Anthony Jones?

Luke Stampini
@LukeStampini

Miami assistants Brennan Carroll & Ice Harris on the Miami Central sidelines for FHSAA 6A state title game.

11:51am*- 13 Dec 14

Coach Ice and Carroll out there to see Phillips and Jones...

Advertisement
Advertisement
UM could also take Jones as a preferred walk on, and make him a recipient of the new scholarship for Running backs endowed by former UM running back Ken Hunt.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/83017-Ken-Hunt-donates-1-5M-to-Miami?highlight=scholarship

This way Jones gets to come to UM and it does affect UM's limited number of spots.

Go Canes

Go Canes

False. Any player on scholarship who plays in a game for the football team automatically counts as a football scholarship. Been that way for several years now. Otherwise Bama, LSU et al would have a couple of dozen "academic" scholarsip players on their teams.

That transference rule only applies to revenue sport scholarships ( ei baseball, track, basketball) will transfer to the highest revenue generating sport once the player enters a game. Academic and general scholarships don't count, hence why a walk can play in a game and not be on football scholarship such as Fentress who ended up starting for UM this year yet he is not on scholarship.

RB DeAndre Johnson is a Senior walk on at UM now, prior to this he was on scholarship at Iowa were he played in few games. Johnson played in a few games this year and last year but is not part of the 85 roster scholarship count.

Go Canes

First, Fentress is on scholarship.

Second, if you are recruited as an athlete, on any scholarship and play, you count.

Third, the RB scholarship was not an academic scholarship.

Has 9 rushes for 84 yards and a TD at the half. Had two 20+ yard runs called back by penalties.

Advertisement
Jones did look good in the game running both inside and outside. He reminds of former UM RB Damien Berry just with more speed.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Jones, Williams, and Walton all being early enrollees an Scarlett being the wild card that will not enroll until may so he could flip late to another school causing UM to miss out on Jones.

Go Canes

ray_yes.gif

Advertisement
If staff wants him. He will come.

I want him bad. Kid just makes plays.

His athletic bloodline is proof enough for me.

G - who is that #11 for Central on defense? That kid is a S T U D !!!!!

Keivonnis Davis. Miami Jackson transfer iirc who has been highly rated since his freshman season. Have to assume his grades are a mess otherwise everyone would be recruiting him.

Advertisement

Keivonnis Davis. Miami Jackson transfer iirc who has been highly rated since his freshman season. Have to assume his grades are a mess otherwise everyone would be recruiting him.

jesus christ. first hit is clowney like. http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3818999/highlights/158482381

2015 DE Keivonnis Davis grades are fine if he is committed to Syracuse ( they don't mess around when it comes to academics).

Here is a Scout Article and video interview with K Davis.
http://syracuse.scout.com/story/1486468-scout-spotlight-keivonnis-davis

There are just alot of other DE's in South Florida that are rated higher. He is a good one, but UM can't take everyone.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back