Antonio Kinard

Advertisement
His age has no effect on his eligibility.

Here is his tenure

2010 HS Senior (Liberty High School in Youngstown, Ohio) [2010 Class committed to Michigan] *5 to play 4*
2011 Hargrave (Va.) Military Academy [2011 Class committed to Miami] *5 to play 4*
2012 Arizona Western JUCO [No idea if he registered any stats or playing time or redshirtted]
2013 Arizona Western JUCO [Registered Playing time, see below]

So if he played in 2012, he has 3 years to play 2.

If he didn't play in 2012, he has 3 years to play 3.

http://www.accac.org/sports/fball/2013-14/players/antoniokinardgzcl

Physically ready for what though? His JC profile on Scout shows him at 210, and as an OLB. He's not going to play OLB here at 210, coming in as a Junior.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1276218/highlights/96699375?autoplay=1

I'll take the fast JUCO all-american over the slow LBs we have now that fit their height and weight profiles. I hope he commits because it might signify a change in how this defense is run. Perhaps valuing speed and quickness over brute strength a bit more. Our defense isn't very fast. Whether it be the scheme, added weight, or the natural ability of the players, we run like an old school big ten defense.

Hey Im all for help at LB, but what Im saying is, if he's really 210, he's not going to be playing OLB here. He's listed as 6'3 210, we have WRs that are thicker than that. I could see safety at that size, but an OLB here at 210? And with his age, its not like he's raw and can add a ton of weight.

What's your point? Telvin Smith of FSU is 218 and killing it. If this kid can come in and gain 10 lbs if muscle and can step in and contribute right away then I'm all for it.

I'm been hearing about this kid since the Coker days. How the **** is this kid still in JUCO? Give it up already.

Yeah it feels like he's been around forever. Has he been in school this whole time? He must be starting his residency now.

No, no, no. On an extended Mormon mission with Samson D. He's not Mormon but that doesn't matter. Isn't that where Julio deRosier is, too?

Physically ready for what though? His JC profile on Scout shows him at 210, and as an OLB. He's not going to play OLB here at 210, coming in as a Junior.

I'll take the fast JUCO all-american over the slow LBs we have now that fit their height and weight profiles. I hope he commits because it might signify a change in how this defense is run. Perhaps valuing speed and quickness over brute strength a bit more. Our defense isn't very fast. Whether it be the scheme, added weight, or the natural ability of the players, we run like an old school big ten defense.

Hey Im all for help at LB, but what Im saying is, if he's really 210, he's not going to be playing OLB here. He's listed as 6'3 210, we have WRs that are thicker than that. I could see safety at that size, but an OLB here at 210? And with his age, its not like he's raw and can add a ton of weight.

What's your point? Telvin Smith of FSU is 218 and killing it. If this kid can come in and gain 10 lbs if muscle and can step in and contribute right away then I'm all for it.

Agreed. How big was Sean Spence?

I just want explosive players who make plays. They could weigh a henweigh or a metric ton, just make plays.

Advertisement

Absolutely...speed kills. Oh, I love those Mormon linebackers!

He's slight, but speed for days. Moving like a DB out there. Lock him in the weight room, and he'll be a contributor. Just don't turn him into a slug like chick

He's listed as 6'3 210. That's not going to cut it here at LB. I mean he's not a Frosh. If he's coming in to be immediate help at LB, how's he going to do that at 210? Maybe they want him at Safety?

Sean Spence, Jon Beason, Jonathan Vilma, Denzel Perryman and I believe Ray Lewis (who all showed up to UM weighing 210 or less) say hi.

Miami was built on putting athletes that might play Safety at other schools at LB.

IMO knowing the LB position and having great instincts are way more important than 20 more pounds that he will add once he gets here.

Just look at all the UM great LBs I just named who showed up to UM at 210 or less and all left around 230 - 240 except for Vilma and maybe Spence who left around 220-225.

Yes Kinard is older than them coming out, but to completely write him off b/c of 15-20 lbs is plain stupid, especially since he is producing at a high level in JUCO.

He from S.Carolina

416.jpg

Advertisement
He's listed as 6'3 210. That's not going to cut it here at LB. I mean he's not a Frosh. If he's coming in to be immediate help at LB, how's he going to do that at 210? Maybe they want him at Safety?

Sean Spence, Jon Beason, Jonathan Vilma, Denzel Perryman and I believe Ray Lewis (who all showed up to UM weighing 210 or less) say hi.

Miami was built on putting athletes that might play Safety at other schools at LB.

IMO knowing the LB position and having great instincts are way more important than 20 more pounds that he will add once he gets here.

Just look at all the UM great LBs I just named who showed up to UM at 210 or less and all left around 230 - 240 except for Vilma and maybe Spence who left around 220-225.

Yes Kinard is older than them coming out, but to completely write him off b/c of 15-20 lbs is plain stupid, especially since he is producing at a high level in JUCO.

AS FRESHMEN!!! This guy is like 21 years old and has been out of HS 3 years now. When is he going to gain another 10 or 20 pounds of muscle? Im not saying I wouldnt take the guy, am just saying that is VERY slight for a OLB who would come in as a Junior and have to step in right away. If he was a HS kid I would be all for it, but he doesnt have the luxury of spending 2 years getting bigger here. If he can play Safety Im down with it. Just looks too much on the slight build side for OLB here. Again, that's all assuming his numbers are accurate. If the kid is bigger, fine, but 210 for what would be an upperclassmen OLB, that's pretty **** thin.

