Anthony Lucas 2022

Advertisement
Canes recruiting department is still too small...
They should always do our background info on national kids with family ties to the area. However Miami has to get it. Garcia having family from Miami proved to be beneficial in the long run and plenty of others in that same category. Lucas' dad went to Miami and no one had a clue. A potential war daddy who can change a game. Miami offered every top 5 DT except him lol

Last edited:
LOL.. 280 and coming off the edge like that?

I was sold when I saw the highlight of him lined up in the slot catching a fade for a TD! Yes, please !

Hopefully there enough time to make up for not offering earlier. That fact that we were instantly put into his Top 5 has to be a good sign right??

Advertisement
He did not just start playing football this year. He had 20+ offers after his sophomore year. Him being Haitian is good connection to the city of Miami but he grew up in Arizona. That alone would does not cut it for us. His dad being an alum is only reason I bothered to type something out. We'll get an active listening ear from the family despite offering late. Now to my point...

Huge error by the whole football recruiting department. Manny hires Andy Vaughn as the director of player personnel. Vaughn has experience from Clemson, Nebraska, and Nevada. But he was recently head of recruiting at the University of Arizona. Why did Vaughn not knock on Manny's door to offer a national DT, playing hs in Arizona, whose father attended Miami?

It is his job to cull these small pieces of information that give Miami an advantage over the competition. Worst yet this happened in a state he was just at!

FSU offered him on April 21st 2020 smh.
The Vaughn guy is really just stealing money at this point. He adds nothing

If Lucas is serious about studying Ciber Security than UC-Berkeley is a no brainer choice.

Now if he is leaning more toward kinesiology then Miami has a fighting chance, but watch out for Herman Edwards an ASU's development ability.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
He did not just start playing football this year. He had 20+ offers after his sophomore year. Him being Haitian is good connection to the city of Miami but he grew up in Arizona. That alone would does not cut it for us. His dad being an alum is only reason I bothered to type something out. We'll get an active listening ear from the family despite offering late. Now to my point...

Huge error by the whole football recruiting department. Manny hires Andy Vaughn as the director of player personnel. Vaughn has experience from Clemson, Nebraska, and Nevada. But he was recently head of recruiting at the University of Arizona. Why did Vaughn not knock on Manny's door to offer a national DT, playing hs in Arizona, whose father attended Miami?

It is his job to cull these small pieces of information that give Miami an advantage over the competition. Worst yet this happened in a state he was just at!

Agreed!!! ASU and AU where all over him for more than a year.

Go Canes

Has to be a pretty awesome feeling as a dad knowing your school (even though he didn't play sports) offered your son. Hope we can make up some ground on this kid because he looks like a beast.

Advertisement
If Aristide is the recruiting sniper we've heard he is, then snagging this fellow Haitian with a Cane father should be in the bag.... being late on a kid that just started playing football on the other side of the country isn't that crazy.

If Aristide is the recruiting sniper we've heard he is, then snagging this fellow Haitian with a Cane father should be in the bag.... being late on a kid that just started playing football on the other side of the country isn't that crazy.
If ethnicity a guarantee in recruiting then Armella is a done deal with Manny as HC. The only loyalty is to the almighty $$$

Advertisement
he did just not start playing football this year. don't know where OP got that. Lucas had 20+ offers after his soph year and his HUDL page has him joining the football program in the fall of 2018

Fully agree on Aristide and the staff have to find a way to land this kid even though they got him on late. I'd ask though why is fan focus/ pressure on Aristide to get that done and not Manny? Manny is the one who already made the mistake of being a year late to Lucas. Imagine if Aristide came to the program with Lucas already having 50 conversations (once a week) with the Miami football staff.

The other college football staffs got black folks who are Haitian and Jamaican too lol

Last edited:

That makes sense. No way would he be a top 50 player if he just started playing.

If ethnicity a guarantee in recruiting then Armella is a done deal with Manny as HC. The only loyalty is to the almighty $$$
If Julian lived in Arizona maybe.
He’s been surrounded by Hispanics his whole life he’s not gonna mind leaving for a few years.
A Haitian in Arizona that comes to OV down here is gonna love it. If he makes it for the Caribbean carnival in October I would pencil him in if his offer is commitable.

Advertisement
Back