giphy.gif

We officially have 8 players (2 walk-ons) on the team and 2 incoming freshman

We SHOULD have 13 scholarship players and 2 walk-ons

This is not good

Advertisement

This is not good

I am dead serious. Was this kid any better than a preferred walk-on? Fully expect Miami to hit the portal very hard and pick of three kids.

I am dead serious. Was this kid any better than a preferred walk-on? Fully expect Miami to hit the portal very hard and pick of three kids.

He was not. We took him because we needed bodies, and that's it.

We've been getting Eiffel towered by the FBI and NCAA for the last 2 recruiting cycles now for absolutely NO reason.

It's a complete travesty how much this BS "scandal" has affected our bball program yet hasn't really affected those programs who were actually found guilty of wrongdoings.

Unless we can bring in some solid players for 2019-20 season, we will continue to feel the negative effects of this whole situation.

He was not. We took him because we needed bodies, and that's it.

We've been getting Eiffel towered by the FBI and NCAA for the last 2 recruiting cycles now for absolutely NO reason.

It's a complete travesty how much this BS "scandal" has affected our bball program yet hasn't really affected those programs who were actually found guilty of wrongdoings.

Unless we can bring in some solid players for 2019-20 season, we will continue to feel the negative effects of this whole situation.

Yeah they def F'd us.... we had an great 2017 recruiting class with Walker and Lykes, a season that showed promise, then we are wrongfully implicated in the Fed/NCAA scandal as we were competing for Nassir Little,and instead we sign zero recruits for 2018

And we would have had a more respectful season if Dewan had played, instead he gets shafted by the NCAA and now we look like a **** bball program again and people are calling for coach L....

Advertisement
Miller and Waardenburg need to go too. Those two are not Power 5 basketball players. Unfortunately they will still be here because Miami needs bodies.

I thought if anyone left, it would be him. I gave him benefit of the doubt a lot as he was a freshman. I am not going to say anything bad about the kid but I wish him nothing but the best on his future endeavors.

I hope a grad transfer wing gets his scholarship if he is seriously leaving.

Miami needs to have 5 scholarships available for a deep and talented 2020 recruiting class.

Sorry, I move on quick. Strictly business, Business never personal (EPMD).

This is not good

Actually the 8 players include the 2 freshman. Lykes, Vasiljevic, McGusty, Waardenberg, Miller and Gak returning with Wong and Walker joining the roster on scholarship. Herenton and Proctor are the walk-ons. That leaves 5 available scholarships.

Let's hit the transfer portal and add 3 to 5 grad transfers. I am not sure the NCAA will give Miami any waivers.

Advertisement
At some point, we've got to stop using the FBI investigation as a cop-out. 1 class cycle? Ok. But now we're moving into our 3rd cycle since the investigation and still coming up short. Coaching staff needs to pick it up and start signing quality players capable of playing in the ACC. Funny, how the same investigation didn't seem to bother Auburn and Louisville too much. I'm a big believer in Coach L's coaching prowess, but this staff leaves a lot to be desired on the recruiting trail.

GO CANES!!!

At some point, we've got to stop using the FBI investigation as a cop-out. 1 class cycle? Ok. But now we're moving into our 3rd cycle since the investigation and still coming up short. Coaching staff needs to pick it up and start signing quality players capable of playing in the ACC. Funny, how the same investigation didn't seem to bother Auburn and Louisville too much. I'm a big believer in Coach L's coaching prowess, but this staff leaves a lot to be desired on the recruiting trail.

GO CANES!!!
I could agree with this. I mean who would have Miami gotten if the FBI thing didn’t get in the way? Nassir Little? The one dude who comes off the bench for Kentucky who played high school ball in MD? I highly doubt they would have gotten any of the big time guys.

GO CANES!!!
The same staff that signed Lonnie Walker, Bruce Brown, Dewan Huell, Chris Lykes, etc.?

Advertisement
Miami basketball and baseball are just awful, but it certainly isn’t Coach L’s fault. Again, #### Mark Emmert and the horse he rode in on.

Coach L is losing this team. He’s lost many players of any um coach in history. Something is not clicking. Coach L is officially on the chopping block. I’m calling it now.
I wish he'd lose a couple more, e.,g., Miller and Sam. They might get to contribute someplace else. So, if that is "losing the team," I say keep it up, Coach.

Advertisement
Back