Antione Jackson to UCF

Advertisement
Sometimes this isn’t black and white. It’s a numbers game. Spots are tight. We probably need a spot in the secondary for safety post spring.

Do you just take him because he is begging? What does that say to a Robert Stafford. A guy that came here, stuck with us, is developing and going to compete for a solid role. Now you bring in a kid that signed to come here, said **** you, went elsewhere. Now wants to come back. Not black and white to just say yea come back and compete with stafford for PT.

Would be different if it was a different kid from another school and recruiting history. But this is a kid the staff spent hours working hard to sign. He signed. And before he walked in wanted out.
The only calculation is whether it makes the team better. Nothing else matters.

You can not use "spots are tight" when you're rostering Lou Cristobal, Anthony Campbell, Brian Balom (how he is an unusable player, I just don't know), this cornerback Freeney, this wide receiver Kirk, Zion Nelson that literally hasn't played in 3 years, Michael Redding, Chris Washington...

If you're excuse is "well, they have to go to make room for what we are already bringing in"...then cut more.

One player is usable. High rated prospect. G5 transfer that started as an 18 year old in D1 CFB. I just listed a whole bunch of not usable players.

Make the roster better. I dont care who wants in and what needs to be juggled. This is a results business. Make the roster better.

Antione Jackson makes this roster better.

Figure it out.

Advertisement
You can not use "spots are tight" when you're rostering Lou Cristobal, Anthony Campbell, Brian Balom (how he is an unusable player, I just don't know), this cornerback Freeney, this wide receiver Kirk, Zion Nelson that literally hasn't played in 3 years, Michael Redding, Chris Washington...

If you're excuse is "well, they have to go to make room for what we are already bringing in"...then cut more.

One player is usable. High rated prospect. G5 transfer that started as an 18 year old in D1 CFB. I just listed a whole bunch of not usable players.

Make the roster better. I dont care who wants in and what needs to be juggled. This is a results business. Make the roster better.

Figure it out.

Stop making sense.

Figure it out.

To a certain extent I agree with all of this.

Figure it out.
Agree here.... Only Caveat is Mario has more information than we do. We may have something else cooking.

The question is do you trust the CEO to do the right things with ALL of the information. Jury is out on Mario, we will see.

Advertisement
At enrollment.

Keep in mind that some of the HS/JuCo guys might not be enrolling in January.

That's not terrible. We have a lot of EEs in c/o 2024, but we also have a good deal of summer enrollees. Per the stickied EE thread, it's everyone minus these guys:

DL Justin Scott
WR Chance Robinson
DL Artavius Jones
RB Jordan Lyle
DB Ryan Mack
DB Romanas Frederique
EDGE Booker Pickett Jr.
EDGE Elias Rudolph
OL Juan Minaya
DL Daylen Russell

That's potentially 10 more spots through the spring. Per UM, 5/15 is the last day to register for Summer A, 5/17 is the last day to register for Summer C, and 6/20 is the last day to register for Summer B. Just in time for the 15-day portal window opening 5/1, when I'm sure we'll have some names hit the portal before these 10 enroll.

Shouldn’t have left the first time.
Truth This Is True GIF by Ford

People crying over a kid that was *here* and *chose* to leave on his *own*. Staff tried to keep him first time around.

*=key words.

Could have used him but 100% understand the decision not to take him.

I’d never take someone that left the way he did.. don’t care that he was 16 or if he was 18 or 22. Judging by his mom’s post and comments.. doesn’t come from a very good support system and probably rubs off on him.
Careful man we have guys on here comparing this to Mario leaving us for Bama. Two situations aren't remotely close.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jackson can't be any slower than J.Richards who we portaled in from Vandy last year and looks stiff and slow too.

Advertisement
Back