Anthony Mack Transferring

Advertisement
Actually the 8 players include the 2 freshman. Lykes, Vasiljevic, McGusty, Waardenberg, Miller and Gak returning with Wong and Walker joining the roster on scholarship. Herenton and Proctor are the walk-ons. That leaves 5 available scholarships.

Let's hit the transfer portal and add 3 to 5 grad transfers. I am not sure the NCAA will give Miami any waivers.

Yeah that's what I meant...

Coach L is losing this team. He’s lost many players of any um coach in history. Something is not clicking. Coach L is officially on the chopping block. I’m calling it now.
I very strongly disagree here, and I've been very critical of Larranaga, especially as it pertains to roster construction. We've had quite a few transfers in recent years (nature of the beast in CBB when only 5 guys play at a time) , but outside of a few guys, none of the players that left panned out anywhere else:

Bishop Daniels - Fringe rotation guy at Rutgers
Deandre Burnett - Decent at Ole Miss but a high volume shooter. Was behind several better guards while at Miami.
Manu Lecomte - Became a really good player at Baylor. Did not want to backup Angel or Newton.
James Palmer - Also really good at Nebraska. Wanted to be an alpha and was able to be one there.
Omar Sherman - Hasn't been heard from since.
Rashad Muhammad - Kicked off team.
Miles Wilson. Kicked off team.
Anthony Mack - Had no business being here in the first place.

So in 8 years, we've lost 8 guys. That's pretty much par for the course anywhere else.

At some point, we've got to stop using the FBI investigation as a cop-out. 1 class cycle? Ok. But now we're moving into our 3rd cycle since the investigation and still coming up short. Coaching staff needs to pick it up and start signing quality players capable of playing in the ACC. Funny, how the same investigation didn't seem to bother Auburn and Louisville too much. I'm a big believer in Coach L's coaching prowess, but this staff leaves a lot to be desired on the recruiting trail.

GO CANES!!!

Louisville is a college basketball blue-blood, and Auburn is run by one of the cheating-est coaches in the entire NCAA.

Miami doesn't quite have the pedigree, and Coach L is not going to cheat like Pearl.

Coach L is still a good coach. He just needs to play more than 7 guys each game and he needs to use all 13 of his scholarships for D-1 basketball players.

Guys transfer because they want to play. Sitting on the bench is not an option when you can play for a loser. Playing trumps winning now for some.

It is really that simple, in my opinion.

Advertisement
I very strongly disagree here, and I've been very critical of Larranaga, especially as it pertains to roster construction. We've had quite a few transfers in recent years (nature of the beast in CBB when only 5 guys play at a time) , but outside of a few guys, none of the players that left panned out anywhere else:

Deandre Burnett - Decent at Ole Miss but a high volume shooter. Was behind several better guards while at Miami.
Manu Lecomte - Became a really good player at Baylor. Did not want to backup Angel or Newton.
James Palmer - Also really good at Nebraska. Wanted to be an alpha and was able to be one there.

So in 8 years, we've lost 8 guys. That's pretty much par for the course anywhere else.
Good list. I'd still like to know why Miles Wilson got the boot. As for Palmer, he coulda been what he was at Nebraska here at UM, had he stayed. Like to know whether it was just impatience on his part, or something else.

Good list. I'd still like to know why Miles Wilson got the boot. As for Palmer, he coulda been what he was at Nebraska here at UM, had he stayed. Like to know whether it was just impatience on his part, or something else.
The whole Miles Wilson situation is extremely odd

I got to believe it was impatience. He wasn't starting over Reed. Sheldon Mac was gone but Brown was rolling in. Palmer would have gotten his minutes, but doubtful ever approaching 35 minutes per game like this past season for Nebraska. He would have been the guy his senior year similar to Reed. That being said Reed was always a more complete player and much better shooter.

Advertisement
The men's basketball program at Miami is a joke.
Typical trash Miami fan who likely became a fan of the program when it was 'cool' to do so. I'm not the biggest Larranaga fan myself but anyone who thinks that a program who has been to the tourney 3 of the last 4 years, 5 of the last 7, and has won a conference championship during that time also, is either an idiot or simply loves saying outlandish things to get attention.

I got to believe it was impatience. He wasn't starting over Reed. Sheldon Mac was gone but Brown was rolling in. Palmer would have gotten his minutes, but doubtful ever approaching 35 minutes per game like this past season for Nebraska. He would have been the guy his senior year similar to Reed. That being said Reed was always a more complete player and much better shooter.
Well said. He would've had to have agreed to redshirt here at UM for him to have still been playing this past season for us. And, everything would've had to go wrong (as it did). Under that unlikely hypothetical, guess he could've been our Alpha guy.

Palmer and Manu were by far the biggest losses.

Advertisement
At the end of the day, in order to keep guys on your roster, Coach L needs to speed up the tempo, press more in the half court and full court and play 10 guys every game.

It works for Bruce Pearl and Auburn.

I don't fault guys for leaving when they can play somewhere else.

I love Coach L and I fully support him but he needs to use some of the things he did at George Mason to force tempo and play more guys.

I've wondered as well about why L chooses to play a half court, slow offense like all the other coaches we've had. The past excuses were that we didn't have the athleticism or depth to play uptempo like, say, UNC. The Larkin-Kadji team did play uptempo much more than his other UM teams but , then we went back to slowing it down.

Playing end to end, fast breaking offense is what the recruits want, so ... would help recruiting too I think.

Advertisement
Playing up-tempo creates more possessions, more shots and more playing time as guys will need subs. The FBI investigation was only a small part of the Miami problem.

wtf are you talking about?
Yeah, give it a rest. Let's face it, if the hoops program is a "joke," what does that say about foortball, where we've crashed and burned for 15+ years. At least we hit the "double" in basketball --the rarely-done winning of the regular season ACC and the ACC tourney.

I mean losing him isn't a loss

But how many more years are people going to use the FBI thing as an excuse? Poor roster management has been going on since before the investigation. Stop it already

Advertisement
Back