Anthony McFarland, Jr.

I don't see McFarland going to Bama. They have BJ Emmons and Josh Jacobs as true freshmen and have Najee Harris coming next year with another 4-star kid.

He can stay home at Maryland and start Day 1 OR he can come to Miami, play for a stud RB coach in a Brown and compete with Homer and Burns.

If Maryland has anything close to a decent season this year, i think he stays home. I felt he was a Miami lean earlier this year but not anymore.

Advertisement
I don't see McFarland going to Bama. They have BJ Emmons and Josh Jacobs as true freshmen and have Najee Harris coming next year with another 4-star kid.

He can stay home at Maryland and start Day 1 OR he can come to Miami, play for a stud RB coach in a Brown and compete with Homer and Burns.

If Maryland has anything close to a decent season this year, i think he stays home. I felt he was a Miami lean earlier this year but not anymore.

So root against Maryland. Got it.

Miami is the preference for the mother of four-star running back Anthony McFarland Jr. (Hyattsville, Md./DeMatha Catholic).

McFarland said Miami and Maryland are now tied with Alabama on top. He favored the Terrapins and Hurricanes this spring.

The Crimson Tide slipped ahead in July at The Opening.

McFarland Jr. said he will start taking official visits later this fall. He’s unsure of any official visits destinations and dates at this point.

He said he’s down to Miami, Maryland, Alabama, Tennessee and Florida.

He did point out that he’s back in talks with Penn State, an early favorite, and said the Nittany Lions are sliding back in for him.

McFarland, who is out for his senior season with a broken fibula, is hoping to return for the Under Armour All-American Bowl January 1. He said he hopes to announce his college choice during the game if possible.

The Crystal Ball reads 31-percent for Miami, 31-percent for Georgia, his early leader, 25-percent for Maryland, six-percent for Florida State and six-percent for Alabama.

McFarland said he plans to take his Alabama official visit in mid-January.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation’s No. 3 all-purpose back in the 2017 class by 247SportsComposite.

:monkey-serious:

Recruiting pitch for McFarland can be a new specialized recovery program for all players with leg injuries. Join the crew.

Advertisement
Darrian Felix is looking better and better as the 2nd RB to close out UM's 2017 class.

Go Canes

Oregon leads for felix now. Seems to want to play in a spread offense.
Another bad choice because no rbs ever make an impact in the NFL after going to Oregon

jonathan stewart?

Talking about since Chip Kelly

Ok I understand but that is 4 years ago..... Basically one recruiting cycle

Advertisement
An injury like that can have a severe affect on a kids psyche. If he doesn't break his leg I think he comes here, but that whole process of getting back is trying and I would imagine he likes home more now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back