Anthony Walker enters the Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
My first thought is wow and my second is that Wong is coming back. Odd to shed 3 guys if he isn’t.
L is going on a heck of a shopping spree if he isn’t
giphy.gif

Advertisement
The Portal is chocked full of talented players & Miami is one of the most attractive destination spots on the market.

It makes the most logical sense to add better skill players & more depth who can put us over the hump.

Aside from sentimentality, there wasn’t any real reason for Walker to stick for another year here. I wish the kid luck & thank him for his time & contribution to the team over the years, but in the quest for a Championship decisions have to be made.

Advertisement
I’m actually surprised by this
Beverly IF he does same and this (Walker) is not too surprising to me. But I'm really perplexed about F Aire and Jovanovich. One might think their near-zero playing time was a calculated staff or coaching plan. They certainly can't develop much sitting bench. Does either of those (going portal this week) make sense?

Beverly IF he does same and this (Walker) is not too surprising to me. But I'm really perplexed about F Aire and Jovanovich. One might think their near-zero playing time was a calculated staff or coaching plan. They certainly can't develop much sitting bench. Does either of those (going portal this week) make sense?
Jovanovich was more head scratching. I think he's pretty skilled and would have had a role next year

Advertisement
Jovanovich was more head scratching. I think he's pretty skilled and would have had a role next year
F Aire and Jovanovich does seem confusing to me. I'm wondering if NIL is involved (behind the scenes.) Besides playing time (development!) obviously desired, I sorta can picture they wanted their piece of the large pie so much in the news. If they were told "do something first" and Coach L has no immediate plans for them on the day-to-day roster (10 minutes plus per game) this makes sense, as they may get some NIL$ from a team needing potential talent more than us?

(What I guess im trying to say is that if there were no such things as NIL< they might not have done this?)

(Come to think of it, doubt Miami NIL offered Walker much for next year - if any - certainly he thinks he might make $something elsewhere. Rules probably still say he can't ask the NIL folks for another school in advance AS WELL as the <other> school staff, but no doubt these things surely go on.)

I'm surprised that Jakai Robinson wasn't the first one to get up and leave. Despite being the highest recruit of his class, and getting some PT as a freshman, he was health scratched the entire season while Bensley and Wooga had major roles. If he didn't touch the floor at all this year, why would he stay? L clearly has him 5th or so in the guard rotation behind Wong/Pack/Joseph/Beverly and we return at least 3 of those guys and probably pick up a nasty portal guard as well.

Advertisement
Back