Dude here's the listed weight of the ALL ACC Team at Linebacker. If you can play, weight is irrelevant.
1st Team
LB - Kelby Brown, Duke, 6-2, 220, Jr.-R, Matthews, N.C. (146)
LB – Denzel Perryman, Miami, 6-0, 236, Jr., Coral Gables, Fla. (124)
LB – Kevin Pierre-Louis, Boston College, 6-1, 215, Sr., Norwalk, Conn. (123)

2nd Team
LB – Telvin Smith, Florida State, 6-3, 218, Sr., Valdosta, Ga. (105)
LB - Jack Tyler, Virginia Tech, 6-1, 236, Sr.-R, Oakton, Va. (93)
LB – Christian Jones, Florida State, 6-4, 232, Sr., Winter Park, Fla. (83)

3rd Team
LB - Steele Divitto, Boston College, 6-3, 238, Sr., Ridgefield, Conn. (78)
LB - Stephone Anthony, Clemson, 6-3, 235, Jr., Polkton, N.C. (73)
LB – Spencer Shuey, Clemson, 6-3, 230, Gr.-R, Charlotte, N.C. (57)

I'm not sure his measurables are accurate. He's been 6-4/215 or 6-3/210 since his Jr yr of high school. I'm not buying it. Plus the fact that he has been out of shape and out of football means he hasn't been in a solid S & C program. Get him here and the staff will put some good weight on him. He won't be playing at 210 lbs.

Advertisement
I'm not sure his measurables are accurate. He's been 6-4/215 or 6-3/210 since his Jr yr of high school. I'm not buying it. Plus the fact that he has been out of shape and out of football means he hasn't been in a solid S & C program. Get him here and the staff will put some good weight on him. He won't be playing at 210 lbs.

Where does it say he was out of football? I thought the above showed he played in 2013 at Arizona Western. People are running around saying he's an JUCO All American. Im hoping those numbers are off, seems weird that the kid would not have put on any size at all since HS.

Where does it say he was out of football? I thought the above showed he played in 2013 at Arizona Western. People are running around saying he's an JUCO All American. Im hoping those numbers are off, seems weird that the kid would not have put on any size at all since HS.

Ofacekilla did the work on it. The 1st pg of this thread has an older thread linked to it. It's at the bottom of that thread where he talks about being out of shape and out of football for a bit. He has definitely missed 1 yr of football and says he was out of shape too. I've cut the end of the conversation and posted it below.

I'm still not buying the fact that he is the same size as he was his Jr yr in HS. He will put on good weight if he comes here. IMO

(Kinard said he worked at the wine store in Columbia, S.C., for “four or five months.”

“I knew for a fact that I would play football again. It took a while, a whole year,” Kinard said. “But I figured I needed money in my pocket. I didn’t want to walk around broke, who wants to walk around with no money in their pocket. I needed a job, got a job. I wasn’t the type that’s going to sit around being lazy at home.”

He tried to stay in shape -- harder than he thought, Kinard said -- and eventually found a place willing to take a chance on him as he works to find his way back to a Division I school, potentially Miami, he said, if it were to work out: Arizona Western.

The time away gave him perspective -- and left him thankful for one more shot.)

Advertisement

He looks pretty **** good here. He's a take IMO.

JUCO LB Antonio Kinard redshirted at Arizona Western in 2012

Kinard may still be considering the Hurricanes - if they'll have him...

Twitter Traffic:
Antonio Kinnard @AntonioKinard
Football is the Motto..*803 is the area code! T.K. is the name. ha yea

Antonio Kinard @AntonioKinard 20m ago
"Mexico was a blast.I got hella free **** and i got hustle to many times.! The Beach was great hopefully next spring break is even better!"

Antonio Kinard @AntonioKinard 18 Mar
"Dream Big"

Antonio Kinard @AntonioKinard 27 Nov
@JimmyOgrady33 "That's was up bruh. I got red-shirted this year. I ain't gone lie I was to weak to play this season. I 21 pounds on sense."
View conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More
@JimmyOgrady33 "how many more years you got left?"
@JimmyOgrady33 "Thinking about heading back to the U. If they have another season like they did this year tho I might reconsider."
@JimmyOgrady33 "I been good man. Tryna make it through this Jucco **** so I can get back D1. How yall season go?"

JUCO LB Antonio Kinnard, shown below as a Hargrave (VA) Military Academy grayshirt, was committed to Michigan coming out of high school in Youngstown, Ohio with the Class of 2010 and to Miami coming out of prep school a year later, but could not qualify at either school in 2010 or 2011. After working in a wine store back in Ohio in the Fall of 2011, Kinnard enrolled at Arizona Western College in January, 2012.
422.jpg

"Antonio Kinard (40: 4.6) has a lot of upside to him. He's already 225 pounds and goes sideline to sideline," Hargrave Head Coach Troy Davis said of the onetime Michigan signee. "He's just a workhorse. He'll go and get after it, he's very competitive." - Rivals

Advertisement
Back