Antione Jackson to UCF

We are at 87 if Lou isn't on scholarship as dee just said.
We need a QB. Look willing to take a top WR. And Wouldn't be surprised to still see us go for another Safety.
From there I'd say we need TE and CB. That there is +5 which would bring it to 92. Meaning we'd need to clear 7 spots, which is a lot. Now, Idk if we need to be at 85 for spring or not though, cause that doesn't seem very likely to me. After Spring I think it's easier, but it's not super easy either...

QB and RB - None.
WR - Shemar Kirk? Doesn't look like Jacolby George is getting pushed out. We just seriously have to hope he grows a brain and can be WR 1/2 here.
TE - Cam McCormick. Applying for eligibility, and could be denied. I honestly hope he will be. He's played long enough. I'd much rather get a portal TE and him be out of eligibility. But as things stand today it seems he's gunna be in and we wont get portal te.
OL - Keep in mind we need to keep depth here. But guys that could be out are Zion Nelson and Logan Sagapolu. Them both leaving would have us at 14 total OL, which is probably least you want.

DL - Burroughs could be out, don't think we've heard much one way or the other. Only other guy is maybe Anthony Campbell or Thomas Gore? But I doubt it.
EDGE - None. IF anything I could see us add a Top EDGE if one was available. Us passing on Okunlola is similar to this situation with Antione Jackson imo.
LB - Only guy i could see out is Chase Smith?
CB - Can't afford to lose anyone or we'd be ****ed with Depth. Demetrius Freeney is the only one we might be able to since he hasn't done anything and doesn't have the same ceiling as Stafford.
S - Brian Balom is probalby the only guy. Markeith could maybe leave after Spring if hes not in rotation.

In total I just listed TOTAL of like 9 players max that could be pushed out. And thats some guys I doubt would leave like Freeney, Kirk, Gore, Campbell...
Idk man, numbers wise, I get why they're being so selective. I'd also probalby take 2 CBs over 2 Safeties, as I said like a month ago in the portal DB thread. Regardless even if had 9 leave at most we'd have 7 spots..

QB- Maybe Brown if we bring someone in.
RB- I still think 1 of Parrish/Citizen aren't both not he team next year, at least I hope not if Citizen isn't ever going to be back healthy.
WR- Redding hopefully gone…I don't think Kirk isn entirely safe, but I think we stick with him one more year.
TE- please god no McCormick
OL- please god Nelson better not be not his team with the needs we have…And I think Washington and Denis have to go (is Denis on medical hardship). If we keep Sap and R-Rod we are at 14 if everyone else I just listed is gone.
DT- I think Gore is out already? I don't think and I hope both he and Campbell will be on this team, and I definitely think AT MINIMUM 1 is out if Burroughs is. is not his team.
DE- No one
LB- Maybe C.Smith. Likely 50/50 w him imo
CB- We won't push any out…Can't afford any hits
S- Balom probably gone, was almost gone last year.

Advertisement
How do you know he’s going to be here by the time the roster is set?

Do you know when the 85 needs to be in place?

If you know, when does the 85 have to be in place? Serious question. I've read conflicting reports/articles on that. Some say spring practice, other say summer, and I even saw someone say Game 1.

Advertisement
QB- Maybe Brown if we bring someone in.
RB- I still think 1 of Parrish/Citizen aren't both not he team next year, at least I hope not if Citizen isn't ever going to be back healthy.
WR- Redding hopefully gone…I don't think Kirk isn entirely safe, but I think we stick with him one more year.
TE- please god no McCormick
OL- please god Nelson better not be not his team with the needs we have…And I think Washington and Denis have to go (is Denis on medical hardship). If we keep Sap and R-Rod we are at 14 if everyone else I just listed is gone.
DT- I think Gore is out already? I don't think and I hope both he and Campbell will be on this team, and I definitely think AT MINIMUM 1 is out if Burroughs is. is not his team.
DE- No one
LB- Maybe C.Smith. Likely 50/50 w him imo
CB- We won't push any out…Can't afford any hits
S- Balom probably gone, was almost gone last year.
We aren’t gunna push a qb out but yeah Jacurri could dip.
Rb don’t see anything happening on our end.

I already don’t have Denis and Washington in the counter. Only OLine guys that could move on are Nelson and Sagapolu. The rest It wouldn’t be us pushing them out.
Think Gore still here. Agree on Balom

Advertisement

I already don’t have Denis and Washington in the counter. Only OLine guys that could move on are Nelson and Sagapolu. The rest It wouldn’t be us pushing them out.
Nelson could also move to a medical scholarship if he has not already. At some point you have to give up the hope of playing.

If you know, when does the 85 have to be in place? Serious question. I've read conflicting reports/articles on that. Some say spring practice, other say summer, and I even saw someone say Game 1.

I don’t.

I spent an hour on the NCAA website this morning after OCF responded to me and I couldn’t find ****.

I thought it was the start of Fall Practice myself before school starts.

Advertisement
I don’t.

I spent an hour on the NCAA website this morning after OCF responded to me and I couldn’t find ****.

That's what I've always thought too.

I don’t.

Not sure where the reference is from but saw this here.

1000012284.png

But then I saw this also:

1000012285.png

All this #'s talk better account for adding 2 qb's. I'd guess at least 1 for spring and if not sooner, later for the second QB.
Right now we have Jacurri and Judd who are able-bodied for spring. And walk-ons. To reasonably function in spring practice I would think another scholarship arm would be advantageous.

Advertisement
We DID NOT want him. Our concerns in high school were confirmed by his play his freshman year… trust the staff and our NFL player personnel guy for once.
I can’t confirm nor deny this as the staff did sign him out of HS. But - if he is as big of a miss as some ppl make it seem - I find it startling that NONE of the upper echelons of college football came calling.

With an offer list like he had coming out of HS - you’d think that the SEC would’ve been all over this recruitment the moment he hit the portal. But instead - he winds up at UCF. Not even the 2nd tier SEC teams like Tennessee, Ole Miss, LSU or the 3rd tier teams like A&M, UF, Auburn etc.

I personally think we may have dodged a bullet on this one. If something smells fishy, it probably has been in a pond. Mario is fixing culture and the talent level needs to be 5* caliber to make an exception imo

I believe Washington is still on the team though? That's why I'm included.

And I agree we won't push Jacurri out, but if we bring someone in he may bounce.

there's no way nelson should be eating a ship... get him on a medical hardship situation asap.

Advertisement
Back