2023 Anthony Hill, 2023 LB (Denton Ryan HS in TX)

Advertisement
I cancelled awhile back and honestly I only kept going as long I did was for tMB. Kinda miss that place, wish they would offer a subscription to just it
Even tMB has fallen off. Used to be hysterical, now it’s a bunch of old republicans with either no sense of humor or a terrible sense of humor.

You all are too funny...

If you want examples...Google is always your friend, because I guess this information is only privy to thos close to Bama, Texas and/or Georgia

I guess in some cases even Texas doesnt know whats going on in thier own backyard:

So, an Alabama reporter on an Alabama website reports that Alabama commits will be visiting other schools (in September) - and you think that equates to a Miami reporter spilling the beans on a supposed secret visit from an un-committed player (1 week from signing day). Not apples to apples.

Texas is not the side you should be comparing us to in that Niblett article. If you can find something where a Houston writer reported prior to the visit that "4* Texas commit will be on campus this weekend" - then, yeah, you'd have a point. But, as you can see, the "surprise visit" was actually a surprise. Imagine that.

Apparently, this visit has been in the works for a while, and the whole time it was kept under wraps, so it's safe to assume that the info did not come from a UM staffer. Rivals writer with an itchy twitter finger gets a nugget from somewhere, and rather than run that nugget by an actual source in the building that he presumably has, he just goes with it. That's not how "Journalism" is supposed to work and it's definitely not how things happen in small-town USA.

Advertisement
Breaking the news that hey may be visiting Miami, why would that happen any? However, the news that he had visits and in-home visits from Texas was all over the place. The kid is not committed anywhere, so WTF is everyone so ****ed about this news getting out.

If the kids didnt want it out, than guess what....dont tell anyone.

What in the **** is wrong with you poeple?
You made your point, no need to keep repeating it over and over again or quoting me, this is getting boring. I dont think you know what your talking about but whatever, agree to disagree.

Yep. People who know has been sitting on this one for awhile. **** shame our media continues to do this.
I don’t even know if I would call rivals our media anymore.

Pretty much as big a **** as Ferman can be he generally doesn’t try to **** the program over. The Miami site that replaced what was canesport when it moved over to on three is essentially dead - there’s like no comments or traffic at all from what you can see even not as a subscriber + but I’m sure they’re just trying to figure out how to get attention. but in the meantime they’re ****ing off their entire audience that could possibly go to them for information. I hope it ******* dies

Advertisement
Tuckers on a space getting cooked right now
Donald Glover Reaction GIF

I, a serious person, am very concerned that this is going to cost Tucker his Pulitzer.

Here's a few things:

1) If we didn't have the media we have, we probably would have had more Manny Diaz.
2) A lot of the people complaining about journalistic standards around college football recruiting (LOL) are also the same who complain that LeBatard did actual journalism back in the day and exposed a scandal for our favorite football team.
3) If you want a homer media that acts as a PR wing for the football program, that is fine, just call it what it is and quit the pearl clutching, this is some soft ***, FSU *** ****.

I'm a good enough hunter w/ a rifle (but by no means the best). I can drop a sprinting hog at 100 yards and have done so more than once. But I'd still rather have that fvcker standing still. Makes it a **** of a lot easier to bring home.

The same concept applies here. Recruiting is hard enough. No need to have your local media putting you on blast and bumping up the level of difficulty.
Have you ever been out hunting with Paranos??

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back