Antione Jackson ECU?

If the kid doesn't want to be here and won't contribute for at least two years, why keep him here? The time spent into recruiting the kid is nothing compared to the year and money and resources wasted on him until he transfers out. Cut him lose NOW. In this day and age why take on this headache? Why deal with it? We do him a solid, we keep good relations with Dillard and we have space for a CB that wants to be here. To quote Bonnie Raitt " Cause I can't make you love me...."
I really don't understand this argument, nobody is trying to keep him here or suggesting that we force him to stay against his will. There are transfer rules in place that allow for a kid to leave in this exact circumstance. Its exactly why they were adopted. Use your free transfer, go to where you want and we wish you well. Sucks that it didn't work out, we wasted time, resources and a scholarship that could have been given to someone else. The kid has to use his transfer waiver and the hassle of starting over but he does get to end up wherever he wants.

People nowadays are so entitled. They expect to be able to make bad choices and not be held accountable or pay any consequences. Always the victim

Advertisement
I really don't understand this argument, nobody is trying to keep him here or suggesting that we force him to stay against his will. There are transfer rules in place that allow for a kid to leave in this exact circumstance. Its exactly why they were adopted. Use your free transfer, go to where you want and we wish you well. Sucks that it didn't work out, we wasted time, resources and a scholarship that could have been given to someone else. The kid has to use his transfer waiver and the hassle of starting over but he does get to end up wherever he wants.

People nowadays are so entitled. They expect to be able to make bad choices and not be held accountable or pay any consequences. Always the victim
he can't transfer until he enrolls. he isnt enrolled and wont until summer according to TOC. he'd have to enroll in the summer, you pay for his semester on campus, housing, food, etc. only to let him leave. why not cut your losses? he is costing you exactly 0 dollars right now. he was a local kid so you didnt spend a lot recruiting him either.

he can't transfer until he enrolls. he isnt enrolled and wont until summer according to TOC. he'd have to enroll in the summer, you pay for his semester on campus, housing, food, etc. only to let him leave. why not cut your losses? he is costing you exactly 0 dollars right now. he was a local kid so you didnt spend a lot recruiting him either.
Why does he have to enroll? Where does it say that in the rulebook?
Why cant he just take his free transfer and enroll and Colorado or any other university in September??

Also, no ICs for the c/o 2023, so that doesn't matter. If we release him from his NLI before he enrolls in the summer, I don't believe he ever counts against the 85.

Advertisement
Parents and or handlers must be involved.
Remember on The U film when Melvin Bratton said he was ****ed cause he was told he was gonna red shirt.
He called his mom and said he was gonna transfer and his mom said “oh no you ain’t”.

It’s not just the kids that are different now. We keep saying he’s 16 and he’s just a kid.
But no one in his corner seems to want to honor a **** thing.

Why does he have to enroll? Where does it say that in the rulebook?
Why cant he just take his free transfer and enroll and Colorado or any other university in September??
how the **** do you transfer out of a school you aren't enrolled in? he could never enroll you know. a lot of people pay multiple enrollment deposits when they decide on a college until they make their final decision or wait for another decision to come in

Remember on The U film when Melvin Bratton said he was ****ed cause he was told he was gonna red shirt.
He called his mom and said he was gonna transfer and his mom said “oh no you ain’t”.

It’s not just the kids that are different now. We keep saying he’s 16 and he’s just a kid.
this is dumb bc coaches dont honor **** either. coaches leave their schools for other opportunities all the time without notice. guidry left Tulane after a few weeks or so to come here. you calling him out or you excited bc he came?

this is dumb bc coaches dont honor **** either. coaches leave their schools for other opportunities all the time without notice. guidry left Tulane after a few weeks or so to come here. you calling him out or you excited bc he came?
And they are getting 500k for it. It isn't the same.

Advertisement
Besides NK last year and CJ this year, what have we even got from Dillard lately? Best thing the last decade besides them is Coach Macho. F this kid.

lmfao. he sat there and lied to those kids when he was introduced. the honor. nah its a business. no one gives a **** about honor when it comes to college football.
What kids did he lie to? What are you talking about? He was the DC of the team until he wasn't. You are right, it is a business and Antione signed a contract. He can pay his way out of it with his free transfer, just like coaches/schools pay their way out of theirs.

What kids did he lie to? What are you talking about? He was the DC of the team until he wasn't. You are right, it is a business and Antione signed a contract. He can pay his way out of it with his free transfer, just like coaches/schools pay their way out of theirs.
hes not enrolled. he has to enroll to transfer. he doesn't have a C number. hes not a registered student. if he enrolled, he would have to transfer.

Advertisement
how the **** do you transfer out of a school you aren't enrolled in? he could never enroll you know. a lot of people pay multiple enrollment deposits when they decide on a college until they make their final decision or wait for another decision to come in
He can use his transfer waiver to get out of NLI and enroll wherever he wants in September. Same way Jayden Rashada was going to if UF didnt release him from the NLI.

I know you just like to be contrarian and argue for the sake of nothing so done here. Argue with yourself if you like

Transfer rules, portal rules, and so forth are a joke anymore. Players pack their bags in a moments notice. I'd release him, wish him well, and make sure I'm always there if there's some life issues he needs to talk, then about I'm available. Football related though, we're done on that end.

Advertisement
Shedeur... your position is noted. We get it.

I mean the kid flipped from UGA to us. Now we are concerned about honoring a commitment? He already shown that he would change his mind depending on the circumstances. Just let him transfer out without sitting a year. IMO he’s going to play 4 and redshirt anyway

He can use his transfer waiver to get out of NLI and enroll wherever he wants in September. Same way Jayden Rashada was going to if UF didnt release him from the NLI.

I know you just like to be contrarian and argue for the sake of nothing so done here. Argue with yourself if you like

Uh, I don't think so. I don't think that's how a transfer waiver works, to allow you to get out of an LOI.

Without enrolling in a school, you are simply violating the terms of your LOI. Which requires a one-year sit-out.

The LOI rules have been around a lot longer than the Portal.

Advertisement
Back