". Would be a nice exclamation point to the LB class.

Is Terry McCrarys offer dependent on what this kid does or does TM have an offer regardless?

Not that we don't need this kid, but if depth chart is on his mind, then we are definitely trying to catch up. We've got some **** good young LBs.

Advertisement

Makes you wonder if schools out there are low enough to reference the B. Pata situation...to make it seem as if Coral Gables is in the hood or something. That's the only thing negative I could think of becasue Coral Gables is beautiful.

Last edited:
Down to Miami, Arizona, and Kansas State. He wants to make a decision before his school starts. He has visited miami and Arizona. Not sure if he visited Kansas state yet.

OP says he'll be in Manhattan in July. Will make his decision shortly after.

This is the last week of July. He hasn't visited there yet?

Anyway, he needs to go ahead and hop on this Miami train.

Makes you wonder if schools out there are low enough to reference the B. Pata situation...to make it seem as if Coral Gables is in the hood or something. That's the only thing negative I could think of becasue Coral Gables is beautiful.

Chuck Scumato used to show recruits newspaper clippings of Marlin Barnes' murder when he was recruiting for fsu. These scumbags will do anything.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back