Anthony McFarland's Recruitment

Exactly. As much as we Miami fans talk about "staying home", we can't really be mad at the kid.

Not like he went to Bama or Free Shoes.

Not to mention, Harley did the same thing but in our favor (he even "shut his down" after actually being committed)

He lead our coaches astray for an entire year and prevented us from recruiting other kids. We can be plenty mad. I don't like how Harley handled his recruitment either.

The only thing that prevented us from recruiting other RBs was the staff's stupidity

Yes, this is such a stupid staff.

Advertisement
He is a Terp, nothing else needs to be said... he can live with that crap for the rest of his life!

Advertisement
Exactly. As much as we Miami fans talk about "staying home", we can't really be mad at the kid.

Not to mention, Harley did the same thing but in our favor (he even "shut his down" after actually being committed)

He lead our coaches astray for an entire year and prevented us from recruiting other kids. We can be plenty mad. I don't like how Harley handled his recruitment either.

The only thing that prevented us from recruiting other RBs was the staff's stupidity

Not so stupid.

We were coming off sanctions, getting our IC numbers in order, and we had 2 RBs leave the team in 2017 (Yearby and Gus), after recruiting was 90% done.

We had 2 RBs that we were recruiting, one who was a long-time verbal and one who was a long-time silent. Now you can argue about whether to "rely" on a silent, but he told the UM coaches he was coming.

So we should have recruited a 3rd running back? Just in case?

That's not "staff stupidity", that is on Whoopie McFarland. If he has such an affinity for the State of Maryland that a meeting in a diner can change his mind, then he never should have given his silent verbal so early and so clearly to our coaches.

But to act as if our coaches are "stupid" when they have 2 top RBs (up until the last minute) is just ridiculous.

Now, if you want to be critical of taking a guy with a long history of injuries, that's another issue.

Not so stupid.

We were coming off sanctions, getting our IC numbers in order, and we had 2 RBs leave the team in 2017 (Yearby and Gus), after recruiting was 90% done.

We had 2 RBs that we were recruiting, one who was a long-time verbal and one who was a long-time silent. Now you can argue about whether to "rely" on a silent, but he told the UM coaches he was coming.

So we should have recruited a 3rd running back? Just in case?

That's not "staff stupidity", that is on Whoopie McFarland. If he has such an affinity for the State of Maryland that a meeting in a diner can change his mind, then he never should have given his silent verbal so early and so clearly to our coaches.

But to act as if our coaches are "stupid" when they have 2 top RBs (up until the last minute) is just ridiculous.

Now, if you want to be critical of taking a guy with a long history of injuries, that's another issue.

I was being sarcastic.

Advertisement
Also, Ohio State doesn't have a good defense. Credit to him for doing this, I mean it's still impressive. But they're not a good defense. He wouldn't do this to Miami's defense.

Advertisement
Flavor of the day just like Babers.....bet none of you were saying how good he was against Iowa, Texas, Michigan, Michigan state

Advertisement
There is a bag of dycks with his name on it. He can choke on them for all I care.

Advertisement
Back