Anthony Molten

It's so refreshing to be talking about how deep and talented our dl had been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Other than Gerald Willis, Moten was the most successful upfield DT in the practice I got to watch. Guy did a spin move inside and I got extra confused.

Clearly, Mcintosh has worked himself on to another level, but it's truly crazy we have Gerald Willis and Anthony Moten as backups.
2 years ago Jenkins may have been our best DT. Now he can't even get on the field.

Other than Gerald Willis, Moten was the most successful upfield DT in the practice I got to watch. Guy did a spin move inside and I got extra confused.

Clearly, Mcintosh has worked himself on to another level, but it's truly crazy we have Gerald Willis and Anthony Moten as backups.
2 years ago Jenkins may have been our best DT. Now he can't even get on the field.

true that

If I had to power rank our DL through three games:

McIntosh
Thomas
D. Jackson
Norton
Willis
J. Jackson
Harris
Jenkins
Molten
Bethel
Fines

Rok you love you some lists.

mah-*****.jpg

Advertisement
we went from arguing about ice cream & dodgeball to arguing about who our best dlinemen is. I'd say Richt has done quite well to this point.
to

Mac is good but kendrick Norton is much more disruptive. He's getting dbl teamed most of the time. He reminds me of a young Warren Sapp

With Molten and the others, you can't have too much of a good thing. Having effective and fresh D linemen to rotate late in the game is so important

Advertisement
If I had to power rank our DL through three games:

McIntosh
Thomas
D. Jackson
Norton
Willis
J. Jackson
Harris
Jenkins
Molten
Bethel
Fines

Unfair to Harris, Jenkins and Moten. Let's see how they all play when healthy on the back 9.

Advertisement
Our entire Dline are making plays. After Thomas, McIntosh, and Norton, everyone else seems to take turns getting into the backfield. It's crazy. We have been so neutered the last few years that it almost seems surreal.

I'm guessing we won't be seeing much more of Fines barring injury....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

The whole D-line looks like they're having an awesome time. All of them are getting after it, making plays. They must be so relieved to be out of that 2-gap garbage. They're ALL eating right now. It would tough to say who's doing the best.

The biggest sign of incompetence is when another coach takes YOUR SAME PLAYERS and does better with them. I wonder what Golden thinks when/if he watches our current D-line.

"Ugh, way too aggressive!"

This is by far the best Dline unit in Coral Gables since 2002( and I get the sense that they will be more productive under Coach Kool)

Advertisement
This is by far the best Dline unit in Coral Gables since 2002( and I get the sense that they will be more productive under Coach Kool)

2002 DEFENSE
STRENGTHS: It's not often that you have every single person from an eight man rotation return the following year, and it's not every decade that you see a single defensive line having six players with at least one year of starting experience. Well this is what you have with Miami's front. Leading the way for the 2002 campaign are All American defensive tackle and future top 10 NFL pick William Joseph, All American defensive end Jerome McDougle, and equally as talented defensive end Andrew Williams. If that wasn't enough, backing those two at defensive end are Cornelius Green and Jammal Green, who both started on the 2000 Miami Hurricane squad. Also coming off the bench along with a slew of other studs is stand out freshman Vince Wilfork, who will help this line become the best most have seen in ten years, and if you find that hard to believe then look no further than their production from last year. For those not aware, the Canes' eight-man rotation in eleven games, accounted for an astonishing 388 tackles, 81 tackles for loss, and 39 sacks. Not even Tennessee, who most thought was last season's top defensive line in the country, could come close to that with just 254 tackles, 45 tackles for loss, and 28 sacks in twelve regular season games. If that wasn't enough for offenses to worry about, they also have to deal with the linebackers. If the Hurricanes improved linebacker play from the last couple of games of 2001 were any indication of what we should expect for next fall, then this group should round out the nation's best front seven. Losing only the late senior linebacker Chris Campbell, starters DJ Williams and Jonathan Vilma return with secure jobs and look to continue their momentum from last year's Rose Bowl. Competition though has heated up at the other outside linebacker spot, where an injury to former starter Howard Clark has kept him out of spring workouts. Taking advantage of the opening is redshirt freshman Roger McIntosh, who really opened some eyes in spring practice and who could very well eventually wind up playing on the first unit.

-Nationalchamps.net

Going to be tough to outdue that line. But we do have Kul

I thought Moten was going to be just another guy but he has surprised.

Feels weird to have a D Line that can get after it....

That's a bit strong.

Sapp was unblockable and possibly the most disruptive DT at Miami - and one of the most disruptive in the NFL (which is why he's in the Hall of Fame)....

Mac is good but kendrick Norton is much more disruptive. He's getting dbl teamed most of the time. He reminds me of a young Warren Sapp

I'm definitely looking forward to any DL we sign while Kuligowski is here.

He's been so good at finding talent that you know there's a really good chance anyone he gets will be productive.

With his resume, Miami's history (especially with DL) and being located in the most talent-laden place in the world for football players, we're going to be absolutely loaded....

Advertisement
Back