Anthony McFarland, Jr.

Advertisement
CMR needs to keep running up the score and all these kids will want to be at Miami. McFarland, Homer, and Linguard to go along with Yearby and Walton is sickening. This is like the early 2000s all over again.

Advertisement
"McFarland said he plans to take his Alabama official visit in mid-January." To me that sounds like he's probably picking Alabama, then again mama wants him at Miami!

It also says he wants to announce at the all star game January 1, prior to his visit to Bama. Just say'n.

He has a broken bone. He needs to lock himself and quit playing.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I really dont count guys like this out anymore.

I mean we have a pretty deadly combo here for RBs.

Richt has had time to establish a relationship with the kid and so has Brown. The mother seems to be vocal and my boy Richt is always number 1 on Mom's list.

Our coaches can talk up game on all their bulldog RBs and then they can point to our RB tradition.

Get em on campus and they are like "****" and add in our bad ask stadium.

I think it all comes down to having a season that gives these kids hope that Miami is on the way up. Richt pulls this off and he can cash in his chips on several top notch recruits.

Please God let us win... lets us win.

Id pass now... last year ankle.... this year fibula he hasnt played a full season 2 yrs in a row... no bueno.... he slowly on the road of tony romo.... wish him well though

Advertisement
Was reading the Maryland board because I live in the area and went to school there so I keep up with them. One of them posted an interesting tweet from McFarland. Somebody tried to hype up Maryland's staff playing all these young recruits and how you have to love it if you're a high school senior, and tweeted it directly at McFarland. And rather than McFarland joining in the circle-jerk or saying anything positive, he actually attacked the staff for not playing an ex-Dematha player. Seems like a dumb criticism, and really the type of thing you would only harp on if you weren't going to sign with that school. I have no idea how to post a tweet or I would.

Advertisement
Is a fibula considered a bad injury? Any idea on turnaround time and impact on explosiveness?
[MENTION=14579]Footballhelmet[/MENTION] [MENTION=12776]JuanFromLittleHavana[/MENTION] [MENTION=6640]canesfam[/MENTION]
#switchbladelyfe

Miami is the preference for the mother of four-star running back Anthony McFarland Jr. (Hyattsville, Md./DeMatha Catholic).

McFarland said Miami and Maryland are now tied with Alabama on top. He favored the Terrapins and Hurricanes this spring.

The Crimson Tide slipped ahead in July at The Opening.

McFarland Jr. said he will start taking official visits later this fall. He’s unsure of any official visits destinations and dates at this point.

He said he’s down to Miami, Maryland, Alabama, Tennessee and Florida.

He did point out that he’s back in talks with Penn State, an early favorite, and said the Nittany Lions are sliding back in for him.

McFarland, who is out for his senior season with a broken fibula, is hoping to return for the Under Armour All-American Bowl January 1. He said he hopes to announce his college choice during the game if possible.

The Crystal Ball reads 31-percent for Miami, 31-percent for Georgia, his early leader, 25-percent for Maryland, six-percent for Florida State and six-percent for Alabama.

McFarland said he plans to take his Alabama official visit in mid-January.

The four-star recruit is ranked as the nation’s No. 3 all-purpose back in the 2017 class by 247SportsComposite.

:sanford:

Advertisement
Back