Antonio Kinard

So if I'm reading his tweets correctly he said that:

@JimmyOgrady33 "Thinking about heading back to the U. If they have another season like they did this year tho I might reconsider."

Is he saying we had a bad season? Because if he's thinking about the U and reconsidering if we play like we did that sounds like he thinks we did bad? Don't understand what he's saying here or trying to say I guess....

can anyone clarify?

I think you're right. The "though" in the second sentence reveals that imo.

Advertisement
So if I'm reading his tweets correctly he said that:

@JimmyOgrady33 "Thinking about heading back to the U. If they have another season like they did this year tho I might reconsider."

Is he saying we had a bad season? Because if he's thinking about the U and reconsidering if we play like we did that sounds like he thinks we did bad? Don't understand what he's saying here or trying to say I guess....

can anyone clarify?

I think you're right. The "though" in the second sentence reveals that imo.

That quote was from November 2012. He was referring to the previous season, not this season.

684.gif

but ya cane warrior put the article where the quote came from here yesterday and it was undated

Advertisement
This ^^^^^^ is totally rediculous! Should be removed. Mods do your thing. What the matter with you wth??

Physically ready for what though? His JC profile on Scout shows him at 210, and as an OLB. He's not going to play OLB here at 210, coming in as a Junior.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1276218/highlights/96699375?autoplay=1

I'll take the fast JUCO all-american over the slow LBs we have now that fit their height and weight profiles. I hope he commits because it might signify a change in how this defense is run. Perhaps valuing speed and quickness over brute strength a bit more. Our defense isn't very fast. Whether it be the scheme, added weight, or the natural ability of the players, we run like an old school big ten defense.

Yeah, all the geniuses on here blame Dorito and scheme, when, in fact, there's apparently a lot to be said for the 3-4 (check out Jay Gruden's comments about why he's going to be going with the 3-4 with the Redskins) and one of our problems was lack of outstanding athletes in the back seven. There's a reason our top LB did not project to the first or second round--part of it might be height, but he might be very average in speed.

We'd execute the scheme better if we had more speed in the back seven. We didn't have much this year, and that includes the secondary.

Advertisement
Physically ready for what though? His JC profile on Scout shows him at 210, and as an OLB. He's not going to play OLB here at 210, coming in as a Junior.

I'll take the fast JUCO all-american over the slow LBs we have now that fit their height and weight profiles. I hope he commits because it might signify a change in how this defense is run. Perhaps valuing speed and quickness over brute strength a bit more. Our defense isn't very fast. Whether it be the scheme, added weight, or the natural ability of the players, we run like an old school big ten defense.

Yeah, all the geniuses on here blame Dorito and scheme, when, in fact, there's apparently a lot to be said for the 3-4 (check out Jay Gruden's comments about why he's going to be going with the 3-4 with the Redskins) and one of our problems was lack of outstanding athletes in the back seven. There's a reason our top LB did not project to the first or second round--part of it might be height, but he might be very average in speed.

We'd execute the scheme better if we had more speed in the back seven. We didn't have much this year, and that includes the secondary.

Do you know why they are slow? The staff has made them bulk up and a lot of them have lost speed because of it. One of the players told me he is the slowest he has ever been and it's because there is more emphasis on strength than speed.

One of my worries: they will get Coley bigger and he may lose speed.

Do you know why they are slow? The staff has made them bulk up and a lot of them have lost speed because of it. One of the players told me he is the slowest he has ever been and it's because there is more emphasis on strength than speed.

Yep. Dudes using a cookie cutter approach to putting weight on these kids. Just like the " players not plays" line golden shot out when he was first hired. Him saying some **** about a "baseline" where they make sure a player isn't losing speed/explosiveness has proven to be BS as we'll. Not every kid who is 6'1 above can play at 235+. Perry,an is probably 5'11 on a good day and he looks stiff/non explosive at times playing at around 240

I believe it. We look slow as ****.

Advertisement

I believe it. We look slow as ****.

For all of those who say Dalvin would not get caught from behind on a run that Duke would, just remember, Duke is much bigger than he was his Senior year of high school. He obviously needed to be, and Dalvin would need to get bigger, but the key is knowing the right the maximum size at which speed is not lost.

with all the experts on this board, i am surprised golden got the job. some guys just are better athletes with better genes. hurns, waters, flowers, tracy, kirby,mccord, etc didnt lose explosiveness by putting on muscle.

Dalvin is a speedster but different than duke. he doesnt have his vision and cutting ability.

Advertisement
with all the experts on this board, i am surprised golden got the job. some guys just are better athletes with better genes. hurns, waters, flowers, tracy, kirby,mccord, etc didnt lose explosiveness by putting on muscle.

Dalvin is a speedster but different than duke. he doesnt have his vision and cutting ability.

He can stay healthy. Need duke to do that.

Advertisement
Back