2023 Anthony Hill, 2023 LB (Denton Ryan HS in TX)

Yeah hes staying home..for now..lets revisit this come late October if we are hitting on all cylinders and are 7-1/8-0 going into that FSU game with the ACC Coastal firmly in our grasp. Then let's see how he feels..This isnt over.
Let's revisit after our Texas A&M win and let the kid know where he should be!

Advertisement
Recruits add new schools to their top schools all the time, but looks like he wants to stay home. Plus we were eliminated before the top 5 I believe.

I predict he stays in his home state but signs with Prairie View A & M . Shock the World young man!!!

Advertisement
Did we have some tie to him. Or was that Hicks?

That conference is setting up for a huge letdown the way their schedules are set up.

Texas loses to TCU this weekend to kill their momentum, then TCU loses at Baylor to eliminate them from the playoff.

Sark about to get another one?

Seems like it.

Did we have some tie to him. Or was that Hicks?

That conference is setting up for a huge letdown the way their schedules are set up.

Texas loses to TCU this weekend to kill their momentum, then TCU loses at Baylor to eliminate them from the playoff.

Hicks' dad lived in Miami for some time, IIRC.

FWIW, Texas might also flip Hicks as well.

Advertisement
This last month will give us an idea of the next 2-3 years of NIL. There are going to be some desperate teams who may destroy the going rates and a lot of kids could make decisions they regret. Not saying Texas doesnt get this kid but with NIL you never know who is lurking.....

I think it will start to self regulate once a few of these 5 stars dont pan out and NIL businesses realize they are taking major hits for some turds.

Advertisement
May be nothing, but I found it a bit interesting that he thanks Texas A&M, Santucci the LB coach, and generically "the staff" for the relationship built up during his recruitment, but doesnt mention Jimbo specifically. Given Jimbos rep for recruiting, I would imagine he was heavily involved in the recruitment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